• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

The Lord giveth...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5286955/Prosperity-Preacher-Kenneth-Copeland-giggles-GV.html?ito=social-facebook

'First, the Holy Spirit confirmed to Brother Copeland that the Gulfstream V was the plane the Lord had set aside for KCM. Right away discussions began, and Brother Copeland developed a wonderful personal relationship with the seller, Christian businessman and movie-maker Tyler Perry.' 

I hope it gets struck by lightening and crashes.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5286955/Prosperity-Preacher-Kenneth-Copeland-giggles-GV.html?ito=social-facebook

'First, the Holy Spirit confirmed to Brother Copeland that the Gulfstream V was the plane the Lord had set aside for KCM. Right away discussions began, and Brother Copeland developed a wonderful personal relationship with the seller, Christian businessman and movie-maker Tyler Perry.' 

I hope it gets struck by lightening and crashes.

That's not very Christian of you. 

I drew a line under a friendship I had because I was uncomfortable with the number of 'donations' and the amount of time they were 'blessed' by their congregation. I was friends with the wife. Her husband, who I was told would often give talks that supposedly reduced people to tears, particularly when he talked about when he found God, was a preacher.

She worked 10 hours a week, he had contributions from his church and a part time job and they still managed to take 7 people to Disneyland Florida thanks to their tax credits, foster caring and their generous flock. The last straw was when she told me about a hamper they'd received worth about £200 from an elderly couple.  When I asked her if she was comfortable taking this from them she said they considered it a blessing. 

10 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I drew a line under a friendship I had because I was uncomfortable with the number of 'donations' and the amount of time they were 'blessed' by their congregation. I was friends with the wife. Her husband, who I was told would often give talks that supposedly reduced people to tears, particularly when he talked about when he found God, was a preacher.

She worked 10 hours a week, he had contributions from his church and a part time job and they still managed to take 7 people to Disneyland Florida thanks to their tax credits, foster caring and their generous flock. The last straw was when she told me about a hamper they'd received worth about £200 from an elderly couple.  When I asked her if she was comfortable taking this from them she said they considered it a blessing. 

I have no time for religious leaders or their followers having witnessed staggering and hypocritical behaviours from both.

As for Copeland, I hope he has a heart attack while wanking over his plane, it will be a blessing indeed.

Buddhism seems OK from the little I know

As do most 'primitive' tribal beliefs.

Edited by Hopeful

My late mother was a very devout Christian. Father tolerated it but only just. He frequently in a jokey but in hindsight edgy manner that surely he must have paid several times over for church repairs!

Oh dear, she was so uneducated about people’s life position and how luck, chance etc plays a part regarding individual life experience.Finger wagging and denigrating others was normal.

In her view if life hadn’t treated you well then it was your own fault because you didn’t embrace the Church of Scotland or you weren’t nice, you were mean or other nonsense idiosyncratic views. 

She was never challenged on her life view because she never had to work and fend for herself, my father had a good job stuck by her etc

I have no time for religion but I do favour Buddhist philosophy on the realities of life. Oh dear years ago even visiting a long established Tibetan Buddhist monastery in my region resulted in finger wagging and how wrong I was to visit there from my late mother.

Haven't changed my mind in thirty years or so that the Buddhist outlook on life is 100% better than Church of Scotland or any other religions 

The UCKG took over our local cinema when Odeon or whoever ran it last gave up on it (not unreasonably, I'm sure there's no money in running a two screen local fleapit). I've obviously not been in since but the previously nearly derelict exterior looks nice now, which is good I suppose as it's a nice 20s building.

Sometimes when I walk past their devotees are standing around outside giving out flyers to try and lure in more suckers. They never offer one to me. Racists.