• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

He aint heavy...

15 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The pope's an asshole.

He wants us all to live in piss 'n' shit so we can follow him. Everybody knows those bombs saved lives.

Edited by XswampyX

War is for cunts.

What we civilised folk need to do is to out-cunt the cunts - without becoming cunts ourselves.

I don't have the actual answer to that riddle mind.

I just like saying "cunt" a lot...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
Because I'm a cunt...

56 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

p02569-192.jpg

What is a picture that captures how bad World War I and ...

For balance some photo's of those nice Japanese people's treatment of other human beings.

My Grandad said that dropping the Atom Bomb saved his life.

And my cousin's.

You younger people (including the Pope ) have no idea.

The A bombs on Japan saved my cousin who was a FEPOW and my Dad who after returning from the Med was getting ready to go out there.

'He who sows the wind........................................'

Don't blame the Allies like a sponge brained SJW,  blame the Japanese leaders, blame Hirohito the unhanged war criminal.

It might have been better if they'd come clean immediately after the war and instead of pulling the wool over everyone's eyes and going on and on and on for decades about how barbarously cruel the Japanese had been in various ways during WW2 and just said straightaway that the allies were totally wrong in every aspect during WW2 and absolute rotters to drop the bombs to cut short the cruelty.

Basically they are just turncoats and at every turn for their own selfish reasons betray everyone involved on the side of the allies. 

Edited by twocents

When did the christian church become pussies?

I collect coins. The most recent coin I've bought is an an early 18th century Portugese coin like the one below. It says "in hoc signs vinces". It translates as "in this sign you will conquer".... 

I'm not saying we should grab our swords and invade North Africa. However it would be good if our leaders weren't continually apologising on our behalf.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

War is for cunts.

What we civilised folk need to do is to out-cunt the cunts - without becoming cunts ourselves.

I don't have the actual answer to that riddle mind.

I just like saying "cunt" a lot...

XYY

"War? What is it good for?" Cunts.

Out-cunt ourselves, an interesting conumdrum.

51 minutes ago, twocents said:

It might have been better if they'd come clean immediately after the war and instead of pulling the wool over everyone's eyes and going on and on and on for decades about how barbarously cruel the Japanese had been in various ways during WW2 and just said straightaway that the allies were totally wrong in every aspect during WW2 and absolute rotters to drop the bombs to cut short the cruelty.

Basically they are just turncoats and at every turn for their own selfish reasons betray everyone involved on the side of the allies. 

The Americans exacted retribution through using the atom bombs when it was not really necessary. 

I am not an apologist for Japanese barbarity as my Grand Father served on both of Wingate's expeditions and hated them based on his own experience.

If the Pope chose to read any of the Chindits diaries he would more likely get his cards from WH Smith's.

10 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

The Americans exacted retribution through using the atom bombs when it was not really necessary. 

I am not an apologist for Japanese barbarity as my Grand Father served on both of Wingate's expeditions and hated them based on his own experience.

If the Pope chose to read any of the Chindits diaries he would more likely get his cards from WH Smith's.

I think the first Atom bomb was necessary, I think the second one should have been aimed at military targets at worst The point was made. Not necessary. :(.

1 minute ago, FudgePacker said:

I think the first Atom bomb was necessary, I think the second one should have been aimed at military targets at worst The point was made. Not necessary. :(.

Agree 100%, should have worded it better. 

I think there were a number of good reasons to use them. Even if there were not, having spent all that time, effort and money to develop a new super weapon I believe they would have been used regardless. They had two designs, it was always going to be a minimum of testing the effects of each one.

44 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

It's difficult to know all the justifications as so much is kept secret and there might even have been some relevance to some atom bomb race etc with Russia and Germany etc.  The suicidal attitude of the Japanese forces was well broadcast and I think that by that time most people on the allied side were just grateful that it effectively ended that war.  Clearly avoiding all the deaths from any weapon would have been preferable.

It's not the first time such awful images have been broadcast and in the past it's normally seemed to be to manipulate opinion and to spread fear for some self serving political reason.  Perhaps the card "the fruit of war" should also include similar allied images - just for balance.

Edited by twocents

32 minutes ago, Byron said:

This was 73 years ago.

The Pope is just indulging in Virtue signalling and attempted social engineering.

Utterly despicable.

I suspect most of us don't need to be sent some sort of snuff card from the the Papacy to realise that nuclear weapons are horrible and that innocent children get killed in war.

It is a bit like all those endless diatribes about the 200 year old African slave trade. Surprisingly, I managed to work out that treating ones fellow humans as chattels was probably not morally justifiable all by myself without all these lectures from all the self appointed opinion formers on the subject.

Edited by Virgil Caine

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

“The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.” L P Hartley. 

I was quoting "the past is a different country.  They do more fly fishing there" J R Hartley.