• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Women who sleep their way up

5 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Ive never flirted at work. I view it as unprofessional and dishonest

Any blokes here have tales of women who have slept themselves up at work?

Id guess Sue Perkins.

Shes on another prog. How else can you explain her success at some she so shit at other than extreme rugmunching?

The call centre manager at a previous co was shaggng both the head of operations and head of finance, at the same time but not together you understand.

She was no great shakes on the looks front - very mannish - but she was twenty years younger than both of them and very physically fit; she used to run exercise classes.

It worked for a while but within a year the two she was shagging both left.  She lasted about a year more as without her defenders it became clear that she had been promoted far higher than her ability or intelligence and after several months off with depression (genuine AFAIK, probably because she couldn't actually do her job) she was gone.

I’m in my 50s, seen it more times than I can count. 

And of course, to be fair, I’ve also seen an equal number of cases of dirty old men using their position of power as leverage to get their end away.

Both practices are deplorable. I was going to say equally, but I think that varies on a case by case basis.

I suppose there must be an equivalent of the Peter Principle -- I'll call it the Prozzer Principle. 

A slutty woman can sleep her way up to the limit of her intercourse.

Edited by dgul

I think with many women it’s much more basic than sleeping your way to promotion but I agree it probably happens a lot.

From my experience and observing life many women target and hook up with well off or better off blokes. No problem if both parties gel and get on. Unfortunately I’ve observed that women taking that approach ruin their life and the male they hook up with.

In my opinion life is harsh and years of evolution and social/anthropology studies seems to say that men provide and women bear children and do more domestic stuff. It’s just how life is, IMO.

Unfortunately this lack of basic understanding of life and quests to “equalise” males and females prevails.

You can even get a better job, aka on the council politics trail, by saying you identify as a female these days!

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

ive seen it happen with gay men has well.

I find that hard to believe.

Stoke has jobs and gay blokes!

Ive never worked in org big enough to gave sexual dynamics. Smallish grouos if mainly straight blokes.

Mrs spy briefly worked in a largish finacial service org 70% female. Rife. Any woman shagging the normally married bloke was crucufied by the other women. Esp the married ones.

I feel ive missed out somewhat.

Edited by spygirl

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I find that hard to believe.

Stoke has jobs and gay blokes!

Ive never worked in org big enough to gave sexual dynamics. Smallish grouos if mainly straight blokes.

Mrs spy briefly worked in a largish finacial service org 70% female. Rife. Any woman shagging the normally married bloke was crucufied by the other women. Esp the married ones.

I feel ive missed out somewhat.

Same experience here really, the one big org I worked at was mainly mainly male anyway and never experienced it, rest has been self employed which is pretty much on individual merits. 

14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The call centre manager at a previous co was shaggng both the head of operations and head of finance, at the same time but not together you understand.

She was no great shakes on the looks front - very mannish - but she was twenty years younger than both of them and very physically fit; she used to run exercise classes

Sounds familiar.

My now x female boss seemed to have a hold over men above her at that time which I never understood back then.

13 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

ive seen it happen with gay men has well.

I've personally met a gay bloke years back who told me he was abused by his male lover/partner

33 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Know loads in science

Edited by Hopeful

I’ve worked a couple of places with enough gay blokes that it could have happened, but I’ve never witnessed it the same way I have with the straight comm7nity. Not to say I couldn’t have missed it of course, as I wasn’t watching what went on in quite the same way?

13 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Know loads in science

Yep, I’m a scientist.

I’d say it is rife. Way too much power in the hands of older guys with stunted social skills and inflated egos and the brutal difficulty in getting on in your career are probably key drivers.

ETA I’ve just realised science is a bit like Hollywood in that regard. Although without the promise of untold riches, obviously.

Edited by Melchett

47 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I’m in my 50s, seen it more times than I can count. 

And of course, to be fair, I’ve also seen an equal number of cases of dirty old men using their position of power as leverage to get their end away.

Both practices are deplorable. I was going to say equally, but I think that varies on a case by case basis.

I think that's the point of having a good job for most men. They're not doing it for the job satisfaction. 

3 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

I think that's the point of having a good job for most men. They're not doing it for the job satisfaction. 

Whilst usually a fan of your good self whitevanman I think most men are hanging on in there for the money; not for the potenial affairs.

I have had (absolutely fantastic) work affairs but sadly these days I work in the public sector with mostly old, overweight, grey haired women.  All very nice as people and I absolutely have a laugh with them but my old man will be staying in my pants.

I remember a couple of occasions years ago when I worked part time in hotels where waitresses shagged the food and bev manager to get the jobs that paid the best tips. Having said that, part time seasonal workforces I'm the 1980s were doing a lot of shagging one another anyway. I hope for the sake of people in that line of work nowadays, things are still the same. Tremendous fun and wild times.

Not seen any of it in the last 20 years working in technology companies, not even the female salespeople I compete with ever seem to use sex to win business. 

Edited by blobloblob

13 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Whilst usually a fan of your good self whitevanman I think most men are hanging on in there for the money; not for the potenial affairs.

I have had (absolutely fantastic) work affairs but sadly these days I work in the public sector with mostly old, overweight, grey haired women.  All very nice as people and I absolutely have a laugh with them but my old man will be staying in my pants.

I'm sure it's a minority of men that have affairs at work but the reason most men work is to attract or maintain women. Most women seek high status men so men have to play that game. Sometimes those worlds collide and men have affairs at work. Saying that wealthy men abuse their position is a little cynical. Many women are genuinely attracted to powerful men. 

1 minute ago, whitevanman said:

I'm sure it's a minority of men that have affairs at work but the reason most men work is to attract or maintain women. Most women seek high status men so men have to play that game. Sometimes those worlds collide and men have affairs at work. Saying that wealthy men abuse their position is a little cynical. Many women are genuinely attracted to powerful men. 

In its absolutely widest sense I do agree with you.

Maybe I am the exception as I absolutely do not want a woman before I transition to another gender a retired man living off his investments; post transition absolutely but pre that  I don't want a woman expecting another twenty years of cash, flash house, car, and holidays out of a high earner.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

In its absolutely widest sense I do agree with you.

Maybe I am the exception as I absolutely do not want a woman before I transition to another gender a retired man living off his investments; post transition absolutely but pre that  I don't want a woman expecting another twenty years of cash, flash house, car, and holidays out of a high earner.

I can understand that, you sound like a MGTOW before the phrase was coined. There has to be a quid pro quo, that used to be family and children. These days some women feel entitled to a man's labours simply by virtue of being female. Now that's a cynical point of view :)

Completely useless women in my last company was simultaneously humping at least two senior execs. Despite her manifest incompetence she got promoted twice off the back of it and is still on her way up. It's staggering given that she has no discernable work related skills (technical or managerial) and looks like a fucking moose. There is a trail of competent men and women who've left the firm rather than work for or with her.

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

I’ve worked a couple of places with enough gay blokes that it could have happened, but I’ve never witnessed it the same way I have with the straight comm7nity. Not to say I couldn’t have missed it of course, as I wasn’t watching what went on in quite the same way?

Yep, I’m a scientist.

I’d say it is rife. Way too much power in the hands of older guys with stunted social skills and inflated egos and the brutal difficulty in getting on in your career are probably key drivers.

ETA I’ve just realised science is a bit like Hollywood in that regard. Although without the promise of untold riches, obviously.

When i was finushing my msc, i was asked to a dept do where they were pitching phds to selected students, with the idea of topping up the school.

I sat there, with my cheap wine, looking at a strange collection of bow tied loons, i thought fuckit. Not a place for grownups in a competitive work environment. Deadman shoes. And, for women, almost deadmans cock.

I think I did do a more detailed post on this on ToS but got slated/people didn’t believe it. It has to really be experienced to be believed but if you are under probably 55, and in reasonable condition and the top boss somewhere a load of women work you will be beating them off with a stick. In the not that distant past I left a nineteen year old office assistant girl sorting some paperwork alone in my office. When I returned she turned round pulled up her top and had taken her bra off. It was all a bit awkward, I said I didn’t think it was a good idea she looked really upset by the sort of rejection. Felt quite guilty but doubt my girlfriend, at the time, would have been ok with the line ‘a hot nineteen year old flashed her tits at me, in my office today, didn’t want to hurt her feeling so I gave her a quick one as that’s the sort of sensitive guy I am’.

1 hour ago, JackieO said:

Now I think about it, I've also seen the reverse example to my post above. Also in my last company, which had a huge HR department which was 90% women, there was a young very good looking guy (a mimbo as someone referred to him) who worked his way up several layers by fucking the older ugly women he reported to. I've no idea if he was competent but I salute his ability to get a stiffy in the presence of such rancidness.