• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Banana

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Just the one.

I see people here are not as intellectually curious as me.

Nah, you've just conditioned is into assuming you're taking bollocks.

Just now, This Time said:

Nah, you've just conditioned is into assuming you're taking bollocks.

The question is what was he actually trying to type?

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I'm wondering what you've meant to type because it's come out as, and you'll laugh at this, "banana".

Snap

I'm allergic to bananas so I should click away.

This was one of the results of a food allergy test. How the f*** can someone be allergic to bananas?

I did get lost in a banana plantation once. It was like something out of Children of the Corn.

7 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I'm allergic to bananas so I should click away.

This was one of the results of a food allergy test. How the f*** can someone be allergic to bananas?

I did get lost in a banana plantation once. It was like something out of Children of the Corn.

In Surrey?  o.O

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

In Surrey?  o.O

No, Tenerife. We took the (hired) Jeep off the "beaten track" thinking we'd found a shortcut and ended up driving around a banana plantation for ages. We couldn't find a way out. Not least because the plants were so tall that you couldn't gain any sense of perspective, I think we went around in circles for ages. It became quite creepy.

The only things missing were the bees and the cloned children. (The X-Files)

1 minute ago, DTMark said:

No, Tenerife. We took the (hired) Jeep off the "beaten track" thinking we'd found a shortcut and ended up driving around a banana plantation for ages. We couldn't find a way out. Not least because the plants were so tall that you couldn't gain any sense of perspective, I think we went around in circles for ages. It became quite creepy.

The only things missing were the bees and the cloned children. (The X-Files)

I've only been to Tenerife once and was amazed by he number of banana plantations. Not where I would have expected them to be farmed. 

A useless bit of info was the taxi driver telling us that they will all die out because they cannot reproduce for some reason. Didn't really understand it. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I've only been to Tenerife once and was amazed by he number of banana plantations. Not where I would have expected them to be farmed. 

A useless bit of info was the taxi driver telling us that they will all die out because they cannot reproduce for some reason. Didn't really understand it. 

IIRC and I may not, while the banana is thought of as a fruit, it isn't - it is a herb.

The classification may have something to do with the manner of reproduction.

Someone far more knowledgeable than I can perhaps add clarity here.

6 minutes ago, DTMark said:

IIRC and I may not, while the banana is thought of as a fruit, it isn't - it is a herb.

The classification may have something to do with the manner of reproduction.

Someone far more knowledgeable than I can perhaps add clarity here.

Interesting article that explains it here.  

http://www.conservationmagazine.org/2008/09/the-sterile-banana/

because is the way it developed and has subsequently been cultivated, it has little resistance to disease