• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

trans madness

23 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

A psychologist friend of mine says that the research shows that those who undergo gender realignment surgery, on average, don't end up any happier than before.

She

nintchdbpict000288437324.jpg?w=785

Who was he

nintchdbpict000288434536.jpg?w=572

Has been found dead unexpectedly. Sounds like suicide.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5324045/big-brother-rebekah-shelton-dead-32/

23 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

A psychologist friend of mine says that the research shows that those who undergo gender realignment surgery, on average, don't end up any happier than before.

So there's no mental health case for it then; add that to the lack of any medical case (bar for genuine intersex) and a fortune in taxes is being spent on something that does bring any improvement in mental health.

Even more minority are those people who becoem fixated on amputees and desperately want to be one themselves with some undergoing surgery to achieve this.  In their cases, mad as it is, they are genuinely happier to have achieved their goal so there is a case for funding this which does not exists for trans.

27 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I think that there are lots of factors whilst that is the case though.

Yes, no doubt, a big part of it is due to individuals having deeper rooted mental health issues such as depression or something else stemming perhaps from childhood.

Then you have the issue of many dreaming of becoming a petite curvy blonde but still being the 6 foot 2 inch bloke with size 13 feet who has trouble finding high heels that fit, (Hang on, this sounds like me! :o ), so they simply do not look the part. Or there are post-surgical problems which, if you look into them, are pretty gruesome and which can then exist with you 24/7 for the rest of your life. Another one is an inability to orgasm or an inability to be penatrated sexually so there goes your sex life.

Ditto the FTM trans people who, despite the hormones often turning petite women into sometimes quite aggressive very muscular body-builder types, still never have anything close to a functioning penis so that major focal point of becoming male - being able to penatrate - is not there.

There are plenty of FMT trans people who are incredbly happy - you can see them posting videos on youtube - but all have been on a very difficult road from A to Z and, perhaps most of all, they appear to have been lucky in several areas in order to be able to be happy in their new role- i.e. in how they look, in the success of their surgery and how they are accepted.

33 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

She

nintchdbpict000288437324.jpg?w=785

Who was he

nintchdbpict000288434536.jpg?w=572

Has been found dead unexpectedly. Sounds like suicide.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5324045/big-brother-rebekah-shelton-dead-32/

Seems to be a fairly common result For quite a lot of conditions 

The I’d be happy if I could just 

have a sex change / lose weight / not be ginger etc etc brigade don’t seem to happy when they achieve their goal 

35 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Seems to be a fairly common result For quite a lot of conditions 

The I’d be happy if I could just 

have a sex change / lose weight / not be ginger etc etc brigade don’t seem to happy when they achieve their goal 

Or win the lottery.

What you have to do is a thought experiment of what it will mean and will your life genuinely be better; for anything there are plenty of downsides.

I don't think people do this.  There are particular things that they don't like about themselves that they associate with being the sex they currently are and so think that "fixing" those by changing sex then makes everything wonderful.  But you will lose more than you gain and then there the ongoing hormone pills to distort your body chemistry.

As an example the appearance of the trans bloke at work is so offputting that it prevents normal chit chat.  I certainly talk to him a lot less than I did, not because I disapprove but because it's so weird talking to him.  Just like it would be weird talking to somebody at work wearing a full batman costume all the time.

So one of the upsides he was looking for (I guess) was to be more popular socially as he perceived that to be the case for women and that's backfired.

Anyone who has lived with one of the "If only I had X then I'd be happy" types will know that getting X merely leads to the establishment of "If only I had Y then I'd be happy". Scale this up a bit and bingo, James thinks he should be Jenny but once it's done finds he/she's still unhappy as Jenny and tops herself.

The ridiculous but common belief that it is possible for a normal human to be happy all of the time is the problem IMO. 

7 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Hs been found dead unexpectedly. Sounds like suicide.

Oh no (s)he's not.  It's was just more attention seeking from a mentally ill narcissist a hacked twitter account.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/42667304/big-brother-star-rebekah-shelton-not-dead-after-hack

21 hours ago, Rave said:

Are you saying that nobody in the third world suffers from gender dysphoria?

If you are, do you have any evidence to back up that assertion?

No.

Also I have no evidence.

All I’m saying is that the majority of people in third world countries are simply trying to survive so they have no prospect of indulging in thoughts/urges/genetic compulsion of wanting to be other than what they were born as.

In comparison people who have never worked much or contributed in the UK are accessing social media and health service provision plus benefits to explore life situations.

The only people, IMO, that should access health service provision are those born intersex. Anyone else, IMO, should pay for exploring gender issues. Biologically there are only two sexes....male or female apart from those who are born intersex.

My stance is that bisexual, trans, gender uncertainty etc is a cultural creation in western society! So yes, a first world problem.

4 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Yes, there is a lot of real vile nastiness in sections of the militant LGBTQ community.

If you yoyo then you need some serious therapy. 
Perhaps people who have spent a lot of years unhappy thinking it all through are more sorted sometimes than the instant decision makers. 

2 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

the So-Called BBC appears to have gone full circle. I'm sure I saw a story on their website headed "What is heterosexuality?"

Wow that's a new concept.  Fascinating.

On 12/01/2018 at 18:57, Napoleon Dynamite said:

Oh no (s)he's not.  It's was just more attention seeking from a mentally ill narcissist a hacked twitter account.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/42667304/big-brother-star-rebekah-shelton-not-dead-after-hack

she admits to attempting suicide in 2015, so there's clearly something going on re. her 'happiness'.

That reminds me of that joke.  How does it go...?

When Charles deGaulle decided to retire from public life, the American ambassador and his wife threw a gala dinner party in his honor. At the dinner table the Ambassador’s wife was talking with Madame de Gaulle.

“Your husband has been such a prominent public figure, such a presence on the French and International scene for so many years! How quiet retirement will seem in comparison. What are you most looking forward to in these retirement years?”

“A penis,” replied Madame de Gaulle.

A huge hush fell over the table. Everyone heard her answer . . . and
no one knew what to say next.

Finally, Le Grand Charles leaned over to his wife and said, “Ma cherie, I believe zee Americans pronounce zat word ‘appiness.'”

Anyway, the guy had 'appiness', and he cut it off.

1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

I'll have a go at answering that.  I don't really believe a word they say in the video in the article.  They present a lot of historical stuff as fact and don't provide any evidence to support it. 

At a guess I think it's to subvert traditional ways of thinking regarding sex - in itself I don't think that's an entirely bad thing as I think more thought and more holistic thought into the subject is useful and even healthy.  Some might say that in the past sex has been used as yet another way of TPTB projecting control and manipulating the people.

I think under normal circumstances hetero sex is most likely the main sexual motivation for the human species and no doubt along with a fair degree of variation as outliers -  although I believe that some experiments have shown that under some circumstances such as extreme stress and extreme overcrowding ( like the UK now) animals will increasingly adopt non-hetero ways of expressing their sexuality.

I expect authorities who are subjecting people to high levels of stress and overcrowding and predicted to get worse in the future might have a reason to persuade people that non-hetero sex might be the norm.

Edited by twocents

43 minutes ago, twocents said:

I'lll have a go at answering that.  I don't really believe a word they say in the video in the article.  They present a lot of historical stuff as fact and don't provide any evidence to support it. 

At a guess I think it's to subvert traditional ways of thinking regarding sex - in itself I don't think that's an entirely bad thing as I think more thought and more holistic thought into the subject is useful and even healthy.  Some might say that in the past sex has been used as yet another way of TPTB projecting control and manipulating the people.

I think under normal circumstances hetero sex is most likely the main sexual motivation for the human species and no doubt along with a fair degree of variation as outliers -  although I believe that some experiments have shown that under some circumstances such as extreme stress and extreme overcrowding ( like the UK now) animals will increasingly adopt non-hetero ways of expressing their sexuality.

I expect authorities who are subjecting people to high levels of stress and overcrowding and predicted to get worse in the future might have a reason to persuade people that non-hetero sex might be the norm.

Shades of Calboun's mouse universe experiments. 

'Many [female rats] were unable to carry pregnancy to full term or to survive delivery of their litters if they did. An even greater number, after successfully giving birth, fell short in their maternal functions. Among the males the behavior disturbances ranged from sexual deviation to cannibalism and from frenetic overactivity to a pathological withdrawal from which individuals would emerge to eat, drink and move about only when other members of the community were asleep'

42 minutes ago, twocents said:

I'lll have a go at answering that.  I don't really believe a word they say in the video in the article.  They present a lot of historical stuff as fact and don't provide any evidence to support it. 

That's not it! xD

They are using the definition of the word "heterosexual" and that it has only recently been used to refer to "normal" sex as proof "normal sex" has just been invented.

It's a blatant lie based on semantics and pedantry, not the fact that penis have been entering vaginas from the dawn of humanity.

10 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Shades of Calboun's mouse universe experiments. 

That is so scarily true. The parallels with human population growth seem to indicate that it is happening to us. 

And yet our politicians insist that we should become more and more densely populated.