DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Housing shortage playing into Steptoe's hands.

swiss_democracy_for_all

swiss_democracy_for_all

Have to say I agree with this. Housing is one of the biggest single issues that affects people's quality of life and several successive governments have done nothing, Steptoe could get elected on the back of the youth vote, when added to those who would vote for him anyway it could tip the balance.

Of course he'll play down the fact that half the new homes he would build would be to house 3rd world unskilled migrants, but honestly I think the young will be so desperate by then they won't join up those particular dots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/12/23/housing-shortage-could-put-Steptoe-no-10-says-buxton/

I've noticed my weekly food cost creeping up to nearly the same as my rent. Everything is just creeping, the creepy little buggers. I'm not sure where this is going to end, but suddenly my rent is not my biggest concern.

I should add I'm in a HA property, and don't really ever see myself buying.

Long time lurking
25 minutes ago, Reebo said:

I've noticed my weekly food cost creeping up to nearly the same as my rent. Everything is just creeping, the creepy little buggers. I'm not sure where this is going to end, but suddenly my rent is not my biggest concern.

I should add I'm in a HA property, and don't really ever see myself buying.

Well that`s the problem ,unless he uses public land and money and then sells at cost it will mean nothing for large parts of the country 

Then look at the reasonable parts of the country as of now and you will find that house prices are not the problem it`s low wages coupled with as you say the ever rising costs of the necessities of life it`s an affordability crisis as much as a housing shortage ...and where are IR`s going 

IMO we have already jumped the shark 

As for the OP who knows with a caveat the other team has a hell pf  alot of mud to sling at team red ...remember no more boom and bust ,fuck me those words should be on that one eyed cunts head stone 

i have a lodger to bring in extra cash,id make everyone in the country that houseing benifit is paying for there home take a lodger in to if they have an empty spare room ,hopefully a surly afgan or albanian .it would mean an end to beds in sheds,people in the streets and trust me half the fkers would suddenly get a job

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

i have a lodger to bring in extra cash,id make everyone in the country that houseing benifit is paying for there home take a lodger in to if they have an empty spare room ,hopefully a surly afgan or albanian .it would mean an end to beds in sheds,people in the streets and trust me half the fkers would suddenly get a job

Are we allowed to take in a lodger, then bury them under the patio, but continue to claim their HB? :P

Sounds legit.

12 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Have to say I agree with this. Housing is one of the biggest single issues that affects people's quality of life and several successive governments have done nothing, Steptoe could get elected on the back of the youth vote, when added to those who would vote for him anyway it could tip the balance.

Of course he'll play down the fact that half the new homes he would build would be to house 3rd world unskilled migrants, but honestly I think the young will be so desperate by then they won't join up those particular dots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/12/23/housing-shortage-could-put-Steptoe-no-10-says-buxton/

Nothing to do with desperation. Most young millennials have been conditioned to blame anything but immigration for a vast swathe of problems.

24 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Nothing to do with desperation. Most young millennials have been conditioned to blame anything but immigration for a vast swathe of problems.

Yes.  Including my own two offspring despite my best efforts. The establishment have been very good at hoodwinking the young. 

I guess it's only as you get older that you begin to see it as it actually is. 

13 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Even a nice white british chav would be fun.
No spare rooms. That's what annoys me about LHA. It didn't work, it's done nothing to help fill empty bedrooms.

swiss_democracy_for_all
12 minutes ago, Byron said:

Frankly, the Conservatives will deserve to lose.

They seem completely detached from the electorate.

True, but when the alternative is Steptoe......

Well, they could

1 release green belt around cities.

2 Give Steptoe the really good kicking he deserves. His political history is appalling, his promises re students already withdrawn.

3 Kick the Labour party in the balls. They bust the UK. They are responsible for Brown's broken legacy which Steptoe likes to call austerity.

Basically, the Conservatives are politically inept. Look at their last manifesto, they abandoned the old grey vote which are their core base.

I get the impression that Steptoe is playing a game of all in street rugby while the conservatives are playing a gentle game of croquet on the Vicar's lawn.

16 hours ago, Reebo said:

Are we allowed to take in a lodger, then bury them under the patio, but continue to claim their HB? :P

Sounds legit.

one of my mates has converted his loft and rents out his 3 bedrooms ,ok he makes around 75 a week from each one but he has to put up with some right scum bags

Archived