• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Spot the mysogynistic statement here

58 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5327709/Ask-GP-banish-misery-restless-legs.html

i really thought this kind of though died out in the 70s. 

Can anyone else spot it?

Therefore, the first step you should take is to ensure that your wife’s GP has tested her iron levels and that any deficiency is corrected with a supplement

maybe the wife is the property of the man, all part and parcel

Not sure about misogynistic statements but its clearly missing an in-depth expose on the effects of the syndrome on the LGBTQXYZPNOPEQWERTY community.

Oh oh, is it this:

Therefore, the first step you should take is to ensure that your wife’s GP has tested her iron levels and that any deficiency is corrected with a supplement.

The opening question made no reference to the wifes gender, assuming that the person stealing the covers, keeping you up and generally being a pain in the arse is female is misogynistic?

Edited by Cosmic Apple

Nothing there that meets the definition of misogyny as far as I can tell..  no obvious contempt or dislike for females.

The article does seem to have been aimed at men though,  suggesting that they care for their wives..   I presume because the condition predominantly affects women?  (though this is not explicitly stated in the article).

Certainly can't see anything derogatory in there..

40 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

Therefore, the first step you should take is to ensure that your wife’s GP has tested her iron levels and that any deficiency is corrected with a supplement

maybe the wife is the property of the man, all part and parcel

13 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Not sure about misogynistic statements but its clearly missing an in-depth expose on the effects of the syndrome on the LGBTQXYZPNOPEQWERTY community.

Oh oh, is it this:

Therefore, the first step you should take is to ensure that your wife’s GP has tested her iron levels and that any deficiency is corrected with a supplement.

The opening question made no reference to the wifes gender, assuming that the person stealing the covers, keeping you up and generally being a pain in the arse is female is misogynistic?

Well done!!!

And the booby prize goes to @Libspero  B|xD

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I still can’t work out what you think was wrong. Are you seriously suggesting that assuming the person referred to as “wife” to be female is misogynistic? 

You need to be of the mindset that everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is a cunting SJW cause to see it. I'm getting too good at it :(

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I still can’t work out what you think was wrong. Are you seriously suggesting that assuming the person referred to as “wife” to be female is misogynistic? 

Nope it is the way that it assumes that it is the responsibility of the husband to ensure that his little wife gets the treatment she needs.,  As if she is chattel and unable to organise her own healthcare

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well done!!!

And the booby prize goes to @Libspero  B|xD

Oh I see...  because the wife could be a man!

How very modern of us..  still not sure how that's misogynistic though.   Surely just a gender assumption?

Either way,   as a fully paid up red blooded male I'll happily take the booby prize..  seems like a fitting reward for failing the misogyny test !

1 minute ago, Cosmic Apple said:

You need to be of the mindset that everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is a cunting SJW cause to see it. I'm getting too good at it :(

I'm not a raving loon feminist SJW but I didn't particularly like the tone of the article

2 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

seems to be saying he should instruct the wife's GP inferring this is beyond her or it is his responsibility

1 hour ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5327709/Ask-GP-banish-misery-restless-legs.html

i really thought this kind of though died out in the 70s. 

Can anyone else spot it?

The article reads as if it is talking about a female medical condition but is written for husbands of women. If you are a woman and have no husband who is going to take you to the doctor.

If your wife is taking any of these, she should discuss this with her doctor.

I can't be bothered reading any further than above.

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Oh I see...  because the wife could be a man!

How very modern of us..  still not sure how that's misogynistic though.   Surely just a gender assumption?

Either way,   as a fully paid up red blooded male I'll happily take the booby prize..  seems like a fitting reward for failing the misogyny test !

bugger out of reps! :)

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The article reads as if it is talking about a female medical condition but is written for husbands of women. If you are a woman and have no husband who is going to take you to the doctor.

I can't be bothered reading any further than above.

Well clearly, you will die...

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Nope it is the way that it assumes that it is the responsibility of the husband to ensure that his little wife gets the treatment she needs.,  As if she is chattel and unable to organise her own healthcare

no such assumption was made.  the mere fact that person raised the question means he is sick of the wife not taking action.  This implies she/he/it is indeed afraid of seeking medical advice.

Its not mysogeny to care about a loved one unless you are 19-25 Uni educated child who sees intersectionality as a valid idea to be followed through producing the mindset that every thought you have is problematic.

Many people wont go to the doctor.  some manly men in my office wont go. 

Edited by BLOOLOO

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I'm not a raving loon feminist SJW but I didn't particularly like the tone of the article

Hmm just look at all the shit out there were its the other way around... stupid man won't get checked up etc.etc. wife needs to make him etc. 

1 minute ago, BLOOLOO said:

no such assumption was made.  the mere fact that person raised the question means he is sick of the wife not taking action.  This implies she/he/it is indeed afraid of seeking medical advice.

Its not mysogeny to care about a loved one unless you are 19-25 Uni educated child who sees intersectionality as a valid idea to be followed through producing the mindset that every though you have is problematic.

Many people wont go to the doctor.  some manly men in my office wont go. 

women are very good at looking after their health, the fact the husband is asking probably means she's been keeping him up for years with her leg movement and is there any hope of him getting a good nights sleep in the future