• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Frank Hovis

Formula 1 Grid Girls axed

8 hours ago, Fully Detached said:

Well true, but an honest reporter would be out of F1 in no time, particularly now Liberty Media have taken it over. I have a horrible feeling it's going to look more like WWF in a few years time.

Euuuurgh, Vettel and Hammy in leotards. Blueeergh!

It seems they are trying to phase out boys and girls at primary school, you can only address then as "children" (which doesn't assume their gender or something).

Local church had a school in for some event, organisers asked for a couple of (strong) boys to help clear up.... no! Told you couldn't do that anymore and had to ask for children!  This is the kind of ridiculous nonsense they are getting before 11, their minds will full of all sorts of mush by the time they are 18.

50 minutes ago, eight said:

Indycar season finale last night had MC Hammer.

Shhh....don't tell Silverstone.

Perfectly happy with Mel C or Billy Ocean. Sonoma of that talk, thank you.

Singapore F1 had some band nobody knows.

The Killers.

Jay Chou, Martin Garrix, Dua Lipa and Liam Gallagher. O.o

5 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

It seems they are trying to phase out boys and girls at primary school, you can only address then as "children" (which doesn't assume their gender or something).

Local church had a school in for some event, organisers asked for a couple of (strong) boys to help clear up.... no! Told you couldn't do that anymore and had to ask for children!  This is the kind of ridiculous nonsense they are getting before 11, their minds will full of all sorts of mush by the time they are 18.

Transport for London was also banned from using the term 'ladies and gentlemen' last year by the trans campaigners. The pace at which the left are removing words is impressive. 

2 hours ago, maudit said:

Transport for London was also banned from using the term 'ladies and gentlemen' last year by the trans campaigners. The pace at which the left are removing words is impressive. 

So, to make their announcements inclusive, should staff now state over the tannoy: "Ladies and gentlemen, and those who haven't made up their mind what they are, the next train will be arriving in five minutes."?

Dunno if it's been discussed elsewhere on Dosbods, but RT have a documentary called "I want my sex back: Transgender people who regretted changing sex". It's on utoob. Not seen it.

Edited by Gordie Lastchance

4 hours ago, Gordie Lastchance said:

So, to make their announcements inclusive, should staff now state over the tannoy: "Ladies and gentlemen, and those who haven't made up their mind what they are, the next train will be arriving in five minutes."?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/transport-for-london-scraps-ladies-and-gentlemen-from-tannoy-announcements-in-genderneutral-move-a3586336.html

"Transport workers across London have been told to stop using the words “ladies and gentlemen” in tannoy announcements to customers in a city-wide bid to become more gender-neutral.

Bosses at Transport for London told staff to use terms such as “good morning everyone” instead of the more traditional gendered greeting.

All new pre-recorded announcements are also set to be changed to new phrases.

If follows months of campaigning by LGBTQ+ activists who appealed to Mayor of London Sadiq Khan to change the “outdated” language which is commonly used by train and bus drivers."

I think its sad as another tiny tradition erased, a few more words gone.

5 hours ago, Gordie Lastchance said:

Dunno if it's been discussed elsewhere on Dosbods, but RT have a documentary called "I want my sex back: Transgender people who regretted changing sex". It's on utoob. Not seen it.

Not seen it but will try to take a look when I get a chance. I think for those with rapid onset the rate of regret was something like 80%? but that was before blockers and cross hormones use was prevalent. Will be harder to study in the future due to the irreversible nature of the treatment when started so young.

50 minutes ago, eight said:

So does anybody still watch Formula 1? I've discovered that I don't any more.

I've pretty much lost all interest, couldn't tell you the last time I watched a whole race from start to finish.

2 hours ago, eight said:

So does anybody still watch Formula 1? I've discovered that I don't any more.

Only sport I watch is the world cup, and the odd wimbledon game. Used to love F1 as a young kid though, the jackie steward days. Didn't watch any of the last olympics, one problem being that they focus on all the most tedious sports like track and field.

1 hour ago, Sugarlips said:

Some nice looking grid girls at the Bathurst qualifying earlier, not that I was looking ;)

Aye it's a bit more real at the V8 supercars bash. Especially the crowd - open fires, bbqs, gallons of piss & partying. 

2 hours ago, ILikeCake said:

I've pretty much lost all interest, couldn't tell you the last time I watched a whole race from start to finish.

Weeeooww, wheeoowww, zooommmm, and it's into the chicane, but he's lost it and now the other ones' in front!!!1!!11!

wheeoow, zzummmm (continue until fall asleep)

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

Weeeooww, wheeoowww, zooommmm, and it's into the chicane, but he's lost it and now the other ones' in front!!!1!!11!

If only that actually happened! You're talking more "action" there than in half a season of F1....

I used to be as big a fan as you could imagine. The fact that I didn't even know it was the Japanese GP this weekend until after qualifying had taken place is the most telling aspect.

33 minutes ago, eight said:

If only that actually happened! You're talking more "action" there than in half a season of F1....

I used to be as big a fan as you could imagine. The fact that I didn't even know it was the Japanese GP this weekend until after qualifying had taken place is the most telling aspect.

Ditto.

I now rely on this thread for my F1 info. Was hoping that Bernie selling up would revitalise it but ... nah. Just as bland as it has been for a decade or more.