• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Presidents' Club - FT Report

Links for those who haven't read it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42801178

https://www.ft.com/content/075d679e-0033-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

First off, and to be clear, this open groping of waitresses is out of order.  I'm not defending it.

But:

This is the lead story on the So-Called BBC radio news and on their homepage.

This is in the FT and, whilst I haven't read it for years, using undercover journalists for sex stories, this one by the improbable name of Madison Marriage, is really not what they do.  This is News of the World territory.

So:

Why has the FT suddenly dived into the world of sex romp stories?

Why has the So-Called BBC been leading with this non-story all day?

Do you possibly think that they want to nobble somebody and, given both their leanings, that it is someone or several people who support Brexit and either UKIP or the Conservative party?

This stinks to high heaven.

Tbh any male only organisation is going to be a target for attack by the PC media and establishment. It doesn't matter how much good they do and how minor their transgressions, they're going to be brought down by fair means or foul. 

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Links for those who haven't read it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42801178

https://www.ft.com/content/075d679e-0033-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

First off, and to be clear, this open groping of waitresses is out of order.  I'm not defending it.

But:

This is the lead story on the So-Called BBC radio news and on their homepage.

This is in the FT and, whilst I haven't read it for years, using undercover journalists for sex stories, this one by the improbable name of Madison Marriage, is really not what they do.  This is News of the World territory.

So:

Why has the FT suddenly dived into the world of sex romp stories?

Why has the So-Called BBC been leading with this non-story all day?

Do you possibly think that they want to nobble somebody and, given both their leanings, that it is someone or several people who support Brexit and either UKIP or the Conservative party?

This stinks to high heaven.

There is a pretty high smell of bullshit or at the very least, gross exaggeration about this.

I also notice that David Walliams - the 'act' for that night has described himself as being 'appalled'.

Yes, the man who dresses up as a woman who pisses herself on supermarket floors is 'appalled'. Well shit.

Downright scary how quickly organisations either distance themselves or completely fold at the mere mention of a pinched bum. While it's not acceptable the absolute scorched-earth, nuclear apocalypse response, usually within hours, is just ridiculous.

Ah, here we go. Courtesy of Russia Today the first intended victim of this operation:

Tory MP faces calls to resign after attending ‘sordid’ men-only charity dinner

Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi – who attended a men-only elite charity dinner where young women paid as hostesses were reportedly groped, flashed at and propositioned for sex – is facing calls to stand down.

It comes as businessman David Meller, chair of the trust which organized the dinner, was forced to resign as the Education Department’s non-executive director.

https://www.rt.com/uk/416874-zahawi-resign-sexual-harassment/

They are going to run with this all week with smears and guilt by association.

It is just blatant, straight out of the bureau of dirty tricks.

One amusing thing to come out of this for me was that the person who originally won, at another event, the opportunity for afternoon Tea with Mark Carney wanted their raffle prize so little that they donated it as a auction prize to the Presidents' Club dinner.

Groping aside, which is bad behaviour, the whole thing stinks.

Edited by Hopeful

If you want to attend a men only evening you really need to attend a Bus Spotters convention.

Hope the papers will now be sending a few investigators to some Ladies Nights.

Edited by Virgil Caine

But 'Smoking Concerts, 'Gentlemens Dinner Parties' etc. take place all over the UK, even in remote parts of Wales such as Llanidloes (I wasn't there, honest)

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

For the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't there.

And I might not know anyone that was.

If you were born with a cock then you're still responsible, at least until you cut it off.

1 minute ago, Byron said:

But 'Smoking Concerts, 'Gentlemens Dinner Parties' etc. take place all over the UK, even in remote parts of Wales such as Llanidloes (I wasn't there, honest)

They will all be banned.

As will stag events.

Another nail in the coffin of freedom.

Bit of a dum story.

The suction has a v naff Stringfellowish feel about it.

Maybe they coukd get a male reporter to be a stripper at a hen party and report back?

35 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

All male event. 130 attractive models as hostesses. I'm shocked that sexually inappropriate behaviour occurred at this event. The last time I was this shocked was when I went to the pub and there were drunk people.

The ft journos was not attractive.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/presidents-club-to-shut-down-after-groping-and-sexual-harassment-allegations-at-menonly-charity-a3748876.html

This should save me a few bob. Next time I am approached by a chugger from Great Ormonde Street Hospital I shall say, sorry lad, but I am a raucous male who likes to see young women in short dresses. And I dare say that the chugger will back away in horror and say, well, I know that the the hospital needs the money to help children in screaming pain, but better that they should remain in agony than be contaminated by your un PC donations.

49 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

All part of the demonising men onslaught.

Going to be a sad world when the SJW and BBC manage to 'castrate' all men.

The political fallout is obviously part of this.

Not sure how much longer we'll need the ' ' s. :(

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

All male event. 130 attractive models as hostesses. I'm shocked that sexually inappropriate behaviour occurred at this event. The last time I was this shocked was when I went to the pub and there were drunk people.

That must have been terrible for you. I hope you're able to overcome the nightmares it must have brought on.

43 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Bit of a dum story.

The suction has a v naff Stringfellowish feel about it.

Maybe they coukd get a male reporter to be a stripper at a hen party and report back?

The ft journos was not attractive.

There is no news in this story. If there was any physical assault it could and should be reported. There was no need for an expose, which I think is more about Ms Marriage than anything else.

To my viewing, when the FT journalist was interviewed by Evan Davis she seemed very nervous when she made some of her assertions, as if she was knew she was over egging it. I could be very wrong of course

And there were 130 women there so would not one at least have taken it to the police without need for a journalist expose.

7 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

There is no news in this story. If there was any physical assault it could and should be reported.

Without media coverage. Else there can be no fair trial.