• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DTMark

Ben Shapiro Puts Black Lives Matter To Shame

Flicking idly through YouTube recommendations I came across this.

Together with Peterson on C4 news this week, these are two people able to argue from fact-based positions rather impressively. This one is nearly two years old.

In a nutshell: "Show me the evidence. Just saying 'there is racism' solves nothing, and it isn't supported by the facts"

2 hours ago, UmBongo said:

Ben Shapiro is a joy to listen to. He's absolutely razor sharp. B|

It's funny watching the SJWs getting silenced by him.

Surely the left must have some adherents that can put together a coherent argument? Its starting to trouble me that the only ones I can find seem to be totally oblivious to the reality that is life. 

Whilst I agree with the viewpoints posted on here and the views expressed by Ben Shapiro, Douglas Murray, Jordan Peterson, Brigitte Gabriel, Peter Hitchens, even Milo, to mention a few. I'm starting to think that I'm simply suffering from confirmation bias.  

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 21:48, sleepwello'nights said:

Surely the left must have some adherents that can put together a coherent argument? Its starting to trouble me that the only ones I can find seem to be totally oblivious to the reality that is life. 

Whilst I agree with the viewpoints posted on here and the views expressed by Ben Shapiro, Douglas Murray, Jordan Peterson, Brigitte Gabriel, Peter Hitchens, even Milo, to mention a few. I'm starting to think that I'm simply suffering from confirmation bias.  

Good point. To expand on that..

I would suppose that most who have met me would, if asked to decide, consider me to be right-of-centre politically, depending on what was discussed. Actually, apparently, according to tests, I'm highly centrist/libertarian. 

So a couple of years ago, observing the obvious bias in the crap I was reading on The Telegraph, I set about looking for other news sources and happened upon The Guardian.

After all, that's a sort of posh, educated, liberal left-wing thing, isn't it (actually, no, far from it, though I had to read it to find out), so my views should be challenged.

And yet, I find myself reading "The Guardian's view on.." pieces knowing full-well that I will pretty well disagree with everything. "The Guardian. Wrong about everything. All the time"

I see propaganda everywhere and I wonder whether this is me becoming more cynical (this seems to be normal with age), or actually, if I haven't really changed, yet the world around me has.

I find myself gravitating towards YouTube and alternate sources to seek out the sort of intelligent debate that I might expect to find in our mainstream media, but which is so sorely lacking. Indeed, in these modern times, actively suppressed. If you suppress something, that creates a desire to seek it out.

So, as a counter to what I'm being force-fed, I'll seek out alternate viewpoints. So, Douglas Murray, for example.

This doesn't mean that I'll accept everything at face value and become some sort of "disciple".

To compare with Ben Shapiro - Ben is not quite in the same league based on what I have seen because he struggles to contain his own obvious prejudices which set the narrative for what he says. To give an example, in the video above, the black guy attempts an argument to say "isn't everyone a bit racist" which I don't think is entirely untrue. At a deep, "animal" level.

That doesn't mean to say that white people are just begging for permission to run around knifing and shooting black people and actually acting on it. I think this is more like the way in which otherwise intelligent reasonable adults are scared of spiders. Even though they know that it is completely irrational. We can recognise the silliness of this type of behaviour.

Of course the counter to that would be "Well, that would apply to black people, too, wouldn't it?". That was a point which could have been engaged with, which Ben shot down. He is also deliberately provocative on occasion, something which Cathy Newman put to Prof. Peterson, who was able to IMO correctly argue against.

I have read the start of Milo's book and I must admit that the continual references to his sexuality annoyed me. There are topics on here about sexuality on which I will participate openly when it is relevant. Milo's book is not a book about being gay, FFS. Maybe it gets better.

I do find that this forum has a strong common consensus on just about every issue. At least from those who choose to participate. Not all the time, though. Good counter-points are made. Occasionally. FWIW I'd like to see some strong counter-arguments for remaining in the European Union. I thought that  @Knock Out Johnny might engage on those but what I posted once seemed to kill that stone-dead. I don't think his lack of a counter to that means that I must necessarily be correct.

What I'd really like - coming back to your opening point - is a strong, well-argued counter-debate. I searched for those, and I couldn't find a great deal of those.

- Did I not look hard enough?
- Have I turned into a cynical old bastard with more entrenched views? (Maybe I was always that)
- Am I just not listening?
- Who should I be listening to?

On 1/23/2018 at 00:14, DTMark said:

FWIW I'd like to see some strong counter-arguments for remaining in the European Union.@Knock Out Johnny

I would personally advocate to stay in the EU, corrupt, venal bunch of scum bags that it is but to do that the UK would have to change, reform itself, to make it attractive to strivers and not scroungers. As usual UK politicians want to take the easy way out.

6 minutes ago, davidg said:

I would personally advocate to stay in the EU, corrupt, venal bunch of scum bags that it is but to do that the UK would have to change, reform itself, to make it attractive to strivers and not scroungers. As usual UK politicians want to take the easy way out.

I’m Irish, but settled here. I have seen how much progress the EU can bring and I believe that freedom of movement is a good thing, in principle. 

Unfortunately the political class have shirked their responsibilities over many years. The benefits class has been nurtured beyond anything that Attlee’s government would recognise. Unfortunately this has thrown welfare open to Europe and the world. 

The inability of our ‘leaders’, here and in Brussels has led us to a precipice that we are throwing ourselves over. We’re amputating the body to try to save the leg.

Reform benefits and banish the non EU migrants, and this would be a green and pleasant land again.

image.thumb.png.0601db2fad0082dba4874e11fe808472.png

On May 4, 1884, a train conductor with the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad[7][8] ordered Wells to give up her seat in the first-class ladies car and move to the smoking car, which was already crowded with other passengers. The previous year, the Supreme Court had ruled against the federal Civil Rights Act of 1875 (which had banned racial discrimination in public accommodations). This verdict supported railroad companies that chose to racially segregate their passengers. When Wells refused to give up her seat, the conductor and two men dragged her out of the car. Wells gained publicity in Memphis when she wrote a newspaper article for The Living Way, a black church weekly, about her treatment on the train. In Memphis, she hired an African-American attorney to sue the railroad. When her lawyer was paid off by the railroad,[9] she hired a white attorney. She won her case on December 24, 1884, when the local circuit court granted her a $500 award. The railroad company appealed to the Tennessee Supreme Court, which reversed the lower court's ruling in 1887. It concluded, "We think it is evident that the purpose of the defendant in error was to harass with a view to this suit, and that her persistence was not in good faith to obtain a comfortable seat for the short ride."[10][11] Wells was ordered to pay court costs. Her reaction to the higher court's decision revealed her strong convictions on civil rights and religious faith, as she responded: "I felt so disappointed because I had hoped such great things from my suit for my people. ... O God, is there no ... justice in this land for us?"[12]

Democrats have been lying to keep African Americans on the Democratic plantation for a very long time.