• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Dangerous things we do every day

Number 1 - Go to the toilet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5371581/Mans-rectum-falls-spent-long-toilet.htm

Man's rectum falls out of its place after he played phone games while on the toilet for 30 minutes

490788D400000578-5371581-image-a-19_1518

Doctors said the lump, which was still attached to his rear, was his rectum and it had lost its attachment to his body,  the condition, called rectal prolapse, could be caused by the fact that the man had sat on the toilet for more than 30 minutes and had been playing mobile games while trying to poop. 

44 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5371581/Mans-rectum-falls-spent-long-toilet.htm

Man's rectum falls out of its place after he played phone games while on the toilet for 30 minutes

Doctors said the lump, which was still attached to his rear, was his rectum and it had lost its attachment to his body,  the condition, called rectal prolapse, could be caused by the fact that the man had sat on the toilet for more than 30 minutes and had been playing mobile games while trying to poop. 

SHIT

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Shit! (No pun intended) 

I do that at work twice daily. 

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Wet Decking...my wrist is full of titanium due slipping on wet autumn decking.

I also broke a toe when I dropped a mug on it in the kitchen.

Bloody stuff should be banned. My mate’s hubby broke both wrists slipping on some. 

They also make perfect rat hotels. 

Crumbs for the OP :o I didn't know that was possible.  I've never spent anything like half an hour on the lavvy and won't be now.

Driving would be the one; you're always one lapse of concentration from something serious and it can be yours or another driver.

The huge M5 crash at half six this morning was caused by a stationary Merc in the fast lane; you'd have no chance.

11 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Going to sleep, extremely dangerous as 15% of all deaths occur whilst people are in bed asleep.

Unfortunately, not sleeping accelerates the risk of death from lack of sleep.

Must mean 85% of deaths are while you're awake.

That's why I spend as much time possible asleep in bed. Much safer.

23 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Crumbs for the OP :o I didn't know that was possible.  I've never spent anything like half an hour on the lavvy and won't be now.

Driving would be the one; you're always one lapse of concentration from something serious and it can be yours or another driver.

The huge M5 crash at half six this morning was caused by a stationary Merc in the fast lane; you'd have no chance.

What was it doing stationary in the fast lane?  

Someone I know broke down on the motorway, m1 I think.  Stopped in one of the lanes and another car ploughed into the back of her. 

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

What was it doing stationary in the fast lane?  

Someone I know broke down on the motorway, m1 I think.  Stopped in one of the lanes and another car ploughed into the back of her. 

The story was a bit patchy but I think they broke down and then tried to make it to safety; reports of a pedestrian being hit several times.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

The story was a bit patchy but I think they broke down and then tried to make it to safety; reports of a pedestrian being hit several times.

Ouch. Similar to what happened to the person I know then. 

If you are motoring down a motorway, it will be difficult to tell if the car in front is stationary. Until it’s too late 

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

car crossed the central reservation, passenger got out and was hit

Number of stationary vehicles I see in live lanes of motorways and dual carriageways without hazards on is worrying.

The problem comes when the driver in front of you isn't paying attention, suddenly spots the stationary vehicle and pulls out sharply. Even if you're not that close and got the two second rule, and some to spare, you're left suddenly closing on a stationary vehicle rather than a braking one and the relative difference in speed then means, if pulling out. isn't an option you're scuppered.

2 hours ago, JackieO said:

Wet Decking...my wrist is full of titanium due slipping on wet autumn decking.

I also broke a toe when I dropped a mug on it in the kitchen.

I don't get the fascination with decking, especially in our climate. I've built plenty for people but I've also ripped quite a few shitty old ones out as people realise they are a maintenance liability and look pretty naf after a couple of years.

The slippiness is mainly down to algal growth. Pressure wash them once or twice a year and it's not much of an issue.