• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

TheBlueCat

Jordan Peterson

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I admit I’m brainwashed re JP....because I fancy him!  Look at Jordan in comparison to Russell with his man bun...yuk!

However, I do think he has very good thoughts on living life. I might buy his book....when it’s cheaper.

Yeah waiting until it's a bit cheaper too.  it's in paperback on Amazon.  maybe at the end of the month at payday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to order mine from Amazon. I'd checked the price, it was £13.60. When I went to order it for some reason the price had gone up to £16.00. Not a lot more but WH Smith still had it at £13.60 so I got it from them. 

I've just looked now and Amazon's price is back to £13.60. perversely the paper back version is £36.42!

Edited by sleepwello'nights
proof reading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I was going to order mine from Amazon. I'd checked the price, it was £13.60. When I went to order it for some reason the price had gone up to £16.00. Not a lot more but WH Smith still had it at £13.60 so I got it from them. 

I've just looked now and Amazon's price is back to £13.60. perversely the paper back version is £36.42!

 

I ordered some stuff from Amazon this week and, at the exact same time, prices of the same items were different in my laptop browser and the smartphone app - the smartphone app being cheaper about 50p each time for items between a fiver and £20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brand is looking more and more like the sort of creepy man in a plastic mac that would park opposite schools in a rusty Vauxhall Victor c.1977. The type that appeared in the film that the local bobby showed warning you not to speak to strangers. Imagine what he'll look like in 20 years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Millennial Woes speech in Tallinn entitled "The Passion of Dr Jordan Peterson"

53 minutes long, just him speaking at a lectern so fine to just listen to if you have shit to do other than looking at a screen.

Ok to listen to at 2x speed, so 1.5x would be good if time saving is your thing.

 

Edited by Carl Fimble
time saving bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Millennial Woes speech in Tallinn entitled "The Passion of Dr Jordan Peterson"

 

Never knew Turks effectively had dual voting rights - voting for the left / handouts when in Europe (examples given voting patterns in Germany and Holland) and then in very high percentages voting for Erdogan and the right (well hard line islam). Shocking really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Millennial Woes speech in Tallinn entitled "The Passion of Dr Jordan Peterson"

53 minutes long, just him speaking at a lectern so fine to just listen to if you have shit to do other than looking at a screen.

Ok to listen to at 2x speed, so 1.5x would be good if time saving is your thing.

 

Thanks for posting this Carl. He makes his case with great clarity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

JP doesn't look very well in his latest YouTube video, very thin, a bit disheveled. I believe he and his daughter suffer from an auto immune problem, and have to follow a very restricted diet.

He also makes reference to what appears to be a continuous battle with depression.

I really like the bloke, he says a lot of things that are very helpful. But he obviously struggles a bit. 

It often seems to me that (generally speaking) the happiest people are the ones with less intelligence, I wonder if there are any stats to back that up?

Edited by BigV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, BigV said:

JP doesn't look very well in his latest YouTube video, very thin, a bit disheveled. I believe he and his daughter suffer from an auto immune problem, and have to follow a very restricted diet.

He also makes reference to what appears to be a continuous battle with depression.

I really like the bloke, he says a lot of things that are very helpful. But he obviously struggles a bit. 

It often seems to me that (generally speaking) the happiest people are the ones with less intelligence, I wonder if there are any stats to back that up?

JP was a heavy drinker and smoker in his youth I believe. Seem to recall he had some battles with alcohol. He comes from a pretty rough working class background I think. 

As for happiness/intelligence, I'm not sure. A person of low intelligence may be more content on a day-to-day basis, but if big problems hit him (bereavement, illness, imprisonment etc) he may not have the mental resources to deal with them. A more intelligent person is able to rationalise his situation and view life in a philosophical/religious way that a less intelligent person might find more difficult. Orwell, for example, wrote that prison and the workhouse was bearable for educated men, because they had an inner life mental life to sustain them, but the boredom of those places was a kind of living hell for the less intelligent. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

JP was a heavy drinker and smoker in his youth I believe. Seem to recall he had some battles with alcohol. He comes from a pretty rough working class background I think. 

As for happiness/intelligence, I'm not sure. A person of low intelligence may be more content on a day-to-day basis, but if big problems hit him (bereavement, illness, imprisonment etc) he may not have the mental resources to deal with them. A more intelligent person is able to rationalise his situation and view life in a philosophical/religious way that a less intelligent person might find more difficult. Orwell, for example, wrote that prison and the workhouse was bearable for educated men, because they had an inner life mental life to sustain them, but the boredom of those places was a kind of living hell for the less intelligent. 

But the less intelligent tend to have the comfort of religion to fall back on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, onlyme said:

Never knew Turks effectively had dual voting rights - voting for the left / handouts when in Europe (examples given voting patterns in Germany and Holland) and then in very high percentages voting for Erdogan and the right (well hard line islam). Shocking really.

The fact that they tend to vote in blocks too, and are likely to stop voting left as soon as they have sufficient numbers...

Using our democracy against us, shocking and scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fischer said:

But the less intelligent tend to have the comfort of religion to fall back on.

Intelligent people live a life of massive uncertainty. 

Ignorance is bliss.

The happy moron therefore leads a simple life of certainty, while the intelligent man suffers doubt about pretty much everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DocH said:

Thanks for posting this Carl. He makes his case with great clarity.

 

Yes, he is getting better and better with his speeches, that was a particularly good one.

More of them available on this playlist here :

They are in the wrong order though, the Etnofutur II one shown in the playlist above is his most recent speech. Clicking the text on the thumbnail takes you to the playlist on YouTube should you wish to view them in chronological order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

The fact that they tend to vote in blocks too, and are likely to stop voting left as soon as they have sufficient numbers...

Using our democracy against us, shocking and scary.

 

Enabled by feminised men and fem-nazi women who secretly yearn for that dominant male fantasy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Enabled by feminised men and fem-nazi women who secretly yearn for that dominant male fantasy...

I liked what Millennial Woes said about the future : Three groups : Collectivist non-whites and anti-whites, collectivist whites, and then the individualists. Many of these individualists vote alongside the feminised men and feminazis, for the same parties as the collectivist non-whites and anti-whites, for now anyway. Things are changing, and I reckon we should help them to change faster.

Sorry, I'm a rusty poster at the moment. Horribly written....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

I liked what Millennial Woes said about the future : Three groups : Collectivist non-whites and anti-whites, collectivist whites, and then the individualists. Many of these individualists vote alongside the feminised men and feminazis, for the same parties as the collectivist non-whites and anti-whites, for now anyway. Things are changing, and I reckon we should help them to change faster.

Sorry, I'm a rusty poster at the moment. Horribly written....

 

If I was a hot 20 or 30 something female teacher I would demand that you stayed behind for extra lessons in my study :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

 

If I was a hot 20 or 30 something female teacher I would demand that you stayed behind for extra lessons in my study :o

Ha!

If that was true, and I was single I'd be right into that!

xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fischer said:

But the less intelligent tend to have the comfort of religion to fall back on.

Not necessarily - if they have a simplistic view of religion and suffer a serious upset in life, that illusion can be stripped very quickly and they do not have the intellectual resources to make sense of it. 

23 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Intelligent people live a life of massive uncertainty. 

Ignorance is bliss.

The happy moron therefore leads a simple life of certainty, while the intelligent man suffers doubt about pretty much everything.

But the truly intelligent man can use his reason and intellect to come to terms with that doubt, through studying the great philosophers and theologians. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Millennial Woes speech in Tallinn entitled "The Passion of Dr Jordan Peterson"

53 minutes long, just him speaking at a lectern so fine to just listen to if you have shit to do other than looking at a screen.

I guess he's being critical of JP. Can you give a synopsis of his observations and opinion. I'm on a cruise ship (gap year trip :) ) and the internet connection is quite slow, very noticeable when downloading videos. 

I've read the 12 Rules, and am still assimilating the content. My impression is that JP is pessimistic by nature. Understandably as he's had a lot more misfortune to contend with in his life than I. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

 

I guess he's being critical of JP. Can you give a synopsis of his observations and opinion. I'm on a cruise ship (gap year trip :) ) and the internet connection is quite slow, very noticeable when downloading videos. 

I've read the 12 Rules, and am still assimilating the content. My impression is that JP is pessimistic by nature. Understandably as he's had a lot more misfortune to contend with in his life than I. 

I'll try.

First he says he respects lots of the work Peterson has done. He references a (heavily edited) Vice interview Dr Peterson took part in where he mentions that he has pulled men back from the "far right". Woes says there is no need for Peterson to attack the (alt) right and goes over what he said, individualism, collective non-white and anti-white, Sargon (laughter from the crowd at mere mention of his name), love of your own people, Jordan Peterson having an interest in First Nations identity, having been born of European stock, shaped by Canadian culture and Peterson (and Sargonites, individualists, etc) not being brave or honest, being cowardly with the result of the end of them and all of western civilisation. 

No, there's just too much, and I'm no good at this. If I can create an MP3 of it and post it I will do.

Well worth a listen to, this speech particularly but lots of his speeches, and much of his more usual videos. I'm a big fan of Woes as has probably become obvious! I like Jordan Peterson too, and learned some stuff from listening to him speak, he only goes so far though, as demonstrated when he was asked about Solzhenitsyn's (sp??) book "200 Years Together". See Way of the World's video on Bitchute for more on that...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/kLQ0XFkc3zGy/

 

Edited by Carl Fimble
adding "I like Jordan Peterson too" onwards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

Not necessarily - if they have a simplistic view of religion and suffer a serious upset in life, that illusion can be stripped very quickly and they do not have the intellectual resources to make sense of it. 

But the truly intelligent man can use his reason and intellect to come to terms with that doubt, through studying the great philosophers and theologians. 

In time. If they walk the right path.

I'm middle aged, and in control, but my early years were a mess of self doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

 

I guess he's being critical of JP. Can you give a synopsis of his observations and opinion. I'm on a cruise ship (gap year trip :) ) and the internet connection is quite slow, very noticeable when downloading videos. 

I've read the 12 Rules, and am still assimilating the content. My impression is that JP is pessimistic by nature. Understandably as he's had a lot more misfortune to contend with in his life than I. 

  Some conspiracy to wipe out white people ,he extrapolates a lot from JP saying you "should be yourself" "don`t engage in identity politics" which the latter`s an oxymoron if nowt else IMO  

Some interesting theories, but no real answer ,

  For me the answer is simple , if the PC Bullshith,  the pressure of self censorship the fad to label/pigeon hole everyone for any opinion they hold was removed from the world the problem would no longer exist 

I have predicted before ,what lead to the SJW pc bullshit ,which has lead to the situation we now face will be the same thing that kills it, social media/internet , SJW /ANTFIA is just a fad that will die like all other fads, if you ask me it`s already dying .   

Edited by Long time lurking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

In time. If they walk the right path.

I'm middle aged, and in control, but my early years were a mess of self doubt.

True, it takes time and effort, which is not for everyone. My 'journey' (hate that word) started in my early 20s when I read John Robinson's Honest to God which got me interested in Enlightenment thinkers and the ancient Greeks, particularly the Stoics. Then in my later twenties I was influenced a lot by Thomas Paine's The Age of Reason which got me interested in Deism; more recently I've read a lot of books on New Thought and at the moment I'm reading about early positive thinkers like Phineas Quimby and Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science. If I hadn't taken a degree and had gone down the marriage/kids/work treadmill route early on I probably wouldn't have got into all this and would  have turned to drink by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.