• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

16 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Looks like the corruption of the Obama's administration/Killary/DNC/FBI/DOJ/CIA is about to blow

Popcorn time B|

Is milo a fat American now?

15 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

Is milo a fat American now?

I watched until about 4 minutes - he did revert to a British accent by the time I stopped watching. I guess a man who changes his style that often is entitled to change his accent as well :D

Re the memo, whether they've done it on purpose or not, I think the republicans have put themselves into quite a corner with this. There's an article on ZH which I won't bother posting, but it points out that if the memo is not released then it'll look like they're bullshitting; if the memo is released but without supporting sources then it'll be meaningless and labelled as bullshit; and if they do release it with sources, then it better be as big as they're claiming it is, or it'll be labelled as exaggerated bullshit.

On the other hand, if they do release it with sources and it really is big, then it'll be a hell of a fireworks show.

My bet is still on the democrats suddenly backing down on federal funding, govt shutdown ended, memo quietly disappears. As always, I'd like to be proven wrong.

10 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Re the memo, whether they've done it on purpose or not, I think the republicans have put themselves into quite a corner with this. There's an article on ZH which I won't bother posting, but it points out that if the memo is not released then it'll look like they're bullshitting; if the memo is released but without supporting sources then it'll be meaningless and labelled as bullshit; and if they do release it with sources, then it better be as big as they're claiming it is, or it'll be labelled as exaggerated bullshit.

On the other hand, if they do release it with sources and it really is big, then it'll be a hell of a fireworks show.

My bet is still on the democrats suddenly backing down on federal funding, govt shutdown ended, memo quietly disappears. As always, I'd like to be proven wrong.

I wonder whether this is the sort of thing that just gets politicians and political journalists orgasming with excitement but which really is nothing much at all. Wouldn't be the first time that we have seen stuff like this on both sides of the Atlantic.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I wonder whether this is the sort of thing that just gets politicians and political journalists orgasming with excitement but which really is nothing much at all. Wouldn't be the first time that we have seen stuff like this on both sides of the Atlantic.

Unless Hillary and/or Obama do some porridge it's all just noise.

Could either of them really be sent to jail without kicking off a civil war?  It would need a brilliant stage managed build up, and even then there'd probably be massive civil unrest.

It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out.

1 hour ago, Fully Detached said:

I watched until about 4 minutes - he did revert to a British accent by the time I stopped watching. I guess a man who changes his style that often is entitled to change his accent as well :D

Republicans are pushing for it to be released, not sure of the process but think the intellegence comitee needs to vote on it. Note that the dems on the committee all voted against allowing all the representatives reading the memo but lost the vote.

I've also read that the process to release the memo has started but will take 19 working days of congress.

Edited by snagger

1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

Unless Hillary and/or Obama do some porridge it's all just noise.

Could either of them really be sent to jail without kicking off a civil war?  It would need a brilliant stage managed build up, and even then there'd probably be massive civil unrest.

It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out.

Well, that will never happen as there will be too much money, too much influence and too much power at stake. They will use some excuse such as it being damaging to the very existence of these United States or some other such guff.

So that leaves going after the less important people but, presumably, such people would begin to sing like canaries if they were ever faced with jail time.

Expect more people to slip on soap in the shower?

27 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Well, that will never happen as there will be too much money, too much influence and too much power at stake. They will use some excuse such as it being damaging to the very existence of these United States or some other such guff.

So that leaves going after the less important people but, presumably, such people would begin to sing like canaries if they were ever faced with jail time.

Expect more people to slip on soap in the shower?

If it is as big as claimed, they could go for Immunity for truth & reconciliation as cleaning up the mess and transparency doing so might be better option.

A few public hearings, law changes to add future protection. New untainted staff given senior roles. 

Trump drains the swamp without causing civil unrest.

4 minutes ago, snagger said:

If it is as big as claimed, they could go for Immunity for truth & reconciliation as cleaning up the mess and transparency doing so might be better option.

A few public hearings, law changes to add future protection. New untainted staff given senior roles. 

Trump drains the swamp without causing civil unrest.

Listening to various reports about this people have been implying, between the lines, that the Obama presidency asked, authorised or got the the FBI and/or CIA to spy on the Trump campaign and pass that info to the Clinton campaign.

I could be completely wrong about this but, from the above videos, that is the impression that I have taken from it.

If that is the case then it would surely be a major scandal much bigger than Watergate. But, hey, who knows. I have seen so many about to break politicial stories over the past 30 odd years turn out to be nothing more than damp squibs. I hope this one is not just another one.

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Listening to various reports about this people have been implying, between the lines, that the Obama presidency asked, authorised or got the the FBI and/or CIA to spy on the Trump campaign and pass that info to the Clinton campaign.

I could be completely wrong about this but, from the above videos, that is the impression that I have taken from it.

If that is the case then it would surely be a major scandal much bigger than Watergate. But, hey, who knows. I have seen so many about to break politicial stories over the past 30 odd years turn out to be nothing more than damp squibs. I hope this one is not just another one.

This one seems different in that the memo exists, widely  read by legislators and nobody is denying the content of it is shocking.

Edited by snagger

32 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think that`s spot on plus what @snagger is saying 

There`s also some damning allegations regrading Obuma  (caveat tinfoil hat maybe required) regarding some deal in Thailand whether theses are connected i don`t know

31 minutes ago, snagger said:

This one seems different in that the memo exists, widely  read by legislators and nobody is denying the content of it is shocking.

I think the jist of it is that they have proven Kilary paid for the false report on" Russian conclusion" which enabled the spying to take place TPTB refused to grant the FBI the rights first 

32 minutes ago, snagger said:

If you listen to /watch the recent oversight committee hearings you can see that the committee knows all too well what has been going on via the many very targeted questions being raised to the likes of Rosenstein and IIRC Mueller who attended as well. I don't think those hearings were held to extract new information as that is pretty much already known, but just an exercise in getting key players on record so that when the information is revealed they have already exonerated themselves why what they have said or  implicated themselves. 140 republicans have read the memo and 1 democrat apparently, if the memo (and possibly other supporting information) is not declassified by congress then it will most likely be leaked.  Republicans are in a catch 22, as much as many don't like Trump, the prospect of having the Dems walk away from this to potentially do it again next election and thereafter just isn't palatable. Regardless, staunch constitutionalists will insist this is cleared up outside of party lines and 140 sets of eyes is way too much to keep the lid on it now.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Ah, sorry snagger. I saw the @ and immediately thought that it meant someone on twitter. I went to have a look at @snagger twitter account and it is blank... so assumed some conspiracy theory... xD

I'm actually a Russian bot, I have 758 twitter accounts, but not @snagger that would be too obvious ;)