• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

Shock and Awe Turkish Style

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

Turkey has launched a huge invasion of the Syrian province of Afrin with a huge bombing campaign and a ground invasion involving thousands of troops

https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2018/20-january-turkey-says-108-out-of-113-identified-pkk-and

Not quite sure why to be honest, maybe Erdogan can't get it up any more.

 

Hardly mentioned on UK news. Funny that.

I imagine the invasion is phase 1 in establishing a Turkish islamic caliphate from Eire to the Sudan to Finland and all points in-between.

They aim to destroy the Kurds first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Hardly mentioned on UK news. Funny that.

 

Which is why I started a separate thread. I checked news and some vague mention of "border skimishes" - apparently the YPG is attacking Turkey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, davidg said:

Turkey has launched a huge invasion of the Syrian province of Afrin with a huge bombing campaign and a ground invasion involving thousands of troops

https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2018/20-january-turkey-says-108-out-of-113-identified-pkk-and

Not quite sure why to be honest, maybe Erdogan can't get it up any more.

Preemptive strike 

I’ve always thought that once the Kurds finish off ISIS they will use the skills developed and US kit to have a crack at Turkey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, davidg said:

Which is why I started a separate thread. I checked news and some vague mention of "border skimishes" - apparently the YPG is attacking Turkey!

Yep, those third-hand Toyota 4X4's are a huge thread to the fourth most powerful army in NATO - is it fourth or higher now - with its thousands of tanks, warships, fighters, bombers and about 1 million soldiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Which side do the snowflakes back?

I'm guessing not the side of Assad.

So, on the side of ISIS then...

Edited by Carl Fimble
adjusting the second paragraph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Huge news on my main news source, Russia Today, but correct that I've not heard it mentioned on the So-Called BBC news; probably because they can't blame President Trump.

They will find a way Frank, they will find a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Huge news on my main news source, Russia Today, but correct that I've not heard it mentioned on the So-Called BBC news; probably because they can't blame President Trump.

 

Edrogan is a huge hero in large parts of the islamic world so it seems, sadly, perfectly logical to me whilst the likes of the So-Called BBC would not report anything critical of him.

On a wider note I think European leaders are somewhere between their usual appeasing of islam and a fear of the power he has to unleash serious trouble in their countries due to the high numbers of Turks living in virtually every EU nation... well, apart from Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously a humanitarian mission to save refugees -- remember, they're an almost EU, definitely European, most certainly NATO country.

[I love the phrase 'shock and awe'.  It sounds so much nicer than 'Blitzkrieg'.]

Edited by dgul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't the Iranians are a different flavour to the Turks, guess this might be something they will find highly irritating.

Whats the Saudi involvement on this, thats something else that will piss the Iranians off.

Whats the EUs position, silence I assume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Aren't the Iranians are a different flavour to the Turks, guess this might be something they will find highly irritating.

Whats the Saudi involvement on this, thats something else that will piss the Iranians off.

Whats the EUs position, silence I assume.

Never forget that the Iranians are Persians. They're very different from all their neighbours to the north and west.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

 

Finally this gets the lead story on the So-Called BBC.  This is like the Zimbabwe coup; they don't report it at all for about twelve hours as they're deciding what spin they want to put upon it rather than just reporting the news as they should be doing.

It takes time to find anti Brexit and anti Trump angles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

 

Ah, so all tings considered we all should be dead by midday tomorrow.

Was the town really attacked and by whom? Kurds? Syria?

Is this the West / Saudi way of finally winning their war in Syria by making an excuse for Turkey to invade? Bit silly with Russia there. Very silly.

Feck, I am down to my last 2 tins of baked beans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Is he going to conscript all the workers at the local Turkish car wash?

Let’s not forget the Turkish barber shops springing up left, right and centre. All in all a platoon/company strength in every small town and a battalion in the cities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Ah, so all tings considered we all should be dead by midday tomorrow.

Was the town really attacked and by whom? Kurds? Syria?

Is this the West / Saudi way of finally winning their war in Syria by making an excuse for Turkey to invade? Bit silly with Russia there. Very silly.

Feck, I am down to my last 2 tins of baked beans.

Truks  vs Kurds  it`s always been this 

Turks now blaming the west for arming the Kurds (probably right) this is their justification for war ...it could get interesting IMO it`s down to how definitely-not-gay Putin plays it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Truks  vs Kurds  it`s always been this 

Turks now blaming the west for arming the Kurds (probably right) this is their justification for war ...it could get interesting IMO it`s down to how definitely-not-gay definitely-not-gay Putin plays it 

 

Yep, just in case I might buy 6 tins of baked beans tomorrow.

I honestly have no idea who is backing who in Syria right now. Turkey is playing a dangerous game between NATO and Russia. Hopefully both want to see an end to Erdogan as he is a dangerous person IMPO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.