• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

It's madness. 

trans clinic.

the surgeon has just said female noses ALL turn up at the end a bit.

private hospital, chopping about privates and noses.

i want to train as a councelor

Edited by sarahbell

another  person had her boobs done, but wasn't happy, amd feels she won't be happy until she has her vag made.

another an ex marine decided he wanted to be female shortly after getting married.

how much mental assessment gets done?

1 minute ago, Economic Exile said:

I’d be a crap counsellor for the majority of clients turning up twining about their upturned nose, boobs wrong, feel I should be male/female etc.

My view would be oh FFS, get in the real world..it’s harsh. Back to basics, think more about how you’re going to pay your rent, food and heating rather than your nose, boobs or what you want to be.

Too much pandering to crap, IMO, from counselling. I’d have respect for counsellors if they were hard hitting and told it how it was I.e. ....repeat it’s a harsh world. Rent, food and heat....when you’ve sorted that you are in a position to address what idiosyncratic stuff you want from life!

oh I would be encouraging them to like themselves before thy are allowed to change any bit if themselves. it's mutilation pure and simple.

Dany the marine has split with his wife Sue and has turned up for his facial reconstruction surgery.

he needs to be massively analyised. he now wants tons of surgery doing on his face.

6 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I’d be a crap counsellor for the majority of clients turning up twining about their upturned nose, boobs wrong, feel I should be male/female etc.

My view would be oh FFS, get in the real world..it’s harsh. Back to basics, think more about how you’re going to pay your rent, food and heating rather than your nose, boobs or what you want to be.

Too much pandering to crap, IMO, from counselling. I’d have respect for counsellors if they were hard hitting and told it how it was I.e. ....repeat it’s a harsh world. Rent, food and heat....when you’ve sorted that you are in a position to address what idiosyncratic stuff you want from life!

I do wonder how much of this mucking about would be resolved with advice along the lines of:

If you can't be what you want to be, want to be what you already are.   [apologies to Stills]

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

oh I would be encouraging them to like themselves before thy are allowed to change any bit if themselves. it's mutilation pure and simple.

Dany the marine has split with his wife Sue and has turned up for his facial reconstruction surgery.

he needs to be massively analyised. he now wants tons of surgery doing on his face.

Oh good luck with wanting to try to encourage or motivate anyone else to change. It’s a minefield!

These days I focus on monitoring myself and motivating myself to accept reality, change and adapt to it. It’s achievable!

9 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Oh good luck with wanting to try to encourage or motivate anyone else to change. It’s a minefield!

These days I focus on monitoring myself and motivating myself to accept reality, change and adapt to it. It’s achievable!

Once upon a time stoicism was trendy.

I'm not sure what is in vogue nowadays -- looks like hedonism underpinned by some sort of dreamy esoterisism.  IMO that is bad, because it offloads responsibility for your life to some sort of 'life-energy'.  So you sit there waiting for fate to deal you a good hand, rather than going out and trying to sort out your life for yourself.

15 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

I bet you don't get too many people in the third world suddenly deciding that they're the wrong gender. This is a first world malaise. People don't have real problems to worry about so they have to invent them. 

Of course you do!

They get "persecuted" for it and are therefore granted asylum. 

Doesn't anyone ever think about the other animals cats, dogs and all the rest - some of them might want transgendering as well.

21 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Let them get on with it but I don't see why I should have any involvement at all in paying for it all.

Ultimately it's the pharmas that benefit financially so they should pay for the bulk of the experimentation on people.

Edited by twocents

What massively pisses me off about this whole trans thing is the pressure on kids to take puberty blockers etc if they express that they think they may be in the wrong body. Some of the parents wear this as a badge of honour - oh look at me I have a trans kid like its the latest fashion accessory.

I haven't watched this, nor am I likely to. I daresay that if they'd concentrated on a load of intelligent, coherent and (aside from the obvious) perfectly well adjusted trans people it wouldn't have made for a particularly interesting program, though.

My main issue with this thread is the idea, as expressed by a few here, that these people just need to have a word with themselves and pull themselves together. Does it not occur to you that if it was as easy as that, they probably wouldn't be going for irreversible and grossly invasive surgery and hormone treatments?

I don't suffer from gender dysphoria, and so I have absolutely no idea what it feels like. I can try to imagine, but I'm not conceited enough to think that that gives me any insight into it. Unlike some of you, apparently 9_9 .

1 hour ago, Economic Exile said:

Out of reps again!

Have you come across Jordan Peterson, psychology professor at Toronto University?

https://jordanbpeterson.com/

You may enjoy his opinions :)

15 minutes ago, Rave said:

I haven't watched this, nor am I likely to. I daresay that if they'd concentrated on a load of intelligent, coherent and (aside from the obvious) perfectly well adjusted trans people it wouldn't have made for a particularly interesting program, though.

My main issue with this thread is the idea, as expressed by a few here, that these people just need to have a word with themselves and pull themselves together. Does it not occur to you that if it was as easy as that, they probably wouldn't be going for irreversible and grossly invasive surgery and hormone treatments?

I don't suffer from gender dysphoria, and so I have absolutely no idea what it feels like. I can try to imagine, but I'm not conceited enough to think that that gives me any insight into it. Unlike some of you, apparently 9_9 .

Trans stuff. It’s a first world problem! Rent, food, heat. Back to basics. Cover that then you can whinge IMO. I’m harsh but then life is too if you’re realistic!

4 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Trans stuff. It’s a first world problem! Rent, food, heat. Back to basics. Cover that then you can whinge IMO. I’m harsh but then life is too if you’re realistic!

Are you saying that nobody in the third world suffers from gender dysphoria?

If you are, do you have any evidence to back up that assertion?

5 hours ago, Rave said:

I'm sure they do. 

However they said on the programme the number of people requesting surgery in the UK has more than doubled in just FIVE years.

That's one hell of a jump. 

6 hours ago, Rave said:

you can put lipstick on a pig but its always going to be a pig,no offence meant to any pigs who have gender dysporia intended

Remove trans operations  from the NHS; make them totally private.

Let the person wanting to be a woman, a panda, a sloth, pay for the treatment.

After all - saving and preparing for the sex change change is all part of transitioning.

Poof - 99% will go.

The problem is that this is another part of the NHS that needs to sorting - making up illness procesdures to keep a range of Drs, pysches etc in ungainful employment.

7 hours ago, Rave said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Maybe if they do they are happy just wearing a dress and mincing around and taking it up the arse.

However they probably have a lot of other, more pressing thigns to wroyy about - eating, not getting killed etc.

Theres a quote for a pyshc - 'When a war happens, most of my patients stop coming'

i.e. a lot of supposed mental issues are nothing more than people dwelling on pointless whims.

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

One has transitioned where I  work, late 20s. He as now become a she and is now a 6 out of 10, if I was drunk and didn't know she would be an 8 out of 10.

Fortunately the one at mine struggles to rise above 0 out of 10.  There is no way anyone would ever mistake them for a woman and anyone who doesn't know them would probably assume that they were either on a stag do or on their way to an amateur dramatics rehearsal.

Trans people are still a significant minority of people so if rates have doubled over the last 5 years we're still talking a fraction of the populous. 

I can't say for sure if body/gender dysmorphia is a product of the system that has treated the public like children for the last 20 years or if it's the catalyst for said system. 

Either way, I've still got sympathy for someone who feels like chopping their bits off is the only way they're going to be happy. 

Hate the game not the player.