• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JFK

Mark E Smith dies ...

Recommended Posts

Mark E Smith, "singer", songwriter and basically The Fall has karked it.

Sad times.  One of my fave bands, seen The Fall a few times, each one a unique experience! Mostly shambolic tbf but 'interesting'

https://anonym.to/?https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mark-e-smith-frontman-apos-202225800.html

https://anonym.to/?https://anonym.to/?https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mark-e-smith-frontman-apos-202225800.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JFK said:

Mark E Smith, "singer", songwriter and basically The Fall has karked it.

Sad times.  One of my fave bands, seen The Fall a few times, each one a unique experience! Mostly shambolic tbf but 'interesting'

https://anonym.to/?https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mark-e-smith-frontman-apos-202225800.html

https://anonym.to/?https://anonym.to/?https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mark-e-smith-frontman-apos-202225800.html

 

Saw the Fall in Munich once.

British People in Hot Weather!

the So-Called BBC got the scoop though, announcing his death in March 2017!

C6QrozsVMAAqf-K.jpg

Edited by davidg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davidg said:

Saw the Fall in Munich once.

British People in Hot Weather!

the So-Called BBC got the scoop though, announcing his death in March 2017!

C6QrozsVMAAqf-K.jpg

Only seen The Fall a couple of times, one of my most memorable times was them playing at the Hacienda in manc, I was on my tod so popped into the pub across the road to get a couple of pints in - there was the band. Mark E was buying fucking whiskey chasers. 

They were all fucked up.

I thought 'this is going to be an interesting gig'

It was a bit shambolic (!) but full of energy and great moments.  Mark E fucked off backstage at one point and he was still 'stinging' whilst the band played on. think he had gone fora  piss actually.

Lots of pogo'ing by the audience and a very enjoyable gig actually (apart from the totally pissed up twat in front of me who was bouncing around the place into people, smashed into me, crushed my fucking foot - so gave him a good shove, then he tried to act all the hard man with his bird to me. Told him to back off and fuck off or I'd smash his teeth down his throad he'd be shitting them for a week.  I was much more aggressive in my younger days lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the fall in Germany.  A punter threw a pint of lager over him, smith disapppeared stage left and then appeared in the audience and punched the bloke straight in the face.  The band continued playing and he went back and joined them. He didn't mention it at all! They were in there smart suit phrase and he didn't appreciate it being ruined. 

Rip you old git.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chicker said:

Saw the fall in Germany.  A punter threw a pint of lager over him, smith disapppeared stage left and then appeared in the audience and punched the bloke straight in the face.  The band continued playing and he went back and joined them. He didn't mention it at all! They were in there smart suit phrase and he didn't appreciate it being ruined. 

Rip you old git.

That is fucking class.

I wouldn't expect anything less from the legend of Mark E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

John Peel's favourite band, those were the days

"Always different, always the same" he once said. Spot on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think we've solved the mystery of Stephen Hawking's double. 

They'll have to find a new one now!

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, chicker said:

Saw the fall in Germany.  A punter threw a pint of lager over him, smith disapppeared stage left and then appeared in the audience and punched the bloke straight in the face.  The band continued playing and he went back and joined them. He didn't mention it at all!

Few years ago saw Stiff Little Fingers lead singer Jake Burns do something similar. He was half through Wasted Life, wearing a rather fetching cream cable knit cardigan, when a plastic pint was launched from the audience. I picked up it's trajectory as it was lit by a spotlight. I stared thinking that's going to....

It did. The plastic pint of Fosters hit Jake just below his neck, spraying him spectacularly.

He stopped playing. The rest of the band stopped playing. He walked off stage, the rest of the band followed him. They didn't come back.

I said similar....    

Best tribute so far.

https://www.channel4.com/news/a-tribute-to-the-falls-mark-e-smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should have seen what it was like at a punk gig years ago, showers of plastic glasses and gob heading for the stage. Them were the days

Edited by Panther

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Panther said:

You should have seen what it was like at a punk gig years ago, showers of plastic glasses and gob heading for the stage. Them were the days

saw one of the stranglers catch a bottle mid air take a swig said it tastes likes piss then drank the rest,it could have well been piss in those days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.