• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

trans madness

Also, it's really shitty to marry someone who you know wants kids and not tell them you can't have them. He could have easily told his husband that he'd had a hysterectomy so can't have children if he didn't want to be honest.

On 11/01/2018 at 23:05, Dipsy said:

What massively pisses me off about this whole trans thing is the pressure on kids to take puberty blockers etc if they express that they think they may be in the wrong body. Some of the parents wear this as a badge of honour - oh look at me I have a trans kid like its the latest fashion accessory.

It' fucking criminal

Trans people have the highest rate of suicide of any group higher even than that of high functioning autistics.

The science behind pushing the trans agenda is hokum.

Lots of teens have identity issues with high functioning autistics particularly struggling with identity.

I firmly believe the correlation of high suicide rates in trans and high functioning autistic communities are related.

I recall a previous thread about this where I learned that gender dysphoria is a Real Thing. It seems to be something that we have come to understand relatively recently.

Indeed, up until not so very long ago, a fair number of people were convinced that the only reason people were gay was through choice because it simply had to be so.

The reason I mention that and compare the two is not because I think they're in any way similar. If anything they're totally mutually exclusive. However:

When I was at school back in the 1980s, nobody came out as gay. It wasn't the Done Thing. This has changed since.

There appears to be a bit of a campaign at the moment for parents and schools to "support" transgender children. And it would be easy to suppose I'd be all for that. Who wouldn't approve of supporting young children to develop themselves? Isn't it the same thing?

I suggest not, and for one very specific reason.

Being gay is something you can choose to "wear on the inside" if you want to. Indeed kids hit puberty rather late in their school days. I shall clarify that this isn't the "You'll grow out of it" argument. You don't "grow into" or "grow out of" being gay and I don't suppose you grow out of gender dysphoria either.

Being transgender is not something you can wear on the inside. And if we were talking about adults in the workplace, it's different. They're adults. These are children.

Children do not have empathy. Not really. It's a life skill which comes later on. Hence the way that children form gangs, pick on others, and so on. All "part of growing up".

The "pioneers" of this, those first children, would be extremely brave. And maybe in thirty years, it will be "normalised". Except that it won't. In the same way that while most people vaguely know someone who is gay through some connection, yet gay people are still a tiny, tiny minority - this is an even smaller one. You can go your entire life and only ever meet maybe 2 or 3 transgender people. Maybe, none. You'll never know how many gay people you've met, of course.

My concern is that transgender children at school are going to be mercilessly bullied and the damage done to the individual - and that's who this is all about and for - could be utterly catastrophic at a time when the individual is least emotionally able to cope with it. They could end up actually despising themselves and creating greater turmoil. And I wonder if this aspect has been properly considered by the SJW "humans are perfect creatures, or at least capable of being so if disciplined effectively enough, fuck 'em" attitude.

The opinions that matter would of course be those of the children, their parents and their teachers. I wonder to what extent those concerns would be shared.

5 hours ago, DTMark said:

I recall a previous thread about this where I learned that gender dysphoria is a Real Thing. It seems to be something that we have come to understand relatively recently.

Indeed, up until not so very long ago, a fair number of people were convinced that the only reason people were gay was through choice because it simply had to be so.

The reason I mention that and compare the two is not because I think they're in any way similar. If anything they're totally mutually exclusive. However:

When I was at school back in the 1980s, nobody came out as gay. It wasn't the Done Thing. This has changed since.

There appears to be a bit of a campaign at the moment for parents and schools to "support" transgender children. And it would be easy to suppose I'd be all for that. Who wouldn't approve of supporting young children to develop themselves? Isn't it the same thing?

Being gay is something you can choose to "wear on the inside" if you want to. Indeed kids hit puberty rather late in their school days. I shall clarify that this isn't the "You'll grow out of it" argument. You don't "grow into" or "grow out of" being gay and I don't suppose you grow out of gender dysphoria either.

Being transgender is not something you can wear on the inside. And if we were talking about adults in the workplace, it's different. They're adults. These are children.

Children do not have empathy. Not really. It's a life skill which comes later on. Hence the way that children form gangs, pick on others, and so on. All "part of growing up".

The "pioneers" of this, those first children, would be extremely brave. And maybe in thirty years, it will be "normalised". Except that it won't. In the same way that while most people vaguely know someone who is gay through some connection, yet gay people are still a tiny, tiny minority - this is an even smaller one. You can go your entire life and only ever meet maybe 2 or 3 transgender people. Maybe, none. You'll never know how many gay people you've met, of course.

My concern is that transgender children at school are going to be mercilessly bullied and the damage done to the individual - and that's who this is all about and for - could be utterly catastrophic at a time when the individual is least emotionally able to cope with it. They could end up actually despising themselves and creating greater turmoil. And I wonder if this aspect has been properly considered by the SJW "humans are perfect creatures, or at least capable of being so if disciplined effectively enough, fuck 'em" attitude.

The opinions that matter would of course be those of the children, their parents and their teachers. I wonder to what extent those concerns would be shared.

Actually, about 90% of trans kids do grow out of it as long as there hasn't been any medical intervention. 

On 12/01/2018 at 11:06, The Masked Tulip said:

She

nintchdbpict000288437324.jpg?w=785

Who was he

nintchdbpict000288434536.jpg?w=572

Has been found dead unexpectedly. Sounds like suicide.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5324045/big-brother-rebekah-shelton-dead-32/

That just smacks of someone who's gone down an irreversable route purely for attention seeking purposes.

Being on Big Brother is a good hint but the fact that for them, being transgender means turning into some huge, fake-titted glamour model rather than...well, just a regular woman, screams 'look at me! IMO.

Eta- She's not dead, just desperate for your attention.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

Prof Jordan Peterson was on C4 news the other day (in that interview where he slaughtered the SJW female interviewer over the 'pay gap'). 

He made the excellent point that many trans people are fed up with being used as the latest pet cause of the progressive left. Most of them just want to be left alone and to 'pass' as whatever sex they have chosen to be.  

I was very impressed someone was able to make that point on mainstream TV broadcasting. 

3 hours ago, This Time said:

Actually, about 90% of trans kids do grow out of it as long as there hasn't been any medical intervention. 

I need to better understand the difference between a "phase" where for a time, growing up, a child feels that they would be more comfortable presenting themselves as the opposite gender - and gender dysphoria, which is the "real" underlying medical condition.

You might well grow out of the former, but I am not convinced that you grow out of the latter.

This then suggests that it is possibly to accurately medically diagnose the difference between those two things.

Which might be where there's a bit of a problem. We diagnose conditions like bipolar disorder largely by interview and observation. We don't have a machine you can sit in which scans the brain and comes back with "Bipolar type B" or "gender dysphoria". As far as I know.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:06, The Masked Tulip said:

Who was he

nintchdbpict000288434536.jpg?w=572

A-ha!

Is he deliberately trying to look like Alan Partridge or is it merely an unfortunate coincidence, one wonders.

36 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Prof Jordan Peterson was on C4 news the other day (in that interview where he slaughtered the SJW female interviewer over the 'pay gap'). 

He made the excellent point that many trans people are fed up with being used as the latest pet cause of the progressive left. Most of them just want to be left alone and to 'pass' as whatever sex they have chosen to be.  

I was very impressed someone was able to make that point on mainstream TV broadcasting. 

I watched another of his videos, this one on a US TV show with a debate about gender pronouns. A hot topic in the US.

I would have posted it here but it's long and not so much fun as the other one.

The main highlights:

- When he went to speak at university, he was heckled by what we'd typically call "leftist activists". He makes this point again to the rest of the panel. Those doing the abusing are those incapable of debate, and are doing so with no attempt to engage whatsoever..
- .. one of whom assaulted someone else in the crowd (or possibly Peterson himself, the video isn't clear) witnessed by plenty including one trans girl who proudly claimed "I saw nothing".
- The panel included a transgender boy (to girl) who stated quite bluntly that she agreed with the Prof. - the key point being that there simply are not and will never be enough trans people around for the new gender pronouns to be learned and used properly, it's not like "organic language development over time" and that This Was and Is a Bad Idea. (This backs up your point quoted above)
- That having government diktats about how you will address people, backed by the force of law, runs completely contrary to free speech. Indeed he was asked not to speak about certain subjects at university because said university might be jointly and legally culpable.
- In the opposite corner a professor of something else who taught a class in transgender studies and who stated that there is no such thing as biological gender, and that the Prof is an abuser.

The Prof came across as surprisingly angry and the one from the latter point as a fruitcake.

It's 18 minutes long. The above is the abridged summary. The American presenter is impressive compared with most of ours.

12 hours ago, DTMark said:

I'm hetrosexual and have never harboured any thoughts of being homosexual so I really cannot emphasise at all with any other form of sexuality. However I like to think I can disregard someone's sexuality and try to see them as the individual they are. Generally someone's sexuality is a private matter and none of any one else's business.

I do not approve of the present emphasis on sexuality that is being promoted by television and film, it seems to me that the media are actively encouraging it, making it fashionable, if you like, to be gay or transphobic. I can only think its because so many in those industries and professions are gay and transphobic themselves and can't stop themselves from foisting their predilections on everyone else.

15 hours ago, Fossildog said:

Here face at the end!

Brilliant from jp. He’s become a bit of a hero of mine.

heres a longer clip from the interview.

i think the liberal harridan knows she’s on the wrong side of history and actually takes a bit of a shine to him. By the end of the clip, she’s wetter than a spastics chin.

20 hours ago, DTMark said:

I have to say that not so long ago it was accepted that being gay (that is inclined towards your own sex) was officially (in the medical sense) regarded as something you could grow up through when very young - and was to some extent even normal within the range of normality.  That's my understanding from then.

It was a part of growing up with some very young people and even considered to be without stigma.  I expect it was to avoid categorising people too early when they were immature - that's one of the reasons that I think official self identification and trans etc at a very young age is very wrong and just pandering to the social engineers and so on.

Edited by twocents

32 minutes ago, twocents said:

I have to say that not so long ago it was accepted that being gay (that is inclined towards your own sex) was officially (in the medical sense) regarded as something you could grow up through when very young - and was to some extent even normal within the range of normality.  That's my understanding from then.

It was a part of growing up with some very young people and even considered to be without stigma.  I expect it was to avoid categorising people too early when they were immature - that's one of the reasons that I think official self identification and trans etc at a very young age is very wrong and just pandering to the social engineers and so on.

Human sexuality is something so imponderable I sometimes wonder why people bother to define it at all.

2 hours ago, twocents said:

It's one thing to foster a supportive environment for those who choose to "come out" (transgender, in this thread example) and another to seek to actively promote it, with the faint and sinister possibility that there's an underlying agenda to rub it in the noses of "transphobic people" for "the greater good" using the individual for political purposes - it's less about supporting the individual and more about making sure they conform to the correct and appropriate "label", so as to weed out the "haters".