• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Victor Spirescu, the ‘face of Romanian immigration', has died in a tragic car accident aged 33.

He was the first Romanian to work in the UK after immigration restrictions were lifted in 2014.

erm,

Channel 4 news used to be my favourite news show. I'm not sure who changed, me or them, but I can't stand it now.

2 minutes ago, Reebo said:

Channel 4 news used to be my favourite news show. I'm not sure who changed, me or them, but I can't stand it now.

Them. 

They used to offer a reasonably independent analysis (well for msm). About two or so years ago, they suddenly went all sjw, snowflake establishment shills. 

I cannot bare to watch it. 

39 minutes ago, Reebo said:

I used to watch it too for some (or more likely, more measured against the so-called-BBC and the blipvert stupidity of Fox/Sky) for at least getting some sort of analysis or attempt at journalism ... that was before the very, very widespread availability of streaming media, snowflake-ism, SJW poison and my exploring of the alternative news sources.

36 minutes ago, One percent said:

Them. 

They used to offer a reasonably independent analysis (well for msm). About two or so years ago, they suddenly went all sjw, snowflake establishment shills. 

This.  I can't stand it either.  I tend to time programs now for how long I feel my teeth starting to grind and an infuriating urge to kick the fuck out of the telly.

41 minutes ago, One percent said:

Them. 

I think the migrant crisis of 2015 was something of a crisis point for the MSM. They had to either side with the 'populists' and take a conservative line on mass immigration, or they had to push the open-borders marxist narrative. In general they chose the latter. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

2 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think the migrant crisis of 2015 was something of a crisis point for the MSM. They had to either side with the 'populists' and take a conservative line on mass immigration, or they had to push the open-borders marxist narrative. In general they chose the latter. 

Yep, good point. 

It is weird how there is no dissenting voice from the msm on anything. It's all gone full on tractor production.  The old USSR would be proud. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yep, good point. 

It is weird how there is no dissenting voice from the msm on anything. It's all gone full on tractor production.  The old USSR would be proud. 

What I find strange is how they allow dissent, but in a gritted-teeth way. The Jordan Peterson interview was a classic example. Somebody politely and rationally destroyed the arguments of the orthodox liberal/left, but instead of simply saying it was a good healthy debate, they had to push the narrative that Peterson was encouraging far-righters to threaten Mrs Newman, in order to subtly smear him by linking him with extremism. In fact the Peterson interview was very important because it showed what the media will do if token conservatives achieve too much popularity. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

17 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think the migrant crisis of 2015 was something of a crisis point for the MSM. They had to either side with the 'populists' and take a conservative line on mass immigration, or they had to push the open-borders marxist narrative. In general they chose the soy latter

FTFY. 

Kristian Guru Murthy is a bit annoying these days. Master of the art of interrupting your guests mid sentence.

After the disasterous Robert Downey Jr interview I guess he's kept away from the Hollyweird types now.

39 minutes ago, JFK said:

I used to watch it too for some (or more likely, more measured against the so-called-BBC and the blipvert stupidity of Fox/Sky) for at least getting some sort of analysis or attempt at journalism ... that was before the very, very widespread availability of streaming media, snowflake-ism, SJW poison and my exploring of the alternative news sources.

Max Headroom, wasn't it?

28 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I would far rather they didn't take any particular 'line' and delivered news. It's not called 'Channel 4 News and Opinion'.

I think any hope of that died when rolling 24 hour news started. The dead air has to be filled with all sorts of nonsense. 

21 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think any hope of that died when rolling 24 hour news started. The dead air has to be filled with all sorts of nonsense. 

Mentioned recently, I was watching (I think) an Adam Curtis documentary, and it featured a clip of a discussion between Isiah Berlin and Malcolm Muggeridge on the concept of negative liberty. And this was from a BBC programme, from the era when there were only two channels!

Why don't they fill the dead air with the likes of that?

16 minutes ago, eight said:

Mentioned recently, I was watching (I think) an Adam Curtis documentary, and it featured a clip of a discussion between Isiah Berlin and Malcolm Muggeridge on the concept of negative liberty. And this was from a BBC programme, from the era when there were only two channels!

Elitist, innit. 

45 minutes ago, eight said:

No no no , stuff like that get people thinking and that's the last thing TPTB want. much easier to rant about Trump, the poor migrants and innocent actresses being groped by randy old white men .... which brings us nicely full circle back to Trump.

3 minutes ago, satch said:

No no no , stuff like that get people thinking and that's the last thing TPTB want. much easier to rant about Trump, the poor migrants and innocent actresses being groped by randy old white men .... which brings us nicely full circle back to Trump.

'Thinking' is bad. 'Thinking' about things turns people into Jordan Peterson. Before long, they're upsetting the feelings of others with their 'thoughts'. 

2 hours ago, eight said:

Max Headroom, wasn't it?

Well spotted sir! *doffs cap*

(Just be careful not to explode!)

2 hours ago, UmBongo said:

Kristian Guru Murthy is a bit annoying these days. Master of the art of interrupting your guests mid sentence.

After the disasterous Robert Downey Jr interview I guess he's kept away from the Hollyweird types now.

Fucking irritating self-righteous little (well he's not little now, he's turning into a right fucking fatty porker) prick he is.  

Virtue signalling, strawman argument posing idiot.  Has less analytical 'talen't than Cathy, and that's not saying much is it!

40 minutes ago, JFK said:

Well spotted sir! *doffs cap*

(Just be careful not to explode!)

Fucking irritating self-righteous little (well he's not little now, he's turning into a right fucking fatty porker) prick he is.  

Virtue signalling, strawman argument posing idiot.  Has less analytical 'talen't than Cathy, and that's not saying much is it!

That's the Irish for yer.

3 hours ago, BigV said:

Not C4, but anyone have any thoughts on Wiki Tribune? I read an article in the Times, which stated they are aiming to deliver a neutral news site...

https://www.wikitribune.com

It's run by Arch SJW Jimmy Wales (WIkipedia) so I don't have much hope. The problems with Wikipedia will be replicated here too I suspect, that is, they put far too much emphasis on citing academics as the only real source, most of whom are very left wing.

4 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

What I find strange is how they allow dissent, but in a gritted-teeth way. The Jordan Peterson interview was a classic example. Somebody politely and rationally destroyed the arguments of the orthodox liberal/left, but instead of simply saying it was a good healthy debate, they had to push the narrative that Peterson was encouraging far-righters to threaten Mrs Newman, in order to subtly smear him by linking him with extremism. In fact the Peterson interview was very important because it showed what the media will do if token conservatives achieve too much popularity. 

It is a case of no platforming or public humiliation/vilification. They tired the latter this time and it backfired on them.

5 hours ago, One percent said:

Them. 

@Cunning Plan mode on>

Yeah you should be careful about that, some of these smart TVs have cameras which can be hacked.

@Cunning Plan mode off>