• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Toby Young

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Toby Young.  The best thing that happened to education of an odious, think, privileged and entitled twat?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42552884

discuss 

Unlike the lefty alternatives he does at least care about the quality of education on offer. Twat or not, that makes his appointment a good thing.

I think its good.

Anyine outside of the educational establishment or left wing, to give some perdoective.

Im a govenor. Partner is a teacher, althought not British, which does help.

I have meetings and social events where 90% of the teaching staff just parrot the same stuff, with no thought. Again. And again. And again. 

The actual level of most teachers education is shocking - scraped uni pass, limited maths. It woild better insusting that under 16 teachers just have a levels passes in english, science and maths rather than a pointless degree, which, for 80%, seem to be no indication or proof/level of education.

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I think its good.

Anyine outside of the educational establishment or left wing, to give some perdoective.

Im a govenor. Partner is a teacher, althought not British, which does help.

I have meetings and social events where 90% of the teaching staff just parrot the same stuff, with no thought. Again. And again. And again. 

The actual level of most teachers education is shocking - scraped uni pass, limited maths. It woild better insusting that under 16 teachers just have a levels passes in english, science and maths rather than a pointless degree, which, for 80%, seem to be no indication or proof/level of education.

Well, he could start with whoever taught you to type.

3 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I'd be surprised if he didn't know that - any evidence?

Yes, he was being interviewed on telly and his said "it's a crossing of a rubicon". I mentioned it on here. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes, he was being interviewed on telly and his said "it's a crossing of a rubicon". I mentioned it on here. 

Rubicon.

Young seems to have triggered a lot of the lefties, judging by my twitter feed.

4 minutes ago, davidg said:

Rubicon.

There is something smug and unlikable about him. Most of it is, I really don't like to see the private sector getting enmeshed into public services. We have seen time and again what that means for both quality and cost. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

There is something smug and unlikable about him. Most of it is, I really don't like to see the private sector getting enmeshed into public services. We have seen time and again what that means for both quality and cost. 

Better quality and cheaper cost :D

36 minutes ago, One percent said:

There is something smug and unlikable about him.

The only thing I know him for is when he went to work in NY for a year, he wrote some interesting stuff... such as New York women are not crying out for a short, bald Brit just because he has a limey accent.

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Rubicon.

Something about him liking tits seems to be upsetting people.

Never head of the fella, so I've not bothered looking into it.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Something about him liking tits seems to be upsetting people.

Never head of the fella, so I've not bothered looking into it.

bald bloke, used to write for the Evening Standard. Wrote this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Lose_Friends_%26_Alienate_People_(memoir)

which is quite good (insofar as Young probably gives you a candid picture of himself). More than that I don't know.

Edited by davidg

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Having not known much about the guy and now having read that I've decided I like him.

The Guardian are still whinging about this story 5 years on, like a dog with a bone.

2 hours ago, One percent said:

He is an aristocrat and almost certainly will always be an aristocrat. He would have to sodomise Prince George or murder the Queen to fuck that gig up. And he knows it.