• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic Apple

Weird note through the door - Asking for info regarding car theft - Not Rozzers!

Someone popped to my door today and dropped a hand written* note on some letter head belonging to "The Cotswold Group" asking me to call them regarding the theft of next doors beamer a few months ago. By the looks of it they may be an insurance fraud investigator. I know nothing, there is nothing factual I can tell them, all I know came from next door but one and is simply hearsay. Should I just ignore it? I'm guessing they have no power and its entirely voluntary.

* spiders would have done a better job

Oh come on, have some fun.  

"I am a minority ethnic UK citizen.  I am concerned that your letter implies I was involved in car theft because of my race.  Please send me the contact details of your compliance officer so I can request a copy of your anti-discrimination policies"

etc etc

29 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Someone popped to my door today and dropped a hand written* note on some letter head belonging to "The Cotswold Group" asking me to call them regarding the theft of next doors beamer a few months ago. By the looks of it they may be an insurance fraud investigator. I know nothing, there is nothing factual I can tell them, all I know came from next door but one and is simply hearsay. Should I just ignore it? I'm guessing they have no power and its entirely voluntary.

* spiders would have done a better job

Did it say "Can we have the car back"?