• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Banana

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Just the one.

I see people here are not as intellectually curious as me.

Nah, you've just conditioned is into assuming you're taking bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, This Time said:

Nah, you've just conditioned is into assuming you're taking bollocks.

The question is what was he actually trying to type?

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I'm wondering what you've meant to type because it's come out as, and you'll laugh at this, "banana".

Snap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm allergic to bananas so I should click away.

This was one of the results of a food allergy test. How the f*** can someone be allergic to bananas?

I did get lost in a banana plantation once. It was like something out of Children of the Corn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I'm allergic to bananas so I should click away.

This was one of the results of a food allergy test. How the f*** can someone be allergic to bananas?

I did get lost in a banana plantation once. It was like something out of Children of the Corn.

In Surrey?  o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

In Surrey?  o.O

No, Tenerife. We took the (hired) Jeep off the "beaten track" thinking we'd found a shortcut and ended up driving around a banana plantation for ages. We couldn't find a way out. Not least because the plants were so tall that you couldn't gain any sense of perspective, I think we went around in circles for ages. It became quite creepy.

The only things missing were the bees and the cloned children. (The X-Files)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DTMark said:

No, Tenerife. We took the (hired) Jeep off the "beaten track" thinking we'd found a shortcut and ended up driving around a banana plantation for ages. We couldn't find a way out. Not least because the plants were so tall that you couldn't gain any sense of perspective, I think we went around in circles for ages. It became quite creepy.

The only things missing were the bees and the cloned children. (The X-Files)

I've only been to Tenerife once and was amazed by he number of banana plantations. Not where I would have expected them to be farmed. 

A useless bit of info was the taxi driver telling us that they will all die out because they cannot reproduce for some reason. Didn't really understand it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I've only been to Tenerife once and was amazed by he number of banana plantations. Not where I would have expected them to be farmed. 

A useless bit of info was the taxi driver telling us that they will all die out because they cannot reproduce for some reason. Didn't really understand it. 

IIRC and I may not, while the banana is thought of as a fruit, it isn't - it is a herb.

The classification may have something to do with the manner of reproduction.

Someone far more knowledgeable than I can perhaps add clarity here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DTMark said:

IIRC and I may not, while the banana is thought of as a fruit, it isn't - it is a herb.

The classification may have something to do with the manner of reproduction.

Someone far more knowledgeable than I can perhaps add clarity here.

Interesting article that explains it here.  

http://www.conservationmagazine.org/2008/09/the-sterile-banana/

because is the way it developed and has subsequently been cultivated, it has little resistance to disease 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.