• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Aussie flu

I am feeling terrible this morning. Can move around but aching all over and weak as a kitten who just ran a marathon. Throat is as sore as can be. I have a dental check-up on Friday morning but I need to ring them soon and cancel - that is how ill I feel. I am cancelling a cherished dental appointment!!!

Joking aside, I am clearly contagious with something that I wouldn't want others to get. Shame, it looks a beautiful day but I just wish to stay in my warm bed.

8 minutes ago, This Time said:

I think I've got it too.

Can it spread via the internet?

I am out of garlic and weighing up the pros and cons of trudging to the shop to buy some... but I am having trouble getting to the kitchen from my bed. This is one possible ending for my life at some point. I am going to get flu and die in bed. Then I will be found in the summer when the heat kicks in.

18 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Can it spread via the internet?

I am out of garlic and weighing up the pros and cons of trudging to the shop to buy some... but I am having trouble getting to the kitchen from my bed. This is one possible ending for my life at some point. I am going to get flu and die in bed. Then I will be found in the summer when the heat kicks in.

Online shopping? Sainsbury's and Tesco both do same day evening deliveries if booked by a certain time.

2 minutes ago, This Time said:

Online shopping? Sainsbury's and Tesco both do same day evening deliveries if booked by a certain time.

Yep, I did consider that. But it seems a bit much for a bunch of garlic. I have sausages and eggs in the freezer ... and an emergency jalfrzei... so think some of them will be called to battle soon.

I stocked up on lemsip, vit c and zinc before NYE so am fine there.

Take it easy for 2-3 weeks after getting better. 

I had the bloody disease in December, got over it, but it has now 'rebounded' which apparently can happen - either the original virus never fully goes away, or another virus attacks you when your immune system is weakened. I favour the former explanation as for the last couple of weeks I had an odd sensation in the sinuses which I think was the virus lurking there. 

Best of luck!

6 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Take it easy for 2-3 weeks after getting better. 

I had the bloody disease in December, got over it, but it has now 'rebounded' which apparently can happen - either the original virus never fully goes away, or another virus attacks you when your immune system is weakened. I favour the former explanation as for the last couple of weeks I had an odd sensation in the sinuses which I think was the virus lurking there. 

Best of luck!

Thanks.

Yep, just talking with a mate who had it back in December and who says he is still struggling to get over it.

Sorry to hear you are not well TMT.  Same message to the other flu sufferers, obviously, but those who are not living alone are clearly better off having no-one to fuss over them and feed them?! (And get help.)

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This is one possible ending for my life at some point. I am going to get flu and die in bed. Then I will be found in the summer when the heat kicks in.

If you fear the end is getting near (one day) and you are not quite ready to meet the grim reaper,  immediately post your full address on here, and then the nearest DOSBODSer can either come round in person or else phone for help ... and try to make sure help arrives in time! (Sod keeping your anonymity at that point?!  :( )

11 minutes ago, whocares said:

Sorry to hear you are not well TMT.  Same message to the other flu sufferers, obviously, but those who are not living alone are clearly better off having no-one to fuss over them and feed them?! (And get help.)

If you fear the end is getting near (one day) and you are not quite ready to meet the grim reaper,  immediately post your full address on here, and then the nearest DOSBODSer can either come round in person or else phone for help ... and try to make sure help arrives in time! (Sod keeping your anonymity at that point?!  :( )

DOSBODS First Responders. Ensuring a grumpy, reactionary middle aged man will be with you to discuss the lunacy of modern life within at least three days of your call. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I was planning on the grumpy and reactionary. :)

glad that you are beginning to get better tm. 

I'm getting worse. I am holding on to my fetishes to see me through. My head feels like a vice and whilst I am not sure what the fate of the Universe is it appers to want my body to create as much yellow gunk as possible. Plus my body aches as if a leather-clad Dominatrix has run over it with a steam-roller.

For some reason I am torturing myelf further by reading POF profiles of ladies within 75 miles of myself.

I can excuse many things but the boring I cannot. There are some incredibly dull, as in boring, people out there. No spark. Nothing. Thank goodness Christmas is over and I can soon be back to flirting in the crusty roll sections of supermarkets.

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I'm getting worse. I am holding on to my fetishes to see me through. My head feels like a vice and whilst I am not sure what the fate of the Universe is it appers to want my body to create as much yellow gunk as possible. Plus my body aches as if a leather-clad Dominatrix has run over it with a steam-roller.

o.O story tm, thought you were picking up.  May I suggest doing something with socks, baths and very hot curries. xD

wishing you better 

6 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

DOSBODS First Responders. Ensuring a grumpy, reactionary middle aged man will be with you to discuss the lunacy of modern life within at least three days of your call. 

We grumpy middle age women are equally up to the task.

Hope all the flu sufferers are ok, well as ok as you can be with an Australian virus rampaging through them. 

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

For some reason I am torturing myelf further by reading POF profiles of ladies within 75 miles of myself.

I can excuse many things but the boring I cannot. There are some incredibly dull, as in boring, people out there. No spark. Nothing. Thank goodness Christmas is over and I can soon be back to flirting in the crusty roll sections of supermarkets.

'I like clubbin, shopping, nights in on the sofa with a glass of red an a box set. my 3 kids r my life an always come first. i am looking 4 sumone 2 tret me like a Princess. I am done with Players so now looking for Mr Right. 

8 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

'I like clubbin, shopping, nights in on the sofa with a glass of red an a box set. my 3 kids r my life an always come first. i am looking 4 sumone 2 tret me like a Princess. I am done with Players so now looking for Mr Right. 

You sound like a perfect catch.  What are you doing a week on Friday?  

xDo.O

19 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

What are you doing when I recover from death's door?

Just saw one - 52 years old, no kids, wants kids.

I haven't been on these sites for quite a while but it is very evident now that they are swamped by scammers, ladys wanting cash - from all parts of the world it seems.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

What are you doing when I recover from death's door?

Just saw one - 52 years old, no kids, wants kids.

I haven't been on these sites for quite a while but it is very evident now that they are swamped by scammers, ladys wanting cash - from all parts of the world it seems.

We should probably take this over to the other thread, but my take on post-menopausal women who state they 'want kids' I take to usually mean that they are willing to 'tekk on' the kids of her Mr Right if he has them. 

Or they could just be the ultimate Deluded Old SCrapper Birds!

I've hit the delirious stage now.

I just poured some boiling water into a cup of lemon juice and I saw a wood louse swimming around in it. OMG - I am boiling a wood louse alive. Although it seemed happy enough swimming around in there.

Frantically I search for something to scoop it out - clearly the obvious spoon is the furtherest from my thoughts - and I eventually use my fingers to scoop out a nice big... seed from a gluten free loaf..

I turned on BBC Fivelive this morning for the first time in about 5 or 6 months - wanted to hear some business stuff about retail sales, so I have an excuse.

Anyhow, they were talking about the NHS crisis and why there are apparently no free beds in the NHS in the UK. Just stop and think about that -all the billions we spend on the NHS and there are no free beds currently.

So they were talking to numerous people about why this is, blah, blah, blah completely ignoring, of course, the elephant in the room which is open borders and luvvies wanting millions of migrants to flood into our country. The cognitive dissonance is staggering.

15 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I turned on BBC Fivelive this morning for the first time in about 5 or 6 months - wanted to hear some business stuff about retail sales, so I have an excuse.

Anyhow, they were talking about the NHS crisis and why there are apparently no free beds in the NHS in the UK. Just stop and think about that -all the billions we spend on the NHS and there are no free beds currently.

So they were talking to numerous people about why this is, blah, blah, blah completely ignoring, of course, the elephant in the room which is open borders and luvvies wanting millions of migrants to flood into our country. The cognitive dissonance is staggering.

also said private companies are in charge of referrals to hospital overriding what the doctor says, doctor on there said it's been privatised via the back door, marvellous. 

15 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Increasing the population by 10-15% while not building any infrastructure then debating why hospitals are crowded (and indeed everything else, not just the NHS) without mentioning this is too stupid to be anything but deliberate.