• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Dave Beans

Eurovision 2018

The UK's potential entries are, as ever, utterly atrocious, dull, soulless efforts.

I don't think I listened to any of them for more than about 15 seconds.

We're never going to win again. Indeed our entries are so bad, we must be trying to lose.

It's all about the fun of the other European entries :) 

This year's ones might grow on me. Maybe.

But it says something that the one above pisses all over them.

Even if it is a bit like watching Ant and Dec covering one of Coldplay's least successful efforts ;)

Royal Academy of Music graduate SuRie will represent the UK at Eurovision 2018 with her track Storm.

Like a cross between Melanie Phillips and Mrs. Wood.

.. which is a blatant copy of this absolutely fantastic pop-track from last year.

It's just lacking the style, the melody, the flair, the lyrics, the beat, the charm..

On 06/02/2018 at 01:29, DTMark said:

The UK's potential entries are, as ever, utterly atrocious, dull, soulless efforts.

I don't think I listened to any of them for more than about 15 seconds.

We're never going to win again. Indeed our entries are so bad, we must be trying to lose.

It's all about the fun of the other European entries :) 

I heard a brief radio piece on them yesterday and the presenter explained that the the remit had been set at producing "chart" music; viz something very similar to but not as good as the current top 10 the songwriters of which aren't going to risk throwing away a song and credibility on Eurovision.

That just looks ike setting it up to fail: we will enter a song from a shortlist of songs any of which if separately released might peak somewhere between 15 and 35 in the charts.

That process is not going to select a song that will win anything.  It obviously won't.  I can only think that it is entirely deliberate and we are putting out the attitude of showing willing and trying whilst ensuring we're not actually risking winning and having to pay to host it.

Shame.