• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Schools to do everything

Sometimes you just want to shout 'why' and look everywhere for the little things that would have averted tragedy, or (in this case), stopped some of the pain.

But shitty things happen.  And, as much as you shout and beat your chest, it doesn't make it go away.

42 minutes ago, spygirl said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-42612997

Tragic and all that, surely shed ring up daily and speak to her partner and kids?

When im working away, i ring before and after school.

The schools not there to act as a babysitter.

Tif, the school should have been round there before they didn’t not turn up.  You know, to make them breakfast, get them dressed, make sure they brush their teeth.  

As they should for every single pupil on register. 

Sometimes it seems that parents wants the state to take over every aspect of parenting. 

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

Tif, the school should have been round there before they didn’t not turn up.  You know, to make them breakfast, get them dressed, make sure they brush their teeth.  

As they should for every single pupil on register. 

Sometimes it seems that parents wants the state to take over every aspect of parenting. 

I know its ridiculous.

Shes obviously projecting her guilt on the school but why should be fucking BBC indulge her FFS?

I mean, what if the school secretary is off ill?

Its nuts, BBC should not be indulging her.

The time is stupid to- 24h.

Again, when I away I ring before the kids go to school, then when they get back - 74am and 330pm.

Then Id typically ring after theyve gone to bed.

The artilce implies Dad died in the night. It happens. But this sort of stuff is very rare and it sounds like he had a known heart condition, so Id question why she was not in touch more often.

Very grim tale. Poor kids and poor guy.

To be honest, if a kid doesn't turn up and the school has two sets of mobiles, it's not beyond the pale to have them ring mum and dad.

That said, there is very little precedent for this sort of thing I'd imagine. Nobody would have wanted that to happen.

Tragic all round.

12 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

This is a sad story, i'am dissapointed with this thread. :(

No.

I feel sad for the woman. Its the media, indugling her trying to blame someone else.

Its a rare, horrid thing. But its not the schools fault.

From the Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5326537/Children-spent-day-dead-fathers-body.html

'Mrs Daykin had rung her husband in the morning and received no response, but thought he was too busy with the children or could not find his phone. She was on a train when she was eventually told of his death. '

Shes epxecting the school to do her run around for her. How come she can assume he's lost his phone but the school cannot?
What should have happened is that the media should have listened to her and said - This is are but sad thing and let her go away.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No.

I feel sad for the woman. Its the media, indugling her trying to blame someone else.

Its a rare, horrid thing. But its not the schools fault.

From the Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5326537/Children-spent-day-dead-fathers-body.html

'Mrs Daykin had rung her husband in the morning and received no response, but thought he was too busy with the children or could not find his phone. She was on a train when she was eventually told of his death. '

Shes epxecting the school to do her run around for her. How come she can assume he's lost his phone but the school cannot?
What should have happened is that the media should have listened to her and said - This is are but sad thing and let her go away.

Yes i agree can't project it onto the school. 

This is why women should be at home with the kids. 

(not a popular view and these things do happen sadly) 

Just now, WorkingPoor said:

Eh?  So, do you suggest with him so that they are a Bennie family, or should he be the breadwinner?  How would that have made a difference?

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

No. What if she had the heart condition?

Someone should be with the kids - Dad or Mum.

Im jsut a bit curious if this was an out of the blue event. Or whether Hubby had a known heart condition, in which case she ought to have been checking on him more.

If I was away I would call my wife in the evening. If she didn't answer, I would send a few texts. By midnight, I would have called a neighbour, friend or family member.

If I still couldn't get hold of anyone I would have cancelled my meeting and legged it home.

This lady knows she should have done all this but is trying to ease her guilt by shifting the blame. So now there are several people feeling guilty.

Tragic but she needs to accept the failings were hers and hers alone.