• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Long time lurking

Labour and equality ...bollocks

22 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Typical police: we're not doing anything because the only people suffering are white people who should just suck it up.

I wonder how they would react if people of colour were charged more?  

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Exactly.

"Non-whites £10 extra" would have half a dozen squad cars round there pronto.

Particularly galling is that the Labour Party is the party of the British working class, who traditionally tend to be white indigenous people. 

Talk about fucking over your roots. 

39 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Typical police: we're not doing anything because the only people suffering are white people who should just suck it up.

It's as endemically biased against white people as the Labour Party running the Conference.  It's a surprise that they don't charge white males more again as well.

How long before segregation for the best seats.

Edited by twocents

1 minute ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Labour are clearly indicating their future and thus their favours belong to minorities and ethnics. They care little about the traditional white heartlands; the question for those pin a red rosette on... / we've always voted Labour voters is when are they going to wise up an be more promiscuous with their votes?

No seat should ever be a safe seat!

Agree but if you are white working class, where do you place your vote?  Genuine question. 

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Agree but if you are white working class, where do you place your vote?  Genuine question. 

Indeed, UKIP did hoover up votes (without a Parliamentary breakthrough), but are now done. Liberals are a joke. Tories can't be trusted, certainly don't have a leader with whom they can connect. Labour look like a Totalitarian rable. Immensely difficult for something new to emerge.

It does not bode well.

Edited by Alonso Quijano

4 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Indeed, UKIP did hoover up votes (without a Parliamentary breakthrough), but are now done. Liberals are a joke. Tories can't be trusted, certainly don't have a leader with whom they can connect. Labour look like a Totalitarian, racist, sexist and nazi rable. Immensely difficult for something new to emerge.

It does not bode well.

The LibDems and Tories are little or no different to Labour.

Edited by twocents

I'd be really insulted by this if I were non-white as it's implying that non-whites aren't capable of paying their fair share. Well done Labour, you've managed to be racist against everyone.

I think that it does bode well.

I hate the Labour Party almost as much as BTLers.

The Labour Party under Steptoe are digging their own grave.

As Neil Kinnock said, he does not expect to see another Labour government in his lifetime.

25 minutes ago, twocents said:

It's as endemically biased against white people as the Labour Party running the Conference.  It's a surprise that they don't charge white males more again as well.

How long before segregation for the best seats.

Nightclubs have been charging men and letting women in for free for years.

Nothing changes.

2 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

The prices look to be a rip off whatever your age, gender or race.

I think it is the 'school trip' effect.  There appears to be a pile of people, often in the public sector, for whom those sorts of prices are just 'what it costs' -- oh, it'll be the price of a meal out, or 'just a trip to London to see a show costs £250' or something.  They don't seem to recognise the fact that £40 is a fair bit of money for most people

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Nothing changes.

That's still sexist but I think in that case it's with the tacit approval of the men 

9 minutes ago, Byron said:

I think that it does bode well.

I hate the Labour Party almost as much as BTLers.

The Labour Party under Steptoe are digging their own grave.

As Neil Kinnock said, he does not expect to see another Labour government in his lifetime.

Bloody hell, has Kinnock has said something worth listening to?

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Nothing changes.

I bet they'd make an exception for Abbot though

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

I think it is the 'school trip' effect.  There appears to be a pile of people, often in the public sector, for whom those sorts of prices are just 'what it costs' -- oh, it'll be the price of a meal out, or 'just a trip to London to see a show costs £250' or something.  They don't seem to recognise the fact that £40 is a fair bit of money for most people

The Labour Party will still like to put it in terms of typically less than a pint of beer a week (or a litre these days). 

Working people's terms while they blatantly renege on them.

10 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Nothing changes.

Shows how long it is since I went clubbing. 

I might try it again if it's free. Anyone know when the next grab a granny night is?  

18 minutes ago, This Time said:

I'd be really insulted by this if I were non-white as it's implying that non-whites aren't capable of paying their fair share. Well done Labour, you've managed to be racist against everyone.

Yes and if I were a youth or a parent of a youth attending a Labour Party Conference on their cheap Youth Pass I would be very wary of some youths being put on the fast track to trans ville for the sole purpose of political advantage of some sort.