• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

Hate crime - just six types

"Today marks the start of Greater Manchester’s Hate Crime Awareness Week. We work with partners and stakeholders to engage with and support victims of hate crime, helping them to rebuild their lives after a crime or incident.

We recognise six categories of hate crime in Greater Manchester – disability, race, religion, sexuality, transgender identity and alternative subculture.

We will simply not tolerate any kind of discrimination or prejudice on the streets of Greater Manchester.

Let’s stand together and put a stop to hate crime. 
#WeStandTogether"

https://www.oldham.gov.uk/info/200321/crime_and_safety/2046/greater_manchester_hate_crime_awareness_week_2018

Hate crime is an act of violence or hostility that is directed at a person or group because of who they are or what they think they are.

There is a vast difference bewteen discrimination and prejudice.  Prejudice is the whole basis of identity politics; as in the recent "Women's marches" where the prejudice that if you are a woman then you supported Hillary Clinton in the US elections and are opposed to Donald Trump.

Prejudice

Prejudice is an affective feeling towards a person or group member based solely on their group membership. The word is often used to refer to preconceived, usually unfavorable, feelings towards people or a person because of their sex, gender, beliefs, values, social class, age, disability, religion, sexuality, race/ethnicity, language, nationality, beauty, occupation, education, criminality, sport team affiliation or other personal characteristics. In this case, it refers to a positive or negative evaluation of another person based on their perceived group membership.

Per GMP's list they are entirely happy with discrimination against women; unless they happen to be lesbians or are really men.  Do I detect a muslim influence there?

The obvious logical flaw being that they start by stating this will only apply to a small number of groups,  then close by claiming they “will not tolerate any kind of descrimination or hate”.

So which is it?  

What utter fucking bullshit.

Identity politics.

Define 'hate crime' - it's all about feelings. Prove intent. How many 'hate crimes' have gone to trial and a guilty verdict been found? I bet a fraction of fuck all. The authorities keep on crowing on about how many 'hate crimes' they've had referred to them - that means fuck all. How many have gone to trial? Go on, I'd be genuinely interested to find out.

All of this is already covered under existing legislation - either public order offence / incitement to racial hatred / incitement to violence / assault (which can include verbal insults) - go on, put it before a fucking court.

No, instead we have this group think and fucking mind-control bollocks like 1984 thought police.

Piss off. We have a right to offend (just not enforced by something like 'free speech' modelled like the 1st Amendment)

3 minutes ago, JFK said:

What utter fucking bullshit.

Identity politics.

Define 'hate crime' - it's all about feelings. Prove intent. How many 'hate crimes' have gone to trial and a guilty verdict been found? I bet a fraction of fuck all. The authorities keep on crowing on about how many 'hate crimes' they've had referred to them - that means fuck all. How many have gone to trial? Go on, I'd be genuinely interested to find out.

All of this is already covered under existing legislation - either public order offence / incitement to racial hatred / incitement to violence / assault (which can include verbal insults) - go on, put it before a fucking court.

No, instead we have this group think and fucking mind-control bollocks like 1984 thought police.

Piss off. We have a right to offend (just not enforced by something like 'free speech' modelled like the 1st Amendment)

Give them time, give them time.

they will be locking the perpetrators in a room with a cage of rats on their heads. That’ll give them the confessions needed.

its a bit like witch hunting, if you drown, you will be seen to be innocent, if you survive, a clear indication of your internal hate. 

This 'Hate crime AWARENESS week sounds like the sort of antic dreamed up by a small department within the Police 'Community Services' or similar.

Just what are they going to do?

Probably a few talks to the usual soppy mentalists who like this kind of thing, squander a load of Tax pounds on posters, leaflets and flyers. Get a few seconds on local BBC news and then forget all about it while they dream up the next 'right on' wheeze.

Charlatans.

Bet most cops are bored  with and against it.

But Hey, Virtue Signalling is what it is all about.

Hail the Great Steptoe who set the standard at Grenfell Tower.

Edited by Byron

2 minutes ago, Byron said:

This 'Hate crime AWARENESS week sounds like the sort of antic dreamed up by a small department within the Police 'Community Services' or similar.

Probably a few talks to the usual soppy mentalists who like this kind of thing, squander a load of Tax pounds on posters, leaflets and flyers. Get a few seconds on local BBC news and then forget all about it while they dream up the next 'right on' wheeze.

Charlatans.

But Hey, Virtue Signalling is all what it is all about.

Exactly.  The value of what they are doing is zero but when they get their annual inspecton they get a tick in the box for it.

Where I work we have "Champions" (another vomit inducing term) of various things like diversity, sexuality etc. one for each.  The first time I realised that we even had these was one near to me was leaving and they wanted someone else to take over as Sexuality Champion.   Other than raising the obvious smirk the main point of this was that prior to her leaving nobody was actually aware that she was this Sexuality Champion; she never once even mentioned it.  And now there will be another one, I have no idea who they are, who will also do nothing.

But come the inspection question: What work do you do to promote diversity and tolerance?  Then the list of Champions gets printed out.  Big tick.  Trebles all rouund.

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Exactly.  The value of what they are doing is zero but when they get their annual inspecton they get a tick in the box for it.

Where I work we have "Champions" (another vomit inducing term) of various things like diversity, sexuality etc. one for each.  The first time I realised that we even had these was one near to me was leaving and they wanted someone else to take over as Sexuality Champion.   Other than raising the obvious smirk the main point of this was that prior to her leaving nobody was actually aware that she was this Sexuality Champion; she never once even mentioned it.  And now there will be another one, I have no idea who they are, who will also do nothing.

But come the inspection question: What work do you do to promote diversity and tolerance?  Then the list of Champions gets printed out.  Big tick.  Trebles all rouund.

It's just that I have troubles getting my head around the Saturday Night Cops struggling with their usual boozed up, drugged, armed clientele and these office bound warriors fearlessly challenging..........well what exactly?

It's just that I have troubles getting my head around the Saturday Night Cops struggling with their usual boozed up, drugged, armed clientele and these office bound warriors fearlessly challenging..........well what exactly?

Other force's PR campaigns with an eye on an annual awards ceremony dinner?

And the winner of the best tweet on the subject of diversity goes to Greater Manchester Police's PR department.  Hurrah!

Human beings.

(more irony)

I'd be happy to attend sessions about this and how it might impact gay people. As long as there's a "safe room" to which I can retreat if some bigoted individual elects to say nasty things to me.

Now I think about it, both the times I've been called a "poof" were by black boys. Yes, both. On two occasions in my life.

In the land of identity politics, this clearly means that all black people must think exactly the same. So that room will be essential if there are any black people there.

(end irony)

The Police must surely have better things to do than this. There is a world of difference between a deliberate campaign by the same person or people to harrass and victimise someone, which I'd have hoped could already be dealt with under the law, and the introduction of laws which seek to criminalise "someone who said something nasty".

2 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Human beings.

(more irony)

I'd be happy to attend sessions about this and how it might impact gay people. As long as there's a "safe room" to which I can retreat if some bigoted individual elects to say nasty things to me.

Now I think about it, both the times I've been called a "poof" were by black boys. Yes, both. On two occasions in my life.

In the land of identity politics, this clearly means that all black people must think exactly the same. So that room will be essential if there are any black people there.

(end irony)

The Police must surely have better things to do than this. There is a world of difference between a deliberate campaign by the same person or people to harrass and victimise someone, which I'd have hoped could already be dealt with under the law, and the introduction of laws which seek to criminalise "someone who said something nasty".

Worse still, it's our Tax Pounds paying for it.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Two people from the "diversity and inclusion working group" asked me to participate in a survey some months ago. One of the first proper questions was "Would you recommend xxxxxx to friends who are women or other minorities as a diverse and inclusive institution?" To which I naturally responded "No." With a look of incredulity on the faces they asked me "Why? What more could we do." So i explained that none of my "women or other minorities*" friends would have the any qualms about facing institutional prejudice in an office based role at a global business, and it would be certainly redundant and perhaps even patronising to suggest that they should make it a consideration. 

* Didn't even point out that it is a plain, simple mathematical fact that women aren't a minority.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

Fine words and meaningless words - politicians are famous for it.

How does this tie in with the policy that it's a crime if someone make someone feel uncomfortable or if someone thinks someone is being a nuisance.  Where does that fit into the hate scale.  Isn't reporting someone for such a flimsy reason a bit hateful.

It's all make work when they claim to be short staffed.

If they were really short staffed they wouldn't even entertain that stuff - they'd get out and enforce the normal laws equally without fear or favour and that would immediately get rid of vast amounts of ill feeling.

Edited by twocents

On 2/5/2018 at 11:19, Byron said:

Charlatans.

But Hey, Virtue Signalling is what it is all about.

The language used smells of Common Purpose to me.

On 05/02/2018 at 09:16, sarahbell said:

"Today marks the start of Greater Manchester’s Hate Crime Awareness Week. We work with partners and stakeholders to engage with and support victims of hate crime, helping them to rebuild their lives after a crime or incident.

We recognise six categories of hate crime in Greater Manchester – disability, race, religion, sexuality, transgender identity and alternative subculture.

If you come across a one legged black pikey with a boner and long blond hair poking out of a hijab run a fucking mile as you are bound to cause an offence.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, onlyme said:

If you come across a one legged black pikey with a boner and long blond hair poking out of a hijab run a fucking mile as you are bound to cause an offence.

Good to see nationality is not in the list so jokes about the Irish, French and the tiny size of Pakistani mens penises are still OK.

Edited by Chewing Grass

On 05/02/2018 at 10:39, DTMark said:

(irony alert, just for clarity)

Is this legislation retrospective?

Outside Kings Cross station in the early hours of the morning circa 1999 I was called a "fucking poof" by a black boy.

There must be some CCTV somewhere. It's clearly such an important issue and has done me so much harm that he needs to be tracked down and put into Room 101.

You're out of luck. Race is at the top of the progressive stack so a black person can abuse a gay person as much as they like as long as the victim isn't also black. They would just be making up for historical injustice against the oppressed by the privileged group. 

Gay white men are second only to their straight brothers in terms of privilege. Ethnics, transsexuals and women are at liberty to abuse them as much as they wish. Though gay men are allowed to abuse the poor and the disabled, as long as those poor or disabled people are not also black, transexual or female. 

Hth

On 2/5/2018 at 09:19, eight said:

Baldies and gingers are still fair game then

It's all so crazy they're probably both termed races.  The baldy race and the ginger race.