• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Non licence fee payers roll of honour

The so called BBC poll tax  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you

• Absolutely refuse to pay it
    • Pay it through circumstance but will stop paying it when possible
    • Expect to keep paying it indefinitely
    • Positively wish to pay it
    • Catch all everything else answer for those who feel they absolutely must vote

Firstly I accept that there are valid reasons why people are still funding Jon Sopel's left wing lies:

Big sports fan so need live telly

Circumstances - OH or family

But for those proudly refusing to bankroll this stain on the nation that is the so-called BBC; this is your thread.

I used to work away a lot, and didn't have time for TV. These times have returned! Basically most of TV is shit! I really don't watch much, but I still am keeping the licence up! Maybe not after this year!

I had what I think was my first proper visit this week; as distinct from the G4S cards that pretend they've visited when they've just out a card through.

It was Monday morning so of course I wasn't in but it was filled in with some proper details.

I like that in addition to not paying them the fee I am costing them a dozen letters a year, the annual G4S visit, and now an actual Capita visit.

It's marvellous to know that they're actually losing money on me :)

Imambivalrnt about the tv tax.

I pay it as i have kids. But they barely watch cbbc. All youtube and minecraft.

I listen to bbc radio a bit. But again, dont listen yo yhe stuff thry make the most noise about.

Bbc news is dreadful. Its a bunch of schills and naive loons. Broadcast tv does not work as a news format.

I pay it because my wife watches TV all the time, and wouldn't give it up.

If i lived alone I'd have given up broadcast TV years ago. I'd happily just play computer games, and watch new films in the cinema. I would want to watch some old DVD's, but i understand that's ok without a license.

They'll try to move over to an internet access tax like the Germans as viewers decline 

I tried very hard not to pay it earlier this year but lost my bottle.

I couldn't see how I could defend myself in court since I have sky. Who would have sky and never watch or record a live broadcast?

So buggered sadly. Even if the only thing I ever watch is sky sport.

I think opting out is far larger than their own stats portray. I'm not totally convinced the licence fee doesn't just go into the general taxation pot.

Edited by SNACR

48 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I had what I think was my first proper visit this week; as distinct from the G4S cards that pretend they've visited when they've just out a card through.

It was Monday morning so of course I wasn't in but it was filled in with some proper details.

I like that in addition to not paying them the fee I am costing them a dozen letters a year, the annual G4S visit, and now an actual Capita visit.

It's marvellous to know that they're actually losing money on me :)

Well, it isn't them that's losing money on you. It's the other tax payers. 

I'm the one who voted positively happy to pay it. Even though I don't watch much. I do use r4 and 5 a lot though. 

The BBC clearly pushes it's pro multiculturalism views on the UK. That's why I begrudge paying the licence fee.

Lol, they find mobile phone footage of some chav shouting abuse at a brown person and they will air it on prime time news. However thousands of white kids getting gang raped by Asians isn't worthy of investigation. Then they play the "get the muslim looking person in the background shot after the terrorist attack" game.

I've come to hate what the BBC stand for.

17 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Careful Nossy. The path to hate is not the Way of Pin! Although I do see some imbalance in their reporting!o.O

If the BBC had been doing its job they would have investigated the likes of Rotherham years before it all came to light.

I'm Absolutedly sure individual social workers/ police/ teachers would have told the BBC something was wrong for years. However the BBC won't do anything to paint brown people in a bad light.

I'm not a ricist Nossy! In fact I am from London, and have some very good memories (and that is all they are now) of brown ladies' bottoms!O.o

This is my first year of not paying it; after a few years of threatening to do so.

I'm well within the law not to pay it - the only videos I view are from YouTube or Netflix. And even with TV removed from my life there isn't enough time for all the books I want to read anyway so it's no loss.

Apart from the fact that I dislike the BBC's biased news; I think if most people cut out live TV from their life they'd be much richer for it. It would give them more space to think rather than constantly turning on some garbage to have on 'in the background'.

However, I do know that 99.99% of women would think I'm weird for this, so if I ever did shack up with a lady I'd have to start paying the fee again.

(But it wouldn't appear there's much of a danger of that happening any time soon).

Edited by JoeDavola

Never paid it in my life and don't plan to start. I used to watch TV and then just Radio 4 but couldn't stand the constant leftist moralising so gave up about 10 years ago.

BBC will be in for a rude awakening as the Boomers are shifting into free license age range. Next charter renewal will be interesting - will they let it go private gradually or end up with some household internet levy. 

Never had a TV licence since I left home at 18.  In fairness, for much of that time it was because I didn't have a TV or it was covered with the rent.  I became eligible around a decade ago, and bluntly told the missus I'd rather go without a TV than pay it so she did.  A few years ago, she stopped paying on the basis that we either watch on-demand, Youtube or blu-rays/DVDs.  Watching something live rather than at your own convenience seems utterly baffling to me - but I was never a sports or reality tv fan. 

It was easy to forgo the BBC completely when they added iPlayer to the restrictions. Bit of an own goal really as there's so much other TV to watch.  I buy any Doctor Who releases on blu-ray to show support for that series. 

Equally, I doubt I see more than a dozen or two tv ads a year. It's a genuine surprise to see them when I'm around other people's houses as they are easily avoided. 

Probably watch an average of 6 hours of moving images per week - made up for the odd youtube clip (I rather like fully charged), tv series on demand or films on blu-ray.  Have been known to binge watch something up to 6 hours straight, but went for most of last summer without watching anything.

Recent purchase of a secondhand 1080p projector is encouraging missus and I to revisit our blu-rays. 

Edited by SCC

Everyone should make themselves aware of how to go LLF - legally licence free. go over to the tv licence resistance forum to see various goon videos, best way of dealing with goons, and other stuff.

Fuck the British buggering corporation.

Unfortunately we only pay due to the kids, but that will change in the future. 

Anyway, viewing habits are changing, certainly with anyone under 25.

http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/

7 hours ago, JFK said:

Everyone should make themselves aware of how to go LLF - legally licence free. go over to the tv licence resistance forum to see various goon videos, best way of dealing with goons, and other stuff.

Fuck the British buggering corporation.

Unfortunately we only pay due to the kids, but that will change in the future. 

Anyway, viewing habits are changing, certainly with anyone under 25.

http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/

Good advice. Remember, never give your name, do not engage with them. Don't be polite or speak to anyone who doesn't identify themselves first. If they do say they're from Crapita just close the door in their face.

9 hours ago, the gardener said:

Good advice. Remember, never give your name, do not engage with them. Don't be polite or speak to anyone who doesn't identify themselves first. If they do say they're from Crapita just close the door in their face.

They are commission led scruffy goons with zero legal powers who have a track record of lying and fitting people up. Treat them like the pond life they are.  say nothing,  film them.

Got rid of the TV some years ago. Find it almost painful in other people's houses with the TV blaring away. Occasionally put BBC radio on when very bored at work or in the van because it's about all you can pick up on FM, but normally end up turning it off when the presenters anger me. Was worried about confirmation bias getting news from the www, but progressively looking for less news online and it seems to have little effect on my decision making and day to day life. Must make effort to get more music and find interesting podcasts.