• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

SCC

Westminster terrorist incident

A few questions that I would like to know the real answer to, that I may have missed in the deletion, etc., but, with regards to the perp:

Much may be made of the home grown link and attempt to distance him from IS / immigrants from IS areas. Does anybody actually know where his parents were from?

The more important aspect is that, clearly, the U.K. Has itself become the 'terrorist training camp' as there was no evidence that he has travelled to learn car-crashing or knifeman skills. Were there any facts emerging as to where he was radicalised/trained/supplied to carry out this attack?

The original title "Parliament terrorist attack" was gaining huge viewing figures on "the other place" 

I think it was because of the title cropping up near the top of most people around the world's google search. 

I noticed it with some other threads we had on "the other forum" in the past too 

Front page of friday's Times image.jpg

The picture shows the moment the attacker was gunned down by the Defence secretary's bodyguards.

Some points:

1. The attacker looks to be barefoot? 

2. the mortally wounded policeman is in the foreground but the attacker is further back towards the main gate? 

3. It was the Defence secretary's bodyguards who stopped the attacker, reports they were waiting by their car just inside the gate whilst the defence serectary was inside voting. 

4. This picture didn't appear anywhere else and also there seems to be a dearth of information on the 40 wounded? 

1 hour ago, This Time said:

ap-khalid-masood.jpg

You can see his shoes by the doctor's feet, plus I doubt they'd have bothered to put one black sock on him.

The Eagle will be along in a minute to tell you they were trying to cover up his white legs :)

19 minutes ago, garybug said:

Refugee from hpc. Don't post much there days but always lurk. Well done on the site. ..

What's the Lille thing then?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/24/at-least-three-injured-in-mass-shooting-in-lille-6532551/

Sounds like it could be gang related rather than terrorism - either way it will be a product of multiculturalism. 

5 hours ago, Bkkandrew said:

A few questions that I would like to know the real answer to, that I may have missed in the deletion, etc., but, with regards to the perp:

Much may be made of the home grown link and attempt to distance him from IS / immigrants from IS areas. Does anybody actually know where his parents were from?

The more important aspect is that, clearly, the U.K. Has itself become the 'terrorist training camp' as there was no evidence that he has travelled to learn car-crashing or knifeman skills. Were there any facts emerging as to where he was radicalised/trained/supplied to carry out this attack?

Soon, going to prison will be like going to a local mosque. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3277502/First-UK-jail-half-inmates-Muslim-pressured-convert-Islamic-protection-racket.html#ixzz4cK3Q0nsz

from my police friends.   The armed police arrangement at parliament used to be snipers at 3 fixed locations, one of those had a clear view of the unarmed, but vested, PCs on the gate.

Then some bright spark thought that 2 would be enough and these would be mobile around parliament.  Neither of these were close to this incident at the time, and it was sheer luck a ministerial car had arrived with its own close protection team, who it was that shot the terrorist.

Sheer luck that Parliament was saved and more unarmed personnel stabbed.

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

http://www.thecanary.co/2017/03/24/4-million-people-watched-moment-bbc-newsnight-forced-face-uncomfortable-truth/

Thread on FB with tons of people saying they shouldn't cover it very much cos it creates division and hatred.

Im sure their real anger is the 100% pointless coverage of every living thing they interviewed in a 5 mile radius 24/7 and the reporters reporting on each other then commenting on their comments.

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

http://www.thecanary.co/2017/03/24/4-million-people-watched-moment-bbc-newsnight-forced-face-uncomfortable-truth/

Thread on FB with tons of people saying they shouldn't cover it very much cos it creates division and hatred.

I'm fed up of that bollocks - it's the terrorists that are causing division and hatred along with all those that help or don't report. I'm fed up of all the 'oh noes, the poor muslims' bollocks. Muslims are best placed to know if mosques are becoming radicalised or if someone they know is plotting an attack or planning to fight with ISIS - if they don't do anything to stop it then they're just as guilty. Fuck em. 

8 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

Front page of friday's Times image.jpg

4. This picture didn't appear anywhere else and also there seems to be a dearth of information on the 40 wounded? 

That picture along with another moments before with PC Keith Palmer staggering was shown on the Daily Mail who shortly after pulled it.

3 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

Just stick your head in the sand and everything's fine :)

The article confuses me. Is it saying we shouldn't publicise the atrocity or that we should give it prominent news coverage?

I'm firmly of the opinion that it should be given prominent news coverage, it happened. Media analysis should ask questions why the attacker carried out his heinous act. It shouldn't be downplayed.  

There should also be more analysis of how the world viewed the attack, not just the platitudes mouthed by politicians but also the reaction of muslim nations towards it, particularly the up votes and praise from those who support the attack on social media in the West.

What about as a temporary (or not?) change in laws so serious crimes against the person all carry very long / life sentences.

It's not gonna help with the guy who's committing a suicidal mission but it could help us deal with some of the other monsters in our country. I don't know what time in jail the Rotheram gang got but if they don't die in jail then it's not long enough, it's probably possible to argue they should be tortured for what they did but I wouldn't want to do that, or have someone else do that.

If there were heavy penalties for aiding/not reporting serious crimes that might help the situation too, although some people have allegiances other than that of our country and the people in it, regardless of our laws.

Too often crimes are reported and the sentence given our are just a joke, horrible crimes and 10 or 20 years. They need to never be allowed out again. If we have to increase taxes or cut back on something to fund more prisons I think that's something most people would be fine with, if it meant these people were off our streets permanently. People not being deported too, that's another thing.

9 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

What about as a temporary (or not?) change in laws so serious crimes against the person all carry very long / life sentences.

It's not gonna help with the guy who's committing a suicidal mission but it could help us deal with some of the other monsters in our country. I don't know what time in jail the Rotheram gang got but if they don't die in jail then it's not long enough, it's probably possible to argue they should be tortured for what they did but I wouldn't want to do that, or have someone else do that.

If there were heavy penalties for aiding/not reporting serious crimes that might help the situation too, although some people have allegiances other than that of our country and the people in it, regardless of our laws.

Too often crimes are reported and the sentence given our are just a joke, horrible crimes and 10 or 20 years. They need to never be allowed out again. If we have to increase taxes or cut back on something to fund more prisons I think that's something most people would be fine with, if it meant these people were off our streets permanently. People not being deported too, that's another thing.

Much longer sentences are needed, most of the time they may get 10 or 20 years but are out in half the time, they know this. The deterrence factor from genuinely long sentences would be material. Knowing they would be spending the majority of their life behind bars would focus the mind

4 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

Much longer sentences are needed, most of the time they may get 10 or 20 years but are out in half the time, they know this. The deterrence factor from genuinely long sentences would be material. Knowing they would be spending the majority of their life behind bars would focus the mind

Yip, lots of actual life sentences with no parole too. Some of these cases require them to be taken off our streets forever.