• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

The big Oxfam thread

Was on the radio the other day. Some daft bint going on about capitalism, wealthy having 90% of wealth - nothing to do with whether people in Africa are starving.

This is a combination of Brown stuff the 3rd sector with with cadre of loons. And hordes of SJW types not wanting to work for proper companies, so going to charitees instead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5305157/Oxfam-says-capitalism-blame-poverty.html

order order

https://order-order.com/2018/01/22/oxfam-go-full-corbynista/

Venezuela: Latin America's inequality success story

https://oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/venezuela-latin-americas-inequality-success-story/

Only a matter of time before:

How the Khmer Rogue achieve Asian equality

3 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

think in this case oxfam is correct, there's something wrong with the world, what we have isn't capitalism though

Nope.

Oxfam is meant to concentrate on famine - itsi nthe name.

The most successful means of getting rid of poverty has been market economies.

You can worry about inequality later, when there's no starving kids.

C9ompare South Korea and China to Africa. 50 years ago they had the same income.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Countries that cannot feed their children need to encourage people to have fewer. 

Well, thats another thing.

The population of Africa has quadrupled in the last 50 years.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

C9ompare South Korea and China to Africa. 50 years ago they had the same income.

South Korea - joint highest average IQ in the world;

Africa - most countries make up the group of the lowest average IQ in the world.

What do I win?

3 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Africa - most countries make up the group of the lowest average IQ in the world.

What do I win?

An all expenses paid trip with VSO to do good work in some shithole. 

Wasn't sure if this deserved a thread of its own

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42800271

Attackers have detonated explosives before storming the offices of the Save the Children charity in the eastern Afghan city of Jalalabad.

At least 11 people are reported injured so far.

A suspected suicide car bomb blast began the assault, with the gunmen now said to be using machine guns and RPGs from higher floors in the building.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Attackers have detonated explosives before storming the offices of the Save the Children charity in the eastern Afghan city of Jalalabad.

A suspected suicide car bomb blast began the assault, with the gunmen now said to be using machine guns and RPGs from higher floors in the building.

No sympathy whatsoever.

49 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

What do I win?

a bannana

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5309943/STEPHEN-GLOVER-wont-old-books-Oxfam.html

Every so often I collect together some books I no longer need, and take them to the Oxfam second-hand bookshop in Oxford, not far from where the organisation set up its first outlet in 1949.

Deep in my DNA is the thought that Oxfam was founded by decent people for good purposes — the alleviation of famine and poverty among the world’s poorest.

Somehow, a once well-meaning and politically neutral organisation has turned itself into a Corbynista anti-capitalist pressure group which recently tweeted on its official feed: ‘We have an extreme form of capitalism that only works for those at the top.’

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5309943/STEPHEN-GLOVER-wont-old-books-Oxfam.html

Every so often I collect together some books I no longer need, and take them to the Oxfam second-hand bookshop in Oxford, not far from where the organisation set up its first outlet in 1949.

Deep in my DNA is the thought that Oxfam was founded by decent people for good purposes — the alleviation of famine and poverty among the world’s poorest.

Somehow, a once well-meaning and politically neutral organisation has turned itself into a Corbynista anti-capitalist pressure group which recently tweeted on its official feed: ‘We have an extreme form of capitalism that only works for those at the top.’

may not be in their remit, but they're not wrong

On 1/24/2018 at 07:05, ashestoashes said:

think in this case oxfam is correct, there's something wrong with the world, what we have isn't capitalism though

Pointing out the imperfections in our societal system doesn't constitute an sensible argument in favour of an alternate system that has consistently proven to be far, far worse.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Pointing out the imperfections in our societal system doesn't constitute an sensible argument in favour of an alternate system that has consistently proven to be far, far worse.

that's why they are called comments and not proposals

On 1/24/2018 at 07:10, spygirl said:

Simpler, compare N Korea to S Korea. Same people. Historically, the same culture.

Which is the capitalist one, and which is the one in which millions starve?

I stopped going anywhere near Oxfam as a donor or customer after being buttonholed by one of their imbecile collectors at Glastonbury c 2001. They were on a debt forgiveness for Africa kick at the time and the silly fucker genuinely seemed to believe that, if we wrote off the various private sector debts, that the money would magically end up feeding the poor rather than buying a new fleet of Mercedes S Classes for the ruling kleptocrats. I told her that I didn't feel like taking a hit on my pension so that Mobuto Sese Seko could buy another lake of Cristal to feed to his harem of hookers whilst he was fucking them up the arse and the look of incomprehension told me everything I needed to know about how monumentally fucking stupid the entire organization was. 

13 hours ago, spygirl said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5309479/Oxfam-facing-backlash-anti-capitalist-tweet.html

Its chief executive Mark Goldring was paid £127,753, according to last year's accounts, and the charity received £177million in public funds.

As has been mentioned elsewhere 'overseas charity' is one of the fronts intelligence agencies like to operate under and one of the means national governments fund money to foreign political factions they support. The British state uses them for this purpose and so do a lot of Islamic militant groups. The fact you can part fund the activity with money that you con out of gullible suckers among the general public makes such organizations even more attractive to those who wish to manipulate them. 

On 1/24/2018 at 07:42, One percent said:

I'm sure they have their reasons? but the IS claiming to be behind the attack on Save the Children is a bit strange as STC has been reported by some to be one of the Soros funded NGOs involved in illegal people smuggling off the coast of North Africa - and that might easily include a number of the IS fighters (as there are no checks made on who the people being smuggled are or where they come from).

Edited by twocents

I knew a girl who worked as a manager in an Oxfam shop and she was made to work all hours for fuck all and no job security.

And whereas in the old days it was old folk who shopped in charity shops, it seems now to be a mixture of workshy migrants spending their benefit money, BTL-ers getting cheap furniture for their hovels, and the occasional SJW.

Fuck them all, and fuck Oxfam.

Thankyouandgoodnight.

;)

Edited by JoeDavola

49 minutes ago, twocents said:

I'm sure they have their reasons? but the IS claiming to be behind the attack on Save the Children is a bit strange as STC has been reported by some to be one of the Soros funded NGOs involved in illegal people smuggling off the coast of North Africa - and that might easily include a number of the IS fighters (as there are no checks made on who the people being smuggled are or where they come from).

On the other hand, IS feels at times like a ragtag alliance, rather than a well-disciplined hierarchically organised military. So it's quite likely that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Additionally - out of all the recent terrorist atrocities, although many of the perpetrators were recent immigrants, I can't think of a single one off the top of my head that crossed the Med in a dinghy. I could be wrong though.

4 hours ago, DeepLurker said:

On the other hand, IS feels at times like a ragtag alliance, rather than a well-disciplined hierarchically organised military. So it's quite likely that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Additionally - out of all the recent terrorist atrocities, although many of the perpetrators were recent immigrants, I can't think of a single one off the top of my head that crossed the Med in a dinghy. I could be wrong though.

I think they're often  more coordinated than rag tag especially for large high profile target attacks but it's possible that the word hasn't got back to some in Afghanistan - but then I question why specifically STC which is quite a high profile organisation.  Normally large headline attacks do have some sort of reasoning in terms of magnitude of impact and not necessarily always that straightforward.

The NGO boats are reported to systematically pick up "refugees" very close to the coast of North Africa and in their thousands so there's no need for them to attempt a dingy crossing there especially with the distance involved.  I'm also not aware of any of that type so far (perpetrators crossed the Med in a dinghy - off the top of my head) but all the full details of all the attacks in the eu and elsewhere aren't reported so it's still possible that there have been some .  The NGO mass pick ups only started in recent years (apparently) so who knows what's in store.  I think some of the IS fighters being amongst the reported one to two millions or so of unchecked migrants so far and perhaps millions more to come is very likely.

(random links just taken from a brief search)

Edited by twocents