• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Experience being oppressed for a day

It is the foreign office’s turn to lose the plot today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5364753/Foreign-Office-faces-backlash-Hijab-Day-celebration.html

Mandarins at the Foreign Office invited staff to wear Islamic headscarves for the day, claiming they symbolised ‘liberation, respect and security’.

The department was accused of backing the ‘institutional oppression of women’ by giving away taxpayer-funded headscarves at a walk-in event to mark World Hijab Day.

The event was held as women in ultra-conservative Iran burned their headscarves in protest at being forced to wear them or face arrest and prison.

Is there anybody that this idea isn't offensive to? I can't imagine that actual muslims like having their ways appropriated in some kind of half arsed dressing up day.

44 minutes ago, One percent said:

The department was accused of backing the ‘institutional oppression of women’ by giving away taxpayer-funded headscarves at a walk-in event to mark World Hijab Day.

More of a walk-out event.

I find it incredibly concerning that people at the Foreign Office are listening to what mandarins have to say. Is this something Bojo put into place? All hail the talking satsuma?

Actually scrap that. The more I think of it the more I like it. But they need to find some non SJW ones and put them in the fruit bowl instead.

5 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

someone got an excellent for the diversity target in their annual appraisal

Probably.  One woman at a previous co. received a £50 prize for her suggestion of a Christmas saving club administered through payroll.

The only people who did it were her, her mate, and one other and as payroll was under my remit I had to get it all set up for three people who could have just put pound coins in a whisky bottle if they were otherwise unable to rein in their reckless spending.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

We're actually living in very strange times.  I suppose with time we'll either flip one way or the other.

There's a collective madness going on; these usually crash and burn with everyone denying agreeing with it at the time and blaming everyone else: "What were they thinking?".

A resource shortage may trigger the collective waking up; something like Krakatoa giving rise to five years' of bad harvests to make people realise that the current time of plenty cannot be assumed to magically continue with enough for all and the only burning issue being the equity of its distribution rather than how to increase production levels to cope with population explosion.

The MSM totally distorts the scale and impact of these things. I suspect, in reality, the numbers truly onboard with any of these things are miniscule.

If the MSM chose to solely report the behaviour of a small number of local loonies people would be easily duped into the belief that some large part of the population were spending their days shouting at pigeons when it's not the case at all. The MSM distorts everything far more than people tend to appreciate.

I think the whole hijab thing causes great confusion for certain people. On the one hand there's  the incredibly brave women in Iran  making a stand against it . And then always-offended people kicking up a fuss If somewhere like France wants to ban them. It's like they are saying 'i demand the right to be oppressed'. Well not actually Muslims saying that, more likely green haired sjws.

Edited by NewryH
Predictive text

23 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

the irony being the iranians are quite liberal compared to some other muzzer countrys

The only reason it happens in Iran is because of it's liberal attitudes in general, any women in other countries with more hard line attitudes would literally be put to death for burning their hijab. 

It's utterly ludicrous. 

The hijab and it's various scale of every more extreme cousins are the very ultimate in oppression and subjugation of women.  

6 minutes ago, NewryH said:

I think the whole hijab thing causes great confusion for certain people. On the one hand there's  the incredibly brave women in Iran  making a stand against it . And then always-offended people kicking up a fuss If somewhere like France wants to ban them. It's like they are saying 'i demand the right to be oppressed'. Well not actually Muslims saying that, more likely green haired sjws.

France have never been interested in banning Hijabs.

It's Burka's they take exception to, as any right minded normal person should. 

what-are-the-differences-between-the-bur

As any good scholar of the Koran will tell you, they only requirement mentioned is to cover up their tits. It mentions a Kuhmur, which is a head covering, but that's only mentioned in passing, along the lines of "Cover your tit's up using your Kuhmur". It never says, make sure your head is covered. 

As always the devil is in the details, or more relevant the devil is the particular brand of Islam you sign up to. It's the hadith when it gets complicated, but they are not the literal word of God so you are free to completely ignore those. 

18 minutes ago, gilf said:

what-are-the-differences-between-the-bur

As any good scholar of the Koran will tell you, they only requirement mentioned is to cover up their tits. It mentions a Kuhmur, which is a head covering, but that's only mentioned in passing, along the lines of "Cover your tit's up using your Kuhmur". It never says, make sure your head is covered. 

As always the devil is in the details, or more relevant the devil is the particular brand of Islam you sign up to. It's the hadith when it gets complicated, but they are not the literal word of God so you are free to completely ignore those

And the ruling powers of the area are free to whip you for your transgression.

4 hours ago, gilf said:

<puts pedant hat on>

They also have totally banned any conspicuous religious symbols in schools. So any kind of veil is banned there.

Mandarins at the Foreign Office invited staff to wear Islamic headscarves for the day, claiming they symbolised ‘liberation, respect and security’.

Did they give the other women free tattoos of their choice (religious or otherwise) or something. 

For equal pay reasons?

What free stuff did they give the men.

Edited by twocents