• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Another attractive female medic escapes prison

Prosecutor Joseph O'Connor said: 'Police attended a minor road traffic collision and met the defendant who was clearly intoxicated. 

'She was swearing and slurring her words and they could smell intoxicants on her breath.

'When they tried to speak to her they had trouble understanding what she was saying, she was incoherent and the officers assumed she was drunk. 

'As she was arrested she admitted that she had drunk two bottles of wine and was taken to the police station. 

'She was described as acting very emotionally and she failed to provide a specimen of breath because she was so upset.'

She was bailed to face court but was held again on December 9 after being caught drinking driving at the Stanneylands boutique hotel in Wilmslow. 

Mr O'Connor added: 'She collided with another car whilst trying to leave the car park of the Stanneylands Hotel. 

'When the police arrived they tried to speak to her, but they noticed a smell of intoxicants on her breath and she was slurring her words.

'She was taken to the police station and gave two samples of breath. In interview she made admissions and told then she had drunk half a bottle of vodka before deciding to go to the gym. 

'She accepts she shouldn't have driven. The second offence was committed whilst she was on bail, which is an aggravating factor. She was inebriated during the accident.'

Tests showed Fowler had 112 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35mg. 

If that was pretty much anybody else they'd have the book thrown at them and be in jail by now; the second offence whilst on bail is particularly damning.

But no, she has the attractive female medic Get out of Jail Free card.

47F943E800000578-0-image-m-19_1515572926

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5253629/Doctor-escapes-prison-drink-driving-twice.html

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If that was pretty much anybody else they'd have the book thrown at them and be in jail by now; the second offence whilst on bail is particularly damning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5253629/Doctor-escapes-prison-drink-driving-twice.html

On the other hand it doesn’t appear that anyone else was actually harmed by her actions. Does seem likely she got soft treatment though.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Medical doctor = answers to the name god.  All you need to know...

did she lose her license?  I can't find that salient point in all the rubbish about how wonderful and gifted she is

Does the Mail actually proofread any of their articles? Spelling errors and just general crapness abounds.

On the subject itself, needless to say if it were my fugly, hairy arse caught pissed as a fart behind the wheel - twice, I'd expect to do time for that.

I certainly wouldn't be keeping my job.

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

On the other hand it doesn’t appear that anyone else was actually harmed by her actions. Does seem likely she got soft treatment though.

Not physically maybe but in both cases she crashed into another car so there's going to be shock if nothing else.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Medical doctor = answers to the name god.  All you need to know...

did she lose her license?  I can't find that salient point in all the rubbish about how wonderful and gifted she is

Here's the sentence:

Fowler was sentenced to eight weeks jail suspended for a year, ordered to complete 40 hours unpaid work and was banned from driving for three years.

I checked what Kris Marshall got for sleeping in his car in a supermarket car park whilst drunk and it was a six month ban for being drunk in a stationary car with the engine off. The ban is longer but her sentence is disproprortionately light.  I do wonder why they even bother with suspended sentences as everyone thinks that they are entirely meaningless.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-15675623

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Does the Mail actually proofread any of their articles? Spelling errors and just general crapness abounds.

On the subject itself, needless to say if it were my fugly, hairy arse caught pissed as a fart behind the wheel - twice, I'd expect to do time for that.

I certainly wouldn't be keeping my job.

I don't think any of us would escape prison.  Possibly I'd keep my job but it's all hypothetical.

I had a mate get caught twice drink driving in a short space of time. The second court case actually occurred before the first. Now this was maybe 25 years ago. He got a 3 year ban and a big fine, but no prison sentence - suspended or otherwise.

5 minutes ago, NewryH said:

I had a mate get caught twice drink driving in a short space of time. The second court case actually occurred before the first. Now this was maybe 25 years ago. He got a 3 year ban and a big fine, but no prison sentence - suspended or otherwise.

Fair point but 25 years ago is well before the latter day hysteria about it.

A 3 year ban, 40 hours community service and a suspended sentence seems fair enough to me, if I'm honest. Maybe I'm biased, but if she's genuinely teetotal now and seeing an addiction counsellor once a week then the only point in banging her up would be to try and deter others- and I'm extremely sceptical about the supposed deterrent effect of prison.

1 minute ago, Rave said:

A 3 year ban, 40 hours community service and a suspended sentence seems fair enough to me, if I'm honest. Maybe I'm biased, but if she's genuinely teetotal now and seeing an addiction counsellor once a week then the only point in banging her up would be to try and deter others- and I'm extremely sceptical about the supposed deterrent effect of prison.

That there is no point in banging certain people up is a wider point; I agree that sending her to prison would be a bit pointless but Joe or Josephine Average who did the same would have been locked up.  To take one example: when a single mother is locked up for not sending her children to school, which is rare but does happen, then you have shifted her from someone who is barely coping as a parent to someone who isn't there at all.  I don't see the point and don't see a deterrent effect.  There are many other crimes for which you can say similar.

My view of prison is twofold: it is a punishment inflicted upon the criminal by society as whole, so satisfies a societal need for revenge that would otherwise be met by vigilanteism, and it takes a criminal out of society for a time which stops their committing further crimes.

The deterrent effect is marginal.  A typical London thug may switch from carrying a knife to carrying a pot of acid because the penalty is lower but they will still carry a dangerous weapon of some sort.

3 hours ago, NewryH said:

Same here. A relative got caught for the second (or third) time and got a long ban but no jail. We're going back to the late 80s mind so may be different now.

I'm not condoning drink driving mind. People do need serious fucking bans for doing it. I'd like to see 1 to 3 year bans for first offence and a fuck-off big fine (like 1/2 annual salary). Second offence 5-10 years and a year's salary.

Basically fucking ruinous bans/fines so that you'd be a fucking mentalist to try it.

I have a relative who lost 2 siblings to drink drivers (in separate incidents) so maybe I'm a bit partisan.

I've driven whilst over the limit when younger and frankly needed a fucking good kicking for doing so. No excuses. I was lucky and got away with it - by that I mean I didn't harm anyone.

People have just got to get it into their heads that drinking and driving don't mix.

43 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Same here. A relative got caught for the second (or third) time and got a long ban but no jail. We're going back to the late 80s mind so may be different now.

I'm not condoning drink driving mind. People do need serious fucking bans for doing it. I'd like to see 1 to 3 year bans for first offence and a fuck-off big fine (like 1/2 annual salary). Second offence 5-10 years and a year's salary.

Basically fucking ruinous bans/fines so that you'd be a fucking mentalist to try it.

I have a relative who lost 2 siblings to drink drivers (in separate incidents) so maybe I'm a bit partisan.

I've driven whilst over the limit when younger and frankly needed a fucking good kicking for doing so. No excuses. I was lucky and got away with it - by that I mean I didn't harm anyone.

People have just got to get it into their heads that drinking and driving don't mix.

Being pissed and driving as in the OP is disgraceful because of the risk to other people.

However there are now attempts to bring "drink driving" down to a pint which is very different to being pissed. I am absolutely fine driving after two pints of medium strength beer, the current limit, and if the limit was dropped then I would be classified as a "drunk driver" on a par with the half bottle of vodka medic.

Now if there were massive amounts of evidence showing that there was huge carnage on our roads caused by drivers who had drunk between one and two pints then I would concede the argument and stick to one pint on that basis that even if I'm fine other people aren't.

There isn't any such evidence.  There is merely an anti-alcohol lobby.

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Was she mumbling about some bloke called Stan (who never called her back) at the second incident?