• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Real or fake? what sort of news is it?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

Im not sure it matters.

I think I was about 18 when it first started to dawn on me that every news story that I actually knew about and/or was a witness to was fundamentally wrong. Whether this is by malice or design, whether it pretends to be real news or fake matters not one jot. My going in position to every news story for three and a half decades now has been it is wrong in at least one significant aspect. I've yet to come across an intance where this has demonstrably not been the case.

Same for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Byron said:

Same for me

Well done both of you.

I spotted early on that there was lots of #fakenews - I knew from my early teens that most of the music industry was bullshit, and that most "protest" singers were just commercial products selling fake revolutions. Likewise I'd spotted that news stories on the national news about my local area were invariably full of mistakes. Nevertheless I never managed to quite connect the dots, and draw a general conclusion from the data presented to me.

I think most people are like me - aware that there is some level of slapdash reporting - or of complete bullshitting - but never quite grasping how pervasive it is.

 

Edited by DeepLurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

Well done both of you.

I spotted early on that there was lots of #fakenews - I knew from my early teens that most of the music industry was bullshit, and that most "protest" singers were just commercial products selling fake revolutions. Likewise I'd spotted that news stories on the national news about my local area were invariably full of mistakes. Nevertheless I never managed to quite connect the dots, and draw a general conclusion from the data presented to me.

I think most people are like me - aware that there is some level of slapdash reporting - or of complete bullshitting - but never quite grasping how pervasive it is.

 

http://is-a-cunt.com/2016/06/billy-bragg-7/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This afternoon on the So-Called BBC 5Live radio there was an item about Barrow-on-Furness and poverty since various companies shut down 

The smarminess of the questions was outstanding. 

"How do you cope with increasing food and energy costs" - you could wait for ever for them to mention the elephant in the room of housing costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, twocents said:

This afternoon on the So-Called BBC 5Live radio there was an item about Barrow-on-Furness and poverty since various companies shut down 

The smarminess of the questions was outstanding. 

"How do you cope with increasing food and energy costs" - you could wait for ever for them to mention the elephant in the room of housing costs.

It is hard to believe but one of the contributors had only been out of work for three years.

I heard a number of sad tales from single mums who had been thrown upon the mercy of the 

state. They couldn't even afford to get a takeaway, oh the humanity.

But don't worry this can all be solved by the state providing more support to alleviate the suffering.

This was the most wretched, stomach churning output I have heard in a long time and that is saying something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

It is hard to believe but one of the contributors had only been out of work for three years.

I heard a number of sad tales from single mums who had been thrown upon the mercy of the 

state. They couldn't even afford to get a takeaway, oh the humanity.

But don't worry this can all be solved by the state providing more support to alleviate the suffering.

This was the most wretched, stomach churning output I have heard in a long time and that is saying something.

One hadn't eaten meat since Christmas.  If meat is important to you how about mince.  I just don't believe the stuff they come up with.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Haha. It looks so natural! o.O

pri_68031907.thumb.jpg.13d9d5f56c516d63aa79d8c3288a8724.jpg

xD

Quote

 

This generated fresh follicles capable of sprouting luxurious new locks.

 

Yeah snigger luxurious new locks - tell the rodent that. 

At best it'll only balance the hair loss from eating the stuff.

Might as well plant some trees.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News parody seems to be fairly exclusively the domain of the right on, left leaning, permanently offended  generation Y.

They  manage to completely miss the real reasons for the dire situation which has been shat upon them by successive governments and struggle to even make decent satire from it either. Witness the demise in quality of Newsarse and its levels of rectal gazing banality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, twocents said:

.

Yeah snigger luxurious new locks - tell the rodent that. 

It'll only balance the hair loss from eating the stuff.

I've seen more natural looking hair growth on a sex robots minge! :/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

I've seen more natural looking hair growth on a sex robots minge! :/

 

xD

Wait another 1000 years and they'll have perfected it - if ever.

Incidentally does the female version get a tick on her belly rather than the X.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2017 the Daily Mail was by the biggest offender when it came to making up inaccurate content. They had 37 inaccuracy-based complaints against them upheld by the press self-regulator IPSO. That's more than twice as many as the two next worst offenders (the Daily Express (17) and The Sun (16)). And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I despise the Daily Mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, twocents said:

One hadn't eaten meat since Christmas.  If meat is important to you how about mince.  I just don't believe the stuff they come up with.

I suspect what they mean is they haven't eaten some overpriced crap meat takeaway or ready meal, like KFC or something. 

Mince is so cheap it's actually cheaper than corned beef these days. 

They probably just don't have a clue how to prepare cheap nourishing food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shaneyson said:

The reporter was trying to make out that there were Dickensian levels of poverty and struggle. They were all housed, clothed, educated, healthcare provided and 'paid' on a weekly basis. Were all of these births immaculate conceptions or were males involved at some point. Why does the responsibility for others choices fall upon the wider state, where are the sperm donors, where is the extended family where is the personal responsibility? 

So what is the solution, make a radio programme to try and make me feel bad for other peoples choices and circumstances.

Simon Evans (one of the few non-lefty comedians) said the triumph of modern politics is to create a society in which poor people are fat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2018 at 09:07, sarahbell said:

27655083_10215349264828033_5366517106775

In the Robert Harris book, Fatherland, the protagonist has a simple method of filtering the news. He starts with the truth at the back of the newspaper, the sports results, and he then believes less and less of what he reads as he progresses to the front of the paper and reaches the ‘news ‘. The truth of that resonated with me 20 years ago and I still hold it true today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By sarahbell
      http://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/16198872.NHS_to_stage_terror_rehearsal_to_learn_bomb_lessons/

      The new live drill, which will take place on September 18, has been named Exercise Socrates 2 – and will rehearse the region’s hospitals and emergency services for a situation where patients need everything from burns treatment to psychological support.
    • By Great Guy
      I'm watching channel 4 news, seemingly black people are 4 times more likely to suffer mental illness. Seemingly the fault is white people being racist and discriminating against black people.
      Honestly, I'm fucked off with minorities playing the victim card. We let black people come to Europe from shithole countries and instead of thanking us they do nothing but complain. It's getting to the stage where I just don't care what happens to non white people. Nothing we do will be good enough for black people. It's time we just stopped trying.
    • By Chewing Grass
      Excellent short video on how JP Morgan and the Rothschilds manipulated the USA into WW1.
      Also a reminder to the plebs of what little value they will be in the future to the seriously monied.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.