• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

British IS members captured and(unfortuately IMO) not killed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43003248

Now personally I agree with the Defence Minister who said it would be best if all these people were hunted down and killed and they never returned to Britain.

The Kurds have done us a massive disservice by capturing them - I would guess they are mad about the situation with Turkey and so less disposed to be helpful at the moment.  These two will be heroes to some young morons, better they just disappear IMO. As they killed an American journalist, perhaps they could serve nastier time in the US at least.

Normally I don't really believe in the death penalty but the extreme behaviour of these types have caused me to change my thinking - but I don't think they should be executed publicly, just dumped in the ocean with concrete boots at an unknown destination like Bin Laden (supposedly).

What do the Dosbodders think?

Messy things wars.

99% of combatants are 'normal'.  They're the sort that are terrified most of the time, don't actually aim to kill, will surrender to a 'friendly' enemy, etc.  But the 1%, the psychopaths, they're the ones that do all the atrocities.

I suppose in Syria it's a self-selected group so it'll be maybe 80-90% are 'normal', but it'll still be the majority.  Sure, they might get involved with atrocities, but only in so far as they go along with it.  There is every chance that they'll be able to be normal people and integrate into society after the war.  So, when you round them all up you can't just shoot them.  There is a means of appropriate punishment (which might be very harsh) and the legal process should be followed.

But, these guys were the 1%, the psychopaths.  The ones that take delight in torture, enjoy the killing.  People do argue that the punishment should be life imprisonment and making them realise that they were the evil ones, but IMO they never get to that stage and they just remain being evil and being a 'living martyr' for the cause.

It really would be easier if modern society didn't need to judge these people according to the morals of the innocent majority.

Edited by dgul

Hmmm... Bit disappointed with the Kurds here, they should have ‘died in a shootout’.  Probably the Kurds don’t really distinguish between the different vintages of IS fighter.  If the Iraqi army had got them then only one outcome.

At this point hopefully the UK gov will turn the other way so that the Americans get them - at least then they will not walk the streets again (possibly end up on death row).

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

On the So-Called BBC now. Referring to them as British. 

I wish the So-Called BBC would just fuck off 

Radio4 was dropping the hint that even though the bastards had their citizenship revoked we should still look into their welfare. Especially the kids of the fighters. Given what some of those little darlings have been doing to prisoners on film I think they should get the same as the parents.

Instead we have this policy: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2284886/first-brit-convicted-of-joining-isis-handed-132k-of-taxpayers-cash-to-fight-court-case/

ISIS MUM's £132k aid First Brit convicted of joining ISIS handed £132k of taxpayers’ cash to fight court case

My view is that the Kurds will hand them to whoever offers the most cash, influence or weapons.

5 minutes ago, Oskar said:

Radio4 was dropping the hint that even though the bastards had their citizenship revoked we should still look into their welfare. Especially the kids of the fighters. Given what some of those little darlings have been doing to prisoners on film I think they should get the same as the parents.

Instead we have this policy: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2284886/first-brit-convicted-of-joining-isis-handed-132k-of-taxpayers-cash-to-fight-court-case/

ISIS MUM's £132k aid First Brit convicted of joining ISIS handed £132k of taxpayers’ cash to fight court case

My view is that the Kurds will hand them to whoever offers the most cash, influence or weapons.

She is not British either. 

Although, she may be a distant descendant of that bloke who made cheese. Or something. 

4 minutes ago, Oskar said:

The Guardian comments on the issue were quite revealing. Lots of "just kill them" comments getting good a number of up arrows.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/09/beatles-captured-britain-isis-fighters-jihadists#comments

From the comments 

Jihad seekers's allowance

xD

The good thing about this is that it will waken more people up. It's been reported that they were trying to get back to Europe. Even the most moronic SJW must wonder why we should let them into Europe.

Let's face it, it's about time we had a nationwide debate about what to do with returning IS fighters. Killing them lets the politicians off the hook Imho.

7 hours ago, dgul said:

Messy things wars.

99% of combatants are 'normal'.  They're the sort that are terrified most of the time, don't actually aim to kill, will surrender to a 'friendly' enemy, etc.  But the 1%, the psychopaths, they're the ones that do all the atrocities.

I suppose in Syria it's a self-selected group so it'll be maybe 80-90% are 'normal', but it'll still be the majority.  Sure, they might get involved with atrocities, but only in so far as they go along with it.  There is every chance that they'll be able to be normal people and integrate into society after the war.  So, when you round them all up you can't just shoot them.  There is a means of appropriate punishment (which might be very harsh) and the legal process should be followed.

But, these guys were the 1%, the psychopaths.  The ones that take delight in torture, enjoy the killing.  People do argue that the punishment should be life imprisonment and making them realise that they were the evil ones, but IMO they never get to that stage and they just remain being evil and being a 'living martyr' for the cause.

It really would be easier if modern society didn't need to judge these people according to the morals of the innocent majority.

Agree with general analysis in most war theatres but it strikes me that the members of a cult like IS won't be even 80-90% "normal" people, probably a lot less and most of the ones who started "normal" won't be so any more. I still agree with the Defence Minister.

37 minutes ago, GARCH said:

Hmmm... Bit disappointed with the Kurds here, they should have ‘died in a shootout’.  Probably the Kurds don’t really distinguish between the different vintages of IS fighter.  If the Iraqi army had got them then only one outcome.

At this point hopefully the UK gov will turn the other way so that the Americans get them - at least then they will not walk the streets again (possibly end up on death row).

They committed a crime in Syria.  Why is the immediate assumption that they should be tried overseas?

If they'd committed a crime in the UK we wouldn't sanction sending them abroad to a trial that would consider all sorts of irrelevant stuff (to us; we'd consider their mental health, Syria wouldn't care about that) and to have a sentence that would almost certainly be more lenient.

3 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Agree with general analysis in most war theatres but it strikes me that the members of a cult like IS won't be even 80-90% "normal" people, probably a lot less and most of the ones who started "normal" won't be so any more. I still agree with the Defence Minister.

Hmm.  The stats are out there.  They're all going to be heavily involved in / committed to the ideology, but there does seem to be a marked difference between those that 'join in' and those that actively seek out opportunities to torture.

37 minutes ago, dgul said:

Hmm.  The stats are out there.  They're all going to be heavily involved in / committed to the ideology, but there does seem to be a marked difference between those that 'join in' and those that actively seek out opportunities to torture.

The acts being perpetrated by these monsters have been seen by the world. Joining them after that is saying that you agree. There are few excuses, it's not something that can be attributed to youthful over-enthusiasm. What stats are you referring to?

48 minutes ago, dgul said:

They committed a crime in Syria.  Why is the immediate assumption that they should be tried overseas?

If they'd committed a crime in the UK we wouldn't sanction sending them abroad to a trial that would consider all sorts of irrelevant stuff (to us; we'd consider their mental health, Syria wouldn't care about that) and to have a sentence that would almost certainly be more lenient.

In a civilised country yes, in a war torn shithole no.  They won’t waste resources on that, plus as said above there is a bargain in this for the Kurds (so hopefully the Americans).

They should be forced to watch while their parents and any other family members we can find are shot in the back in the head. Then they should be buried alive with the still warm bodies.

They are cowardly fucking shits who deserve to die along the excuse of the parents who brought them into world.

1 hour ago, Oskar said:

The Guardian comments on the issue were quite revealing. Lots of "just kill them" comments getting good a number of up arrows.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/09/beatles-captured-britain-isis-fighters-jihadists#comments

YES!

In the Guardian too, well worth a read!!

That's really quite encouraging.

wp_ss_20180209_0002.png

wp_ss_20180209_0003.png

1 hour ago, Uncivilservant said:

They should be forced to watch while their parents and any other family members we can find are shot in the back in the head. Then they should be buried alive with the still warm bodies.

They are cowardly fucking shits who deserve to die along the excuse of the parents who brought them into world.

Well Dgul this is a remark from a normal person. We can all sympathise with his desire for vengeance, I don't know if I would go that far. From my reaction to other drivers when they get in my way I guess I could. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Well Dgul this is a remark from a normal person. We can all sympathise with his desire for vengeance, I don't know if I would go that far. From my reaction to other drivers when they get in my way I guess I could. :ph34r:

Not about revenge, they have done nothing to me. Its about sending a message. 

9 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I prefer suicide by 6 shots to back of the skull.

Given the plethora of differently barbaric ways ISIS invented to kill people, I'd be at a loss as to how to most appropriately, kill them. I might want to try something new.

Fuck this shit.

Why should they be tried here ? Why on earth? Can anyone explain the legal precedent for this? Fuck EU 'human rights', this is PRECISELY the reason to remove ourselves from the parasitical form the EU is.

If they committed crimes overseas - they are tried there. Simple. Of course we know why they don't want that .. because they'd either be facing the rest of their miserable existence in some shitehole prison (think dark ages cells) in a shitehole country ... or just shot.

They should NOT be allowed into the country, they are a clear and present danger to the state. 

The state should in fact order a death squad to just go and fucking shoot the cunts if they are released .... fuck them. This is a war situation, not some fucking nicey nicey tony benn sit around and have a cup of tea.

Don't forget all those poor bastards killed by these terrorist loving scum and their chums.

Don't look back in anger eh?