• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dianne Carrot

RNLI Rescues .....

Hmm -- 26 miles east of Eastbourne...  I'll bet they started being in trouble a little further east but that lifeboat institution decided to give them a bit more of a chance to get things under control, and, perhaps, get a bit further north-west.

These stories won't help their funding. I think most people donate thinking the money goes on rescuing drowning swimmers and little Johnny who has drifted too far out on his lilo not a bunch of economic migrant chancers. Just reinforces my stance to donate to local not national charities.

3 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

These stories won't help their funding. I think most people donate thinking the money goes on rescuing drowning swimmers and little Johnny who has drifted too far out on his lilo not a bunch of economic migrant chancers. Just reinforces my stance to donate to local not national charities.

The RNLI is one of the wealthiest charities around but if this becomes a regular occurance their funding could dry up drastically. Their patrons are mostly quite conservative people who won't approve of this type of thing. The trouble is once the SJWs infect an organisation they take over and eject anyone who doesn't conform to their views.

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Welcome to DOSBODS Dianne Carrot :Beer:

Welcome. I would shake your hand but apparently it will soon be illegal to shake hands with a woman in the UK or, for that matter, to shake a carrot.

RNLI crews need to be taught how to greet a muslim immigrant that they are ferrying to the UK... although there seems to be no muslim greeting by muslims of non-muslims... unless I missed something... so maybe they all should be made to convert first...

https://www.wikihow.com/Greet-in-Islam

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Welcome. I would shake your hand but apparently it will soon be illegal to shake hands with a woman in the UK or, for that matter, to shake a carrot.

RNLI crews need to be taught how to greet a muslim immigrant that they are ferrying to the UK... although there seems to be no muslim greeting by muslims of non-muslims... unless I missed something... so maybe they all should be made to convert first...

I agree we need to take account of sensitive differences in culture. I will abide by their guidance if they greet me with a home cooked bacon sarnie and half of locally brewed beer. Goose, gander and sauce come to mind...

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

I agree we need to take account of sensitive differences in culture. I will abide by their guidance if they greet me with a home cooked bacon sarnie and half of locally brewed beer. Goose, gander and sauce come to mind...

And your headphones made partially out of bacon sarnies.

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

TMT - with respect, you have no idea if new poster Diane Carrot is actually a woman. You've just inferred it from their name. Frankly, that's sexist stereotyping. You have no right to arbitrarily assign a gender to Diane Carrot.

We should wait politely for Diane Carrot to publicly announce themselves if they wish to be known on this forum as "He", "She", "Trans" or "Apache Attack Helicopter".

Edited by DeepLurker

Just now, DeepLurker said:

TMT - with respect, you have no idea if new poster Diane Carrot is actually a woman. You've just inferred it from their name. Frankly, that's sexist stereotyping. You have no right to arbitrarily assign a gender to Diane Carrot.4

We should wait politely for Diane Carrot to publicly announce themselves if they wish to be known on this forum as "He", "She", "Trans" or "Apache Attack Helicopter".

You forget that I came out as a trans lesbian last weekend so, on that basis alone, my virtue signalling credentials are such that I can now judge everyone else without any comeback on me whatsoever. Which reminds me to fill in some BBC application forms.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

You forget that I came out as a trans lesbian last weekend so, on that basis alone, my virtue signalling credentials are such that I can now judge everyone else without any comeback on me whatsoever. Which reminds me to fill in some BBC application forms.

Drat! Foiled again!

Not really fair on the RNLI..  they’re just there to pull people out of the water,  they’re not really meant to get into the rights and wrongs and whos and whys. 

That said..  they probably should have a way to hand them over to the navy or some such and drop them off back in France again.

I stopped donating to the RNLI a couple years ago (it was the only charity I donated to).. not because of this,  but because they slowly morphed from an off shore emergency service into a self-important bunch of desk jockeys more interested in handing out “safety messages” on frisbees and patronising social media campaigns than maintaining critical infrastructure and providing the basic service they were originally set up to deliver.  IMO.  /rant. :)

The RNLI seems to be an NGO reliant on donations.  How much maybe indirect Soros style funding does it get.

It always seems to be a KERCHING! issue these days.

For sure it does a good job for those in distress but too often it seems to be an enabler and official people smuggler for illegal incomers putting themselves in distress and quite often in distress in shallow waters and just inside wading depth to become rescued and fast tracked onto benefits and housing.

How do they know they aren't rescuing unchecked and unregistered IS fighters who have travelled across europe after being shipped to europe on illegal people smuggling NGO boats reported to be funded by Soros. 

The sooner the better it sorts that stuff out - rescue them but return them to the nearest coastline outside of Britain which is most likely where they came from..

Edited by twocents

17 minutes ago, twocents said:

The RNLI seems to be an NGO reliant on donations.  How much maybe indirect Soros style funding does it get.

It always seems to be a KERCHING! issue these days.

For sure it does a good job for those in distress but too often it seems to be an enabler and official people smuggler for illegal incomers putting themselves in distress and quite often in distress in shallow waters and just inside wading depth to become rescued and fast tracked onto benefits and housing.

How do they know they aren't rescuing unchecked and unregistered IS fighters who have travelled across europe after being shipped to europe on illegal people smuggling NGO boats reported to be funded by Soros. 

The sooner the better it sorts that stuff out - rescue them but return them to the nearest coastline outside of Britain which is most likely where they came from..

I don't think there's much.  

It is pretty much monthly donations (I think the seafarer type typically put in £10 a month, sort of thing) and legacies.  I don't think they get much from 'Soros type funding'.

But there is a problem with people casually trying to get over the channel.  Our entire reasoning around immigration seems unable to cope.  We seem to have a policy where we will accept just about anyone, but we have this test of physical endurance and ability to get around border controls that they have to pass first. 

Even if you do agree with the need for immigration, this can only be thought of as hopelessly crap; surely the liberal would take immigrants based on need, not knowledge of which illegal method to choose.

I don't agree with unlimited immigration.  There are fundamentals of human behaviour that can't cope with this, despite all the right-on people insisting that everyone should accept it.  

I certainly believe that every immigrant that comes to the UK should be at the very least tested for basic honesty and ability.  If they can't follow the rules on the way in, then why should there be any expectation that they'll follow the rules once here.

[as a trivial example, liberal people say that fingerprinting immigrants on the way in is violating their human rights.  Well, I live in a country where I've got years of government records of my behaviour.  They know if I've done illegal things, very illegal things, paid my taxes, my credentials, my work history, children, debts -- they know loads about me.  It would seem that they least they could do with immigrants would be to take fingerprints etc and check them against a database of miscreants.  And even then they'd probably know way less about the immigrant than they know about me.]

[And I've mentioned before that immigration to the UK shouldn't be an easy ride.  I think there should be expectations of following the rules with deportation as punishment.  And for asylum seekers they should have to take part in activities to support their country/sexuality/etc in absentia.  Don't like it?  Tough, those should be the conditions of acceptance.]  

When you're at war with an organisation like ISIS then taking fingerprints off people who just arrive out of the blue from those areas seems to be a minimum requirement unless they have some other form of 100% guaranteed identification.

Edited by twocents

On 10/02/2018 at 09:00, The Masked Tulip said:

Jesus fucking Christ! OK, if I was travelling to a Muslim country then, absolutely, I would operate under their cultural norms but otherwise they can fuck right off. When I greet someone in Canada or the UK or the US I shake their hand and say hello, in English, under all circumstances regardless of their colour,religion, sex or dress. If anyone doesn't like that they can kiss my fucking arse.

16 hours ago, twocents said:

When you're at war with an organisation like ISIS then taking fingerprints off people who just arrive out of the blue from those areas seems to be a minimum requirement unless they have some other form of 100% guaranteed identification.

+ DNA. You can physically compelled to provide a DNA sample after being arrested on the flimsiest of pretences yet, somehow, rock up in a boat with absolutely no right to be in the country and a whole set of different rules seem to apply.