• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dipsy

Train appears to go boom

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Isn’t the line electrified from above?  I thought it was only the tube electrified from a third rail

I've no idea, steam trains I understand - not these new fangled things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Isn’t the line electrified from above?  I thought it was only the tube electrified from a third rail

<puts pedant hat on>

Generally, the commuter lines to the South of London (and down to the coast) are 3rd rail. Just to make things more fun, the London underground uses a 4-rail system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, One percent said:

Isn’t the line electrified from above?  I thought it was only the tube electrified from a third rail

Pretty sure they are diesel. The only ones that used to stop at Berrylands (from memories of when I used to live in Surbiton) were the trains to Hampton Court. 

 

Edit: wiki says I'm wrong. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Court_branch_line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

<puts pedant hat on>

Generally, the commuter lines to the South of London (and down to the coast) are 3rd rail. Just to make things more fun, the London underground uses a 4-rail system.

Ta thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Pretty sure they are diesel. The only ones that used to stop at Berrylands (from memories of when I used to live in Surbiton) were the trains to Hampton Court. 

 

Edit: wiki says I'm wrong. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Court_branch_line

Most of the diesels are now diesel electric o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.