• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Yesterday's hero, today's villain

A HOMELESS man hailed a hero in the aftermath of the Manchester suicide bomb attack looted the victims' bodies and took sickening snaps of dead kids.

Callous Chris Parker, 33, stole a purse belonging to injured Pauline Healey as her 14-year-old grandaughter Sorrell Leczkowski lay dying just yards away.

CCTV footage played to the court showed Parker kneeling over bodies and rifling through bags in the devastating aftermath of the atrocity that killed 22 people.

Parker had claimed he cradled a dying woman in his arms after the blast and received more than £50,000 from well-wishers for his apparently selfless actions.

But in a shocking twist of fate, it later emerged Parker:

• STOLE a debit card, purse and phone from injured gran Pauline as winced in pain on floor with 15 shrapnel wounds
  • Swiped an iPhone 6 from injured teenage victim before taking snaps of dead bodies
  • Rifled through the pockets and bags of dying and injured victims in the foyer
  • Then brazenly spent the stolen cash in McDonald's just hours after the attack
  • Hailed a hero after claiming to media he had cradled bloodied and dying victims
  • Now faces jail after his web of lies unravelled and shocking truth emerged

•  

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5249806/manchester-homeless-hero-chris-parker-admits-theft-mcdonalds/

There was a vast amount of coverage of this guy at the time as he was held up as a shining example of how people's prejudices about the homeless are wrong and they are all wonderful people so shame on you for thinking bad thoughts about them.  And now he's confirmed everybody's worst prejudices.

Having worked in the sector (back office!) I can say that just about anyone can, through a combination of unfortunate (not neccessarily chance - addiction usually plays its part) circumstances, find themselves homeless.  But any decent person who finds themself homeless can take the offered routes out of it; those who stay on the streets long term are a different type entirely. 

Though exception for the old fashioned gentlemen of the streets / tramps / bag ladies if they still exist.

4 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

I'm very surprised that the Millwall football fan/hero of Borough Market has not had a bit of digging around his past looking for a bit of GBH/ABH

He was involved in an 'incident' a couple of weeks after the attacks with some dark-skinned gentlemen which when reported in the news looked very staged, as if it was an attempt to goad him into doing something disgraceful. 

9 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

They have brought this to conclusion really quickly. Evidence may have been easily found (cctv etc), but we rarely see our more diverse brethren brought to account so quickly.

Well they got this diverse chappie in pretty darn quick - wot with it being Christmas 'n all 9_9

18 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Courtroom sketch of the accused:

IMG_3318.PNG.5d6d36abcb6b6e3cbeb02a10157bcd14.PNG

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

He was involved in an 'incident' a couple of weeks after the attacks with some dark-skinned gentlemen which when reported in the news looked very staged, as if it was an attempt to goad him into doing something disgraceful. 

well it's in the mail so it must be true

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4671004/Lion-London-Bridge-spits-black-photographer.html

Edited by Knock Out Johnny

7 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

Well they got this diverse chappie in pretty darn quick - wot with it being Christmas 'n all 9_9

There’s a fundamental difference between being brought to court to be charged, and being brought to court for trial. You are comparing apples and underpants, and I believe you are clever enough to know it.

10 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

There’s a fundamental difference between being brought to court to be charged, and being brought to court for trial. You are comparing apples and underpants, and I believe you are clever enough to know it.

Yes - but the implication in your post is that the trial of the homeless thief was done and dusted nice and quick because he was white - I'm just pointing out some relatively speedy movement by the authorities with a black suspect as you seem to think the authorities drag their feet and " rarely see our more diverse brethren brought to account so quickly."

I'll say it'll take far longer to go to court and for the trial to be concluded for the murder because it's er... well... a murder

3 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

Yes - but the implication in your post is that the trial of the homeless thief was done and dusted nice and quick because he was white - I'm just pointing out some relatively speedy movement by the authorities with a black suspect as you seem to think the authorities drag their feet and " rarely see our more diverse brethren brought to account so quickly."

I'll say it'll take far longer to go to court and for the trial to be concluded for the murder because it's er... well... a murder

I made it absolutely clear in my post that evidence may have been plentiful. With the scale of the investigation into the arena incident, it’s more than likely. 

You inferred that it was because he was white. Several of our diverse brethren have been implicated in incidents with similar large scale investigations, and not brought to trial within this timescale. You then threw out a spurious example which you now say you knew there was no comparison with what was being discussed.

6 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I made it absolutely clear in my post that evidence may have been plentiful. With the scale of the investigation into the arena incident, it’s more than likely. 

You inferred that it was because he was white. Several of our diverse brethren have been implicated in incidents with similar large scale investigations, and not brought to trial within this timescale. You then threw out a spurious example which you now say you knew there was no comparison with what was being discussed.

where on earth did I infer that it was because he was white? - WTF are you talking about?

no you said:

rarely see our more diverse brethren brought to account so quickly."

that infers that the wheels of justice work quicker on a white suspect than an ethnic one

one week later diverse brethren is in the dock - wot with it being christmas 'n all

3 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

where on earth did I infer that it was because he was white? - WTF are you talking about?

33 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

Yes - but the implication in your post is that the trial of the homeless thief was done and dusted nice and quick because he was white 

You drew a causal link between what I said and it being about race. I made it clear that the amount of evidence available may have been a cause.

And then you knowingly used an irrelevant example to prove your point.

1 minute ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

You drew a causal link between what I said and it being about race. I made it clear that the amount of evidence available may have been a cause.

And then you knowingly used an irrelevant example to prove your point.

of course I did - what do you expect when you post? and then i posted a diverse brethren nicked pdq 

we rarely see our more diverse brethren brought to account so quickly.

if you post wasn't about speedier legal proceedings for a white person what was the point of your original post? If I've read you wrong then i'll back down and eat crow

1 hour ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

They have brought this to conclusion really quickly. Evidence may have been easily found (cctv etc), but we rarely see our more diverse brethren brought to account so quickly.

25 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

of course I did - what do you expect when you post? and then i posted a diverse brethren nicked pdq 

we rarely see our more diverse brethren brought to account so quickly.

if you post wasn't about speedier legal proceedings for a white person what was the point of your original post? If I've read you wrong then i'll back down and eat crow

I picked you up on a post you made that was at best, a misrepresentation, and at worst, downright dishonest.

I did compare the lack of progress between the homeless man and people implicated in incidents of a similar scale of investigation. With the exception of the Finsbury Park van, no similar investigations that I know of are progressing as quickly. The benefits of this forum include people with more information being able to add insight to the discussion.

16 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I picked you up on a post you made that was at best, a misrepresentation, and at worst, downright dishonest.

I did compare the lack of progress between the homeless man and people implicated in incidents of a similar scale of investigation. With the exception of the Finsbury Park van, no similar investigations that I know of are progressing as quickly. The benefits of this forum include people with more information being able to add insight to the discussion.

Okay - I stand correctd.

I didn't know that you were talking about other cases (outside this conversation). If that is true then it's bollocks and unacceptable

In the immediate aftermath of the bomb this man was on TV saying he "tired to help people and pull things out of their bodies" 

I thought he meant shrapnel, not wallets.

1 hour ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

I think hes been in the nuck on remand. The trials only just completed.