• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

ProntaDegree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42579634

'A trawl through the list of Axact UK buyers, seen by the So-Called BBC, reveals various NHS clinical staff, including an ophthalmologist, nurses, a psychologist, and numerous consultants also bought fake degrees.

A consultant at a London teaching hospital bought a degree in internal medicine from the fake Belford University in 2007.

The doctor - who had previously been disciplined by the General Medical Council (GMC) for failing to report a criminal conviction - told the So-Called BBC he had not used the certificates because they "had not been authenticated".

An anaesthetist who bought a degree in "hospital management" said he had not used the qualification in the UK.

And a consultant in paediatric emergency medicine, who bought a "master of science in health care technology", claimed it was an "utter surprise" when the So-Called BBC told him it was fake.

There is no suggestion any of these clinicians do not hold appropriate original medical qualifications.'

Id expect all the people listed to be sacked on the spot.

Any suggestion on the ethnicity of the people involved?

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I would have thought that there was EVERY suggestion that these clinicians do not hold appropriate medical qualifications!

Well, derrrr

Agree. When you are messing around with people's health, I would hope that the qualifications are checked very carefully, along with the competence of the holder. 

I would wager they are not as rigorous as we would expect or like

Danny Mortimer, chief executive of NHS Employers, said all NHS trusts operated rigorous primary checks.

See, I don't believe this.

I'd bet they only do rigorous checks for the 'easy ones' -- the ones with qualifications from the normal UK university system.

People with qualifications from overseas institutions are 'more complex'.  It is much more difficult to check these -- language, for a start, but also time zones -- but most of all no convenient third party checking services. 

And if you try too hard then it is clearly racism, and that would be so very bad. 

Edited by dgul

This has been going on for ages. A Russian girl of my acquaintance bought herself a load of qualifications and a driving license as did her mates. This was about fifteen years ago. 

If you've got the money then it's not a complicated process to obtain them, that lot were not exactly overburdened with brains.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

This has been going on for ages. A Russian girl of my acquaintance bought herself a load of qualifications and a driving license as did her mates. This was about fifteen years ago. 

If you've got the money then it's not a complicated process to obtain them, that lot were not exactly overburdened with brains.

They can't look too hard now because there's so much fraud going it would actually massively impact on UK GDP if all those people got prosecuted.

(or even just lost their jobs)

Edited by dgul

You might be on to something there when you think of all the underemployed lawyers and the output of law graduates. Then more courts could be built with the now redundant Carillion workers. The courts would then need to be staffed and I suppose you could build some more prisons to house those who were found guilty and couldn't pay the fines.

Would do wonders for GDP. 

I have posted before about a British consultant friend of mine who spends far too much of her time as a witness in legal disputes with overseas doctors working in the NHS who do not have the qualifications that they claim to have. Or are not doing the jobs they are supposed to be doing.

Apparently these doctors, when confronted with the truth, usually opt to then fight for compensation using the race card. They drag things out for months or years so that they are kept on some kind of salary for that time and, presumably, still can operate as a doctor here in the UK. I am told that when they eventually are about to get some kind ruling against them that they sod off overseas turning up as a doctor in Oz, Nz or some other place.

31 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have posted before about a British consultant friend of mine who spends far too much of her time as a witness in legal disputes with overseas doctors working in the NHS who do not have the qualifications that they claim to have. Or are not doing the jobs they are supposed to be doing.

Apparently these doctors, when confronted with the truth, usually opt to then fight for compensation using the race card. They drag things out for months or years so that they are kept on some kind of salary for that time and, presumably, still can operate as a doctor here in the UK. I am told that when they eventually are about to get some kind ruling against them that they sod off overseas turning up as a doctor in Oz, Nz or some other place.

Indeed.

the So-Called BBC likes to put an NHS slant on everything - 'Worse crisis ever' 'Stacking em high' etc etc.

Somehow the mange to fail mention that the main activity centres around fake medical qualifications and people from the sub-continent/3rd world.

Maybe recruiting loads of people with made up degrees and skills is a  major cause of the NHS problems?

As far as fake qualifications for military contractors goes. Total BS. Anything of importance/security  is triple checked.

We have two GPs at my local surgery. Their surnames are very similar phonetically. One is English; the other Indian. One is brilliant; the other useless. One got his degree from a British institution; the other from an Indian institution. I get the very strong impression the Indian doctor effectively bought his degree owing, no doubt, to his parents' wealth. As I say he can't have achieved it on merit, being completely fucking useless.

We should be able to train enough of our own people not to have to import fakes from the Indian Sub-continent. As far as I am concerned a medical degree from India is worth about the same as an internet connection. It is pure racism how our establishment gives them parity with British qualifications. And it surprises me not that these fakes buy second or third fake qualifications from their kin on the Sub-continent.

As I have said before, if you import the shit from the third you will start to develop third world problems here, in this case corruption. Time and time again it happens and the establishment sweep it under the carpet.

2 hours ago, billfunk said:

We have two GPs at my local surgery. Their surnames are very similar phonetically. One is English; the other Indian. One is brilliant; the other useless. One got his degree from a British institution; the other from an Indian institution. I get the very strong impression the Indian doctor effectively bought his degree owing, no doubt, to his parents' wealth. As I say he can't have achieved it on merit, being completely fucking useless.

We should be able to train enough of our own people not to have to import fakes from the Indian Sub-continent. As far as I am concerned a medical degree from India is worth about the same as an internet connection. It is pure racism how our establishment gives them parity with British qualifications. And it surprises me not that these fakes buy second or third fake qualifications from their kin on the Sub-continent.

As I have said before, if you import the shit from the third you will start to develop third world problems here, in this case corruption. Time and time again it happens and the establishment sweep it under the carpet.

Well, not really. We risk being tied to a dysfunctional monopoly.

Id be happy with a medical Dr who's qualificed in North America,  Europe inc. East, Oz, NZ, Singapore.

Im less convinced by people outside of those regions.

5 hours ago, One percent said:

They need to stamp this out immediately. It is only state sanctioned universities that can sell qualifications. 

:D

3 hours ago, billfunk said:

what happens when pilots buy their qualifications ?

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/india-may-have-4000-fake-pilots-449891

Cristoforo Colombo,

2 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

what happens when pilots buy their qualifications ?

Its not a problem if they can fly an aircraft.

I recall reading somewhere that Cristoforo Colombo didn't have a university degree.   

17 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I recall reading somewhere that Cristoforo Colombo didn't have a university degree.   

Well, sort of.

The trouble with many of these vocational qualifications is that for the most part the job is actually quite easy.  The qualifications pay for the competency / training with what to do in an emergency.  This might only happen a few times in a career (or never), but when it does happen if the person can't cope then there's a likely disaster.

7 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

You might be on to something there when you think of all the underemployed lawyers and the output of law graduates. Then more courts could be built with the now redundant Carillion workers. The courts would then need to be staffed and I suppose you could build some more prisons to house those who were found guilty and couldn't pay the fines.

Would do wonders for GDP. 

You forgot the 100% residency/ costomer  guarantee   part of the contract 

9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I would have thought that there was EVERY suggestion that these clinicians do not hold appropriate medical qualifications!

Well, derrrr

Nahh if you don`t pass your coding  papers mean jack shit ...a job you just can`t blag :D

55 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Cristoforo Colombo,

had a few universities named after him though

35 minutes training and they can fly a plane

http://time.com/3906733/india-pilots-license-air-safety-aviation/

3 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Cristoforo Colombo,

Yeah. And he meant to be sailing to India.