• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

Mankind is Doomed!

This week I’m at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las  Vegas which, much as I like gadgets and technology, is pretty much my idea of hell - hoardes of the great unwashed, incessant beeping, bright lights etc. Anyway, I have one observation to share which is that the human race is 100% guaranteed doomed. One of the following is going to happen:

AI packed drones are going to figure out how to charge themselves without our intervention then they they’re going to come for us to make sure we don’t pull the plug. Seriously, some of stuff on display here is genuinely scary.

We’re going to literally drown in an avalanche of pointless crap. I have never seen even 1% of what I’m seeing here in one place before.

31 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

This week I’m at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las  Vegas which, much as I like gadgets and technology, is pretty much my idea of hell - hoardes of the great unwashed, incessant beeping, bright lights etc. Anyway, I have one observation to share which is that the human race is 100% guaranteed doomed. One of the following is going to happen:

AI packed drones are going to figure out how to charge themselves without our intervention then they they’re going to come for us to make sure we don’t pull the plug. Seriously, some of stuff on display here is genuinely scary.

We’re going to literally drown in an avalanche of pointless crap. I have never seen even 1% of what I’m seeing here in one place before.

Somebody needs to teach these robots about sex. As soon as they develop the ability to be uncontrollably horny, all this logic bollocks will go straight out the window and humans will be able to compete as a species again.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Did you see the pole dancing robot ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/5305422/pole-dancing-strippers-robots-consumer-electronics-show-las-vegas/

Robot phwoars as the Sun chose to describe it .

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Look at this baby!

B7A267AE-A9E8-4AF0-98D1-12A28244794A.jpeg

Sometimes things can look radically different and new when in actual fact they aren't in many ways, just repackaged in a different way.

jcb3cxeco.JPG

5 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Sometimes things can look radically different and new when in actual fact they aren't in many ways, just repackaged in a different way.

jcb3cxeco.JPG

Almost identical function but far more complicated and prone to failure - progress and profit.

33 minutes ago, ste said:

Let us know what the most pointless "smart" item aimed at consumers you see there. 

A belligerent robot is quite funny.

I liked this comment - Cloi is a feminist robot.......you start asking her things like washing the laundry and cooking dinner like a patriarch, she just gonna ignore you.

Edited by onlyme