• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Melchett

What Was Your First 'Pulling Machine'

Mine was a 14 year old metallic beige 1300 cc Fiat 131 with a vinyl roof.

As you may imagine, I didnt have to pretend to use the 'Oh dear we appear to have broken down, lets make the best of it gambit'.

But give it its due, Lady Melchett started stepping out with me when I had it, and it made it over the Wrynose and Hardknott passes, something Id think twice about driving in my current German Corporate Ubercar

Like this but naffer:

Fiat_131_early_one_in_England.jpg

Edited by Melchett

3 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Raleigh Chopper.

Never thought of that but it's true, giving a backie to a girl I fancied somehow.

Edited by Panther

7 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Or 

Never thought of that but it's true, somehow giving a backie to a girl I fancied?

7 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Or 

Never thought of that but it's true, giving a backie somehow to a girl I fancied?

Or 

Never thought of that but it's true, somehow giving a backie to a girl I fancied?

53 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Or 

Never thought of that but it's true, giving a backie somehow to a girl I fancied?

46 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Or

No, a girl I fancied somehow - at that age where you don't like girls but you like one of them, somehow

Edited by Panther

Just now, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Mini_Metro_1983_pre_any_facelifts_1275cc

Thank you!

And it only took 15 replies for someone to actually give a proper answer. *sighs*

My mate Dave had one of those. It was considerably crappier than my Fiat, and yet was about 10 years younger. British Leyland really knew how to make them..

11 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

A fizzy they were the days ,but did you have a Micron exhaust ? 

But of course. And a 60cc rebore.

And I could strip and rebuild the gearbox in 30 minutes which was an essential skill. As was remembering to take the HT cap with you if you left it anywhere public.

53 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Mini_Metro_1983_pre_any_facelifts_1275cc

Ferrari-red, 1300cc Automatic.

Form a queue ladies.

Mine was the same , manual and metallic silver 

shite as a babe magnet 👍

2 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Not many teens had cars when I was that age, so just having one was a plus in terms of pulling. I had a motorbike, both it, and me were pretty useless!

Who said anything about being a teenager? ;)

You’re not part of our Socially Awkward In-Crowd if you dated before your twenties. xD