• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Change.org petition wih it all

This came up after going to change.org.

Load of crap.

https://www.change.org/p/amber-rudd-mp-help-jennifer-stay-in-the-uk-with-her-family-and-continue-doing-valuable-research?source_location=petition_footer&algorithm=promoted&original_footer_petition_id=1687780&grid_position=6&pt=AVBldGl0aW9uALYoxAAAAAAAWkjZUFBeuJ45NmYxOGRiNQ%3D%3D

Some very vague and misleading text in the petition.

If shes married to a brit and has been in yhe uk why in fucksake did she not sort thus out earlier?

Even jezzas in on the act. I dont think the uk has a shortage of archeologists mind.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/03/Steptoe-visa-policy-puts-uks-global-reputation-research-risk

She only has to go back to yhe states for 2 months to apply fir a vusa ffs. They are nit forcing hubby to go.

Hubbys passport would not have taken away. Hed have sent it as part of her very late visa app. He could have got a second one.

The pair of them sound like morons.

So, she is a USA citizen, married to a UK citizen.

She never thought to change her nationality in the 3 years that she has been married?

So, perhaps she does not want to relinquish her USA citizenship.

Ain't that tough.

1 minute ago, Byron said:

She never thought to change her nationality in the 3 years that she has been married?

Ain't that tough.

Not even that.

She could easily get right to remain, all cinsidering - if shed pulled her finger out.

27 minutes ago, Byron said:

Ain't that tough.

Some thing strange there ..i have always thought/believed  US citizens have to pay tax on all their income even if it`s earnt abroad ?  could well explain her reluctance to return to the US to renew the visa 

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Some thing strange there ..i have always thought/believed  US citizens have to pay tax on all their income even if it`s earnt abroad ?  could well explain her reluctance to return to the US to renew the visa 

They are taxed on thrir worldwide income. So have to fill in a tax return.

Then you get let off tax if the state recognise the country i.e uk.

Dexpite the claims otherwise, us is a nuts, overegualted makework type of place.

This is nothing to do with Change.  People are arguing that there should be an appeal, I guess.

The problem here is the law.

Perhaps the petition should be:

We think immigration law should be changed to consider the intentions of immigrants, rather than how good they are at filling in paperwork.

For example, someone who is clearly of benefit to the UK should be allowed to stay even if they have made a trivial mistake about when forms were filled in.

And someone else, who is exemplary with form filling and raising appeals to the highest authority, shouldn't be allowed to stay if they're clearly not acting in the best interests of the UK, whether taking advantage of welfare, criminal behaviour or are behaving in highly anti-social ways.

12 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

correct. The US tax reach is global if you are a citizen.

7 minutes ago, dgul said:

This is nothing to do with Change.  People are arguing that there should be an appeal, I guess.

Perhaps the petition should be:

Sod that.

No criminal record and earning more than 25k (single) 60k (family)

I think it just shows people take uk immigration for granted. This archaeologist just assumed she could come and go as she pleased and was too arrogant in my opinion. If it had been the other way around and her British husband was trying to move to the states this couple wouldn’t mess around,  they’d comply with whatever conditions they had to or else he’d be deported with little to no chance of appeal. None of this winging it and then whining when the authorities catch up with her.

3 hours ago, dgul said:

The report in the Guardian blames how the law is applied, 

Wexler’s lawyer, Victoria Sharkey of MediVisas UK immigration service, said she was “bewildered” by the Home Office’s refusal and criticised their “incredibly subjective” rules. “The Home Office caseworker has scope to decide when excess absences can be waived and these are not applied consistently,” she said.  

Not too bad, a bit chunky though.Jennifer Wexler

1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

The report in the Guardian blames how the law is applied, 

Wexler’s lawyer, Victoria Sharkey of MediVisas UK immigration service, said she was “bewildered” by the Home Office’s refusal and criticised their “incredibly subjective” rules. “The Home Office caseworker has scope to decide when excess absences can be waived and these are not applied consistently,” she said.  

Not too bad, a bit chunky though.Jennifer Wexler

If her immigration lawyer is confused by the uk immigration laws then it might be more down to the lawyer being shit.

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=47162.0

'I came across two sites that seemed very popular in my search.  UK Immigration and MediVisas were listed everywhere.  I'm going with MediVisas because they're cheaper and will give me 50% of my money back in worse case scenario I dont get my visa.'

Ah yes. Cheapers always best. She picked the Dr Nick immigration lawyer....

Edited by spygirl