• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Will no one think of the bears - US Alaskan earthquake

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am not familiar with FB apps or with Police FB pages but is it usual for police to add thumbs up and tearful emojis to emergency warnings?

It's just part of the standard Facebook infrastructure. 

12 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am not familiar with FB apps or with Police FB pages but is it usual for police to add thumbs up and tearful emojis to emergency warnings?

That doesn't appear to be an effective evacuation.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

"Water receding from our harbour...citizens should remain in place"

You can fuck right off.

runaway.gif

This guy has - live stream from the shore. Some guy has pointed his camera at the blackness and is watching the water. Occasionally he sticks a star-sight in front of his camera.

(Bugger - the link will not post.)

Edited by The Masked Tulip

21 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

What do you want? A brass band? :) I think that video was taken within 5 or 10 minutes of the sirens going off so looks pretty effective all things considered.

Looks like stuck in traffic. If practical, I think I'd be scrabbling up the nearest hill in my goosedown jacket, if there was a hill nearby. Looks like that road is by the water and there are hills

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodiak,_Alaska#/media/File:Kodiak,_View_from_Pillar_Mountain.jpg

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This guy has - live stream from the shore. Some guy has pointed his camera at the blackness and is watching the water. Occasionally he sticks a star-sight in front of his camera.

https://twitter.com/news12_breaking/status/9557738503017512

"Sorry, that page doesn't exist!"

That'll teach them to hang about waiting for a tsunami.

According to the So-Called BBC radio this afternoon they were trying to justify the alert and everyone having to dash for high ground by saying that although the tsunami hadn't materialised someone on a boat at sea had noticed (what they had apparently calculated) a 32 foot swell after the quake.   I expect it must be possible to calculate that as precisely at sea.

I don't think that's all that unusual and it would normally end up on a beach with just a few waves.

Edited by twocents

Very good and a cheerful chappie.  Not exactly true wigwam living though and likely not bothered by petty planners there in Alaska.

Good luck to him. 

It's a thought for those sick and tired of tiny home living amongst the petty bureaucrats and government penny pinchers in Britain.

Edited by twocents