• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What Myers-Briggs type are you?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What Myers-Briggs Type are you?

• INTJ - Architect (ANALYST)
    • INTP - Logician (ANALYST)
    • ENTJ - Commander (ANALYST)
    • ENTP - Debater (ANALYST)
    • INFJ - Advocate (DIPLOMAT)
    • INFP - Mediator (DIPLOMAT)
    • ENFJ - Protagonist (DIPLOMAT)
    • ENFP - Campaigner (DIPLOMAT)
    • ISTJ - Logistician (SENTINEL)
    • ISFJ - Defender (SENTINEL)
    • ESTJ - Executive (SENTINEL)
    • ESFJ - Consul (SENTINEL)
    • ISTP - Virtuoso (EXPLORER)
    • ISFP - Adventurer (EXPLORER)
    • ESTP - Entrepeneur (EXPLORER)
    • ESFP - Entertainer (EXPLORER)

Didn't take the linked test. But have taken it several times professionally, same result every time - INTJ.

Just did the linked test in the OP - INTJ

Edited by Hopeful

Interesting, thanks for that

Individual traits: Introverted – 81%, Intuitive – 69%, Thinking – 83%, Prospecting – 57%, Turbulent – 56%
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Constant Improvement

LOGICIAN (INTP-T)

Edited by Fossildog

5 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

Interesting, thanks for that

Individual traits: Introverted – 81%, Intuitive – 69%, Thinking – 83%, Prospecting – 57%, Turbulent – 56%
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Constant Improvement

LOGICIAN (INTP-T)

Update the poll please!

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Snap.  What does it mean? We are a bunch of grumpy old sods?

It means you are.  I prefer the sign off line on the type:

many fictional villains are modeled on this personality type.

maxresdefault.jpg

ENTP (Debater type)

I rather approve of the defining quote too:

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ’crack-pot’ than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.

Logician (INTP-t)

But a mate once told me that we were both INTJ...and that was why neither of us could meet women we got on with, cause INTJ's are such a small percentage of the population.

#Rationalization

Personality type: “The Architect” (INTJ-T)
Individual traits: Introverted – 63%, Intuitive – 59%, Thinking – 74%, Judging – 72%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Constant Improvement

I've just noticed that the suffix letter means something, I thought they were all the same but noted that Mark has INTJ - T whereas I had INTJ - A, what's your suffix @One percent?

This is a "strategy" layer:

Strategies

The Strategy layer shows our preferred ways of doing things and achieving goals. There are four strategies:

Confident Individualism (Introverted and Assertive [ I___-A ] types)

Confident Individualists prefer doing things alone, choosing to rely on their own skills and instincts as opposed to seeking contact with other people. They know what they are good at and have high self-confidence. These personality types firmly believe that personal responsibility and trust in yourself are very important values. Confident Individualists do not pay much attention to other people’s opinions and prefer to rely on themselves.

Constant Improvement (Introverted and Turbulent [ I___-T ] types)

Constant Improvers are quiet, individualistic people. They tend to be perfectionistic and success-driven, often spending a lot of time and effort making sure that the result of their work is the best it can be. As their name says, Constant Improvers are high achieving individuals dedicated to their craft – however, they also tend to worry too much about their performance.

https://www.16personalities.com/articles/our-theory

Pretty sure was INT-J before but now morphed into ENFP, but then years ago would probably never have listened to the likes of Molyneux. The supporting text rings true though. 

CAMPAIGNER PERSONALITY (ENFP, -A/-T)

Campaigners are fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom.
Campaigners’ self-esteem is dependent on their ability to come up with original solutions, and they need to know that they have the freedom to be innovative – they can quickly lose patience or become dejected if they get trapped in a boring role.

I also wonder to what extent the result is a product of our environment. For instance the personality type that I have fits what I do rather well.

I'm probably not the only one who sometimes reflects on "where life might have gone". That doesn't imply that I, or anyone else, is necessarily unhappy with where it did go, but, for instance, there are creative aspects to my personality which were much more evident when I was younger and I wonder what might have been were I to have gone down a different career path.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've just noticed that the suffix letter means something, I thought they were all the same but noted that Mark has INTJ - T whereas I had INTJ - A, what's your suffix @One percent?

This is a "strategy" layer:

https://www.16personalities.com/articles/our-theory

I am and INTJ-T.

The T makes sense with what you quoted Frank and explains my approaches to things almost to perfection.