• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
lid

We are all gonna be dead in 100 years

3 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Realistically more like 20 at my age.

The wrong side of 50 as well.

As some European policymaker or other once said, it doesn't matter what we think as one day we'll all be dead. And they have our children.

You have more confidence than me there are no vampires amongst the membership on here, I wouldn’t rule out a few elves, from Middle Earth, either.

Old cliche. But Life is about the journey. Not the destination. 

If you are rudderless, you must set yourself a goal. Even if you don't get there, it'll keep you busy. 

The Devil makes use of idle hands.

Untitled.png

I was out cycling on Swansea sea-front yesterday. Bitterly cold and very windy but stunningly beautiful. The sea-front path was packed with people - large numbers walking along looking at their smartphones and getting pissed off that cyclists dare ring their bells at them to get off the cycle path.

Loads of parents who had bought their kids electric transport - electric go-karts & scooters, electric some kind of thing you stand  up on. One girl, about 8 or 9, had a segway(?). I shouted at the parents - "You should have bought a child that age a bike!".

So kids too fecking precious or too lazy to pedal or skate and parents too concerned with sticking dog tongues and ears on their snapchat whilst ignoring beautiful scenery all around.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I was out cycling on Swansea sea-front yesterday. Bitterly cold and very windy but stunningly beautiful. The sea-front path was packed with people - large numbers walking along looking at their smartphones and getting pissed off that cyclists dare ring their bells at them to get off the cycle path.

Loads of parents who had bought their kids electric transport - electric go-karts & scooters, electric some kind of thing you stand  up on. One girl, about 8 or 9, had a segway(?). I shouted at the parents - "You should have bought a child that age a bike!".

So kids too fecking precious or too lazy to pedal or skate and parents too concerned with sticking dog tongues and ears on their snapchat whilst ignoring beautiful scenery all around.

Maybe I live in some kind of victorian vortex, but I only ever see things like that within the M25 ring.

Has Swansea taken it's fair share of London bellends then? Went out to the local water park (a big pond) and saw plenty of families and no need for a Faraday cage in sight. How much is a fucking segway anyway??

I remember pining for a quad bike when I was a similar age. I found a competition out of some magazine and my Dad said of course I could enter (premium rate number so had to fork up for that myself). I was convinced I'd won and I waited every day to get the letter to say I'd won.

The fact that it never came was obvious in hind-sight, but the thrill of "maybe" getting that quad-bike still lives with me today. Had I won it, I doubt it would have satiated my thirst for "more, more more" at that age.

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I kind of went off the idea of getting a Segway after the guy who owned the company died riding one off a cliff.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39377851/ns/world_news-europe/t/segway-company-owner-rides-scooter-cliff-dies/

18 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I kind of went off the idea of getting a Segway after the guy who owned the company died riding one off a cliff.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39377851/ns/world_news-europe/t/segway-company-owner-rides-scooter-cliff-dies/

Surprised l haven't  heard that before. Sort of thing you'd think would be mentioned evry time Segway came up. 

1 minute ago, steppensheep said:

Surprised l haven't  heard that before. Sort of thing you'd think would be mentioned evry time Segway came up. 

It's not the best advertising, that's for sure.