• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Long time lurking

I do not know where to put this WTF says it all IMO

Just now, Fully Detached said:

Complete over-reaction.

Unless he also barks "Heil Hitler" and goose steps his way around the local park, how are we to be sure he even knows the seriousness of what he's doing?

Are we talking the dog here :D

That`s a sketch Monty python would be proud of 

I`m convinced the CPS are on drugs 

Jeez I didn't even know a Nazi salute was a hate crime by a human, let alone a dog.

What were the classic signature gestures of the Pol Pot regime, and are they hate crimes too? What about owning a machete - they were the main weapons in the Rwanda genocide, is that a hate crime?

Shouldn't a list of forbidden gestures, statements and body movements be put online for everyone?

What about the cats that look like Hitler videos - also a hate crime?

Edited by swissy_fit

11 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Are we talking the dog here :D

That`s a sketch Monty python would be proud of 

I`m convinced the CPS are on drugs 

That was my thought. Who/what are they charging, the person or the dog? Barking

Ah.

Little snippet of extra information here. IMO the context is changed by this..... He put videos online of the dog responding to these prompts.

"A man who taught his girlfriend’s dog to do the Nazi salute whenever he said ‘gas the Jews’ has denied committing a hate crime. Mark Meechan, 29, was arrested for teaching the pug Buddha to put his paw up like a Nazi salute when prompted by statements such as ‘Heil Hitler’, ‘Sieg Heil’ and ‘gas the Jews’. "

Edited by swissy_fit

46 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Jeez I didn't even know a Nazi salute was a hate crime by a human, let alone a dog.

What were the classic signature gestures of the Pol Pot regime, and are they hate crimes too? What about owning a machete - they were the main weapons in the Rwanda genocide, is that a hate crime?

Shouldn't a list of forbidden gestures, statements and body movements be put online for everyone?

What about the cats that look like Hitler videos - also a hate crime?

That’s the clever bit, there is no necessary action (or inaction) that creates the crime just the claim that someone else was offended.

1 hour ago, swissy_fit said:

Ah.

Little snippet of extra information here. IMO the context is changed by this..... He put videos online of the dog responding to these prompts.

"A man who taught his girlfriend’s dog to do the Nazi salute whenever he said ‘gas the Jews’ has denied committing a hate crime. Mark Meechan, 29, was arrested for teaching the pug Buddha to put his paw up like a Nazi salute when prompted by statements such as ‘Heil Hitler’, ‘Sieg Heil’ and ‘gas the Jews’. "

It's a joke. In court they're arguing that he's agitating for another holocaust. It's ridiculous, the idea of a racist Nazi pug that wants to gas the Jews is just funny and absurd. It seems like joking about Nazis and the holocaust is now de facto illegal. How did we get to the point?

7 minutes ago, Panther said:

If it were me I would refuse to engage - no plea, no attendance, no representation, no defence - to remove any trace of legitimacy from this show trial.

I think i'd grow a little tache and style my hair appropriately for the trial

I doubt even the prosecution believe the crap they are peddling when they go home. Really, they should refuse to take the case, but they are getting paid, aren't they, and they want their next commission to come a long nicely.

Edited by Hopeful

12 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

It's a joke. In court they're arguing that he's agitating for another holocaust. It's ridiculous, the idea of a racist Nazi pug that wants to gas the Jews is just funny and absurd. It seems like joking about Nazis and the holocaust is now de facto illegal. How did we get to the point?

Indeed, growing up in the 70's taking the piss out of the Nazi's was the height of comedy, well according to Freddy Star. 

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I think i'd grow a little tache and style my hair appropriately for the trial

I doubt even the prosecution believe the crap they are peddling when they go home. Really, they should refuse to take the case, but they are getting paid, aren't they, and they want their next commission to come a long nicely.

Actually, he's missed a trick. he should have got all his mates to grow a little tache and style their hair and have a whole cohort in the public gallery

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

That’s the clever frightening  bit, there is no necessary action (or inaction) that creates the crime just the claim that someone else was offended.

So on that metric offending someone is now regarded as a criminal offence .... every comedian in this country should be shitting themselves as for Tony Blair he might as well top himself 

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

So on that metric offending someone is now regarded as a criminal offence .... every comedian in this country should be shitting themselves as for Tony Blair he might as well top himself 

How do I report James OB?

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

How do I report James OB?

The pug can sort him out

46 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Is the pug up for conspiring 

hilter.jpg

If I was him I would be calling John Cleese and Michael Palin as defence witnesses to explain the idea of HUMOUR and SATIRE to the fuckwits on the bench.

Edited by wherebee

2 minutes ago, wherebee said:

hilter.jpg

If I was him I would be calling John Cleese and Michael Palin as defence witnesses to explain the idea of HUMOUR and SATIRE to the fuckwits on the bench.

Not to mention most of the cast of 'Allo Allo'