• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

McAfee, what a piece of shit

Corporate IT have just upgraded the antivirus on our PCs, completely impossible to uninstall.

The slightest operation and McAfee leaps into action consuming 100% of CPU. Builds that took 30 seconds now take 10 minutes. All four cores on my Intel i7 are occupied at 100% running this pos.

Phone help desk "na na na na na that's how it is pal ni ni ni ni ni"

agghhh.

38 minutes ago, davidg said:

Corporate IT have just upgraded the antivirus on our PCs, completely impossible to uninstall.

The slightest operation and McAfee leaps into action consuming 100% of CPU. Builds that took 30 seconds now take 10 minutes. All four cores on my Intel i7 are occupied at 100% running this pos.

agghhh.

Sounds like an Apple update for any of their hardware older than a couple of years. At least my iPhone is now an excellent hand-warmer.

41 minutes ago, davidg said:

agghhh.

its might be possible to replace one of the exe or dll files with a dummy one, even if you have to do it by booting into rescue mode. Worked for me last time I had to use a supposedly locked down  corporate windows box for dev work.

9 hours ago, davidg said:

agghhh.

Intel + windows + antivirus + exiting intel after being intelised = fuckedup.

Dont run windows.

Ask to have all corp services behind a browser.

Install linux.

I remember buying it years ago for one of my previous computers - sold by someone like PC world as part of a package with the computer when I bought it, IIRC. Totally fecked the puter  and the only way I could recover it was to do a clean install of the OS.

Never again I vowed.

4 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Thanks!  I’d really prefer to read his own account..  but the film looks interesting! 🙂

I haven't seen the film, just remember a guy at work recommended it a while back.  I think it's on Netflix.

13 hours ago, Miss S said:

Take a look at the long stuffmonger thread on Bluelight for an entertaining insight into his mind at that time. He's admitted it was him, but claims the thread was a hoax. You'll have to make your own mind up about that...

9 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Take a look at the long stuffmonger thread on Bluelight for an entertaining insight into his mind at that time. He's admitted it was him, but claims the thread was a hoax. You'll have to make your own mind up about that...

Just had a look, and if it's the right thread,

surely, a small centrifuge is the answer

32422199.jpg

6 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

32422199.jpg

:D

If you read through it all, you have my sympathy! Bizarre thread.

The chemistry didn't make sense so I bowed out early. As someone with previous MDPV experience, to me stuffmonger sounded like someone who'd rather over-indulged in that particular substance. All these mentions of a meth lab in the news but no actual mention of meth? It's pretty fucking concrete in my mind that the guy lost it on peev for a while. Not particularly difficult to do given you get 100 doses to a gram and it's really difficult to overdose on. Bonkers stuff. Honestly, when I heard about him hiding under a box in a field while the CIA were hunting for him, it made perfect sense once I suspected PV was involved.

we had a tosser on spice around here and one of the neighbours warned me about him all i said was he got a set of balls thats all i needed to know,jokeing aside a few weeks later i kicked him then realy hard hit him a few times and then threaten to set him on fire and we never saw him again very weird,now theres talk of a zombie drug that will make seting them on fire even easier....has they just stand there like er zombies...

12 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I'd not seen that -- it's fantastic!

4 hours ago, Hopeful said:

32422199.jpg

He did mention centrifuges so guess he’d tried that but, I’m sure there must have been a more elegant solution to separating the oil. I wondered if it was anti-caking agents, in the baking soda, often not disclosed on the ingredients was behind it all.

TBH I didn’t read through too many pages as my business suffers enough from my attention being drawn elsewhere without being off my tits on home cooked recreational drugs, as well.