• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

TheBlueCat

Jordan Peterson

36 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

That scene reminded me of the interview in Brass Eye where Chris Morris got various celebrities to say on camera that paedophiles shared 99% of their DNA with crabs. 

CAKE!

31 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I have noticed this too. One of Prof Peterson's areas of expertise is, I believe,  how historically societies have moved into totalitarianism. He says there are key markers along the way which you can identify and that one of these has historically been legal coercion over speech - not  what you must not say, but what you must say. I think this is why he decided to make a firm stand over the 'pronoun' nonsense in Canada. But to the average person especially SJW media types, it seems a hysterical over-reaction, almost a 'hate crime' because they cannot see the subtle difference between being forbidden to do something and being compelled to do  something. 

He made exactly the same point before it went down the lobster tangent - how they are acting like the authoritarians , the ideology leads to totalitarianism.  Cathy was too thick to see this instead going into hyperbole mode 

After reading everyone getting excited over in the SJW thread, I finally watched it earlier. He was very good, but I'm tending towards agreeing with @Hopeful about anyone who knows their shit should be that good. That a lot aren't is rather indicative of current political culture and feelz over facts.

I think the issue is that SJWs spend so much time occupying themselves with certain subjects that they end up thinking they are experts on them too. To then find that met with actual in-depth analysis and empirical data throws them. Of course, that JBP is a straight white male  infuriates them too, especially as he backs it all up with facts.

I bought the book earlier too. Looking at the contents page posted earlier, I'm looking forward to it even more now!

2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

That scene reminded me of the interview in Brass Eye where Chris Morris got various celebrities to say on camera that paedophiles shared 99% of their DNA with crabs. 

Someone needs to put those two clips side by side and stick a vid up online.

17 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Someone needs to put those two clips side by side and stick a vid up online.

Unfortunately I lack the time and skills so to do, but if anyone is interested, the Neil Fox 'crabs' clip is here: 

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

So much fun to be had on that link

29 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

lobsterdinner.jpg

That's a piece of fucking modern art. Absolute genius.

21 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Such is the frequency of utter weirdness on display in modern life, I often find myself wondering if everything is a simulation being controlled by Chris Morris, who is actually God and his TV shows were just little cameos he's done to amuse himself.

22 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Oh, and :

I listened to hear his analysis of JP. In general I like Millennial Woes analysis of the left wing political ideas and to understand what the alt right is about.

I don't agree with MW's opinion that ethno nationalism is a primary driver of group behaviour.  Sure we have an instinctive preference for people of our own ethnicity but to me it is less important than the cultural background we share. I have friends of different ethnicity and to be honest I am friends with them because we share common interests, attitudes and possibly aspirations and we behave in accordance with the culture we live in. Their ethnic background is less important.

There is one area though that makes me pause for thought: when I see a white woman with a black man I feel disquiet. The reverse doesn't apply, with a caveat, if a white man is with a negroid woman its OK if she has facial features that are similar to white people, thinnish nose is the most obvious feature. Is this simply a peculiarity of mine or is it a common trait? I've no idea. Seeing a white man with an Asian, Indo Chinese, Japanese woman causes me no disquiet, sometimes a bit of envy, thinking Michael Caine and Shakira. 

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

JP is highly educated, has common sense and can synthesise a lot of information IMO. He has also embarrassed the MSM....particularly that indoctrinated Newman woman. Therefore he needs to be silenced, IMO.