• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Special, special, special snowflakes

2 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

I think the majority of them are thick as pig shit which is why we only see the brightest dozen or so.

I would love to see a version of question time where the panel was picked at random and no one could refuse. 

Let the public see what kind of moronic twats are really sitting in the commons.

The towering intellects of David Davis and  that ghastly Rudd woman are among the brightest, you think? :CryBaby:  

Shocking thought.

8 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

The towering intellects of David Davis and  that ghastly Rudd woman are among the brightest, you think? :CryBaby:  

Shocking thought.

Exactly. Makes you wonder what the third XV are like!

9 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Shocking thought.

David Davis is pretty much my favourite MP. He seems to be the only person in parliament with any respect for traditional British values and liberties.

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

David Davis is pretty much my favourite MP. He seems to be the only person in parliament with any respect for traditional British values and liberties.

That's as may be (you would have hoped those things you mention would be more common), but towering intellect he is not. I don't dislike him either, but his Kilroy-Silk-style vanity and lack of intellectual rigour is a big disadvantage in that key Brexit role, He probably doesn't need to be a rocket scientist, but he does need enough self-awareness to know his limitations.

I hope he has MUCH brighter advisers, but that doesn't appear to be the case so far, either that or his advisers are actually working against him and he's a patsy.

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

That's as may be (you would have hoped those things you mention would be more common), but towering intellect he is not. I don't dislike him either, but his Kilroy-Silk-style vanity and lack of intellectual rigour is a big disadvantage in that key Brexit role, He probably doesn't need to be a rocket scientist, but he does need enough self-awareness to know his limitations.

I hope he has MUCH brighter advisers, but that doesn't appear to be the case so far, either that or his advisers are actually working against him and he's a patsy.

^^^ this.  

7 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

And the media smear campaign of selective edits and misrepresentations.

12 hours ago, One percent said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-42911939/mps-debate-childbirth-parenthood-and-work-in-parliament

MPs tell of the strain of juggling parenthood and work in Parliament - and the toll their job can take on family life.

how exactly do they think the rest of us cope?  Bloody self-entitled twats. 

Money aside, I think there's two personality types that are drawn to politics. There's the narcissist who loves seeing their own image in the media and assumes that what works for them works equally well for all their constituents, and theres the genuine type who wants to save the world, who believes they're doing some sort of God's work on behalf of the electorate.

In both cases there's a good chance it's going to lead to a bit of a martyr complex, thus "poor me, look at what I have to suffer in my work for you ungrateful bastards".

And as any good salesman knows, it helps if you believe your own bullshit.

12 hours ago, One percent said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-42911939/mps-debate-childbirth-parenthood-and-work-in-parliament

MPs tell of the strain of juggling parenthood and work in Parliament - and the toll their job can take on family life.

how exactly do they think the rest of us cope?  Bloody self-entitled twats. 

Could this be classed as inciting the overthrow of the New Zealand government?