• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

Inconvenience and fate

Due to not getting much work last year, and then the death of my father, I decided to sell up down West, and go to the Midlands to live in his old house. I am moved in now.

I had a nice but unpromising interview on Tuesday, like so many.

Just as I was packing up my last carload on Thursday, to leave Middle Earth for ever, I had a phone call from the MD, offering me the job, and when can I start? Of course the job is in Bristol!:CryBaby: It's a long term contract and I'll be taking it.

Now I will be getting to know the M5 very well eh?

If only this had turned up six months ago life would have been much more convenient.:o

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ah well, at least you get a job you want and it's not really that far if you rent a flat or go into a B&B and commute weekly rather than trying to do it every night.

Yes, I'll be looking to rent a flat. It's 150 miles from here. I believe I will enjoy the work, as the interview was more like a comedy club performance and I didn't get heckled too much....

6 minutes ago, dgul said:

I think a bit less 'terrible project manager' and a bit more 'mischievous sense of humour'.

It's just one of those odd events timed superbly.

I had better shop for some proper work clothes, as a boiler suit and hard hat are not required here.

13 minutes ago, whocares said:

Wow - annoying! But good news you got a job?! 

I've worked away quite a lot before. One year initially, but I suspect it will continue.

33 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Due to not getting much work last year, and then the death of my father, I decided to sell up down West, and go to the Midlands to live in his old house. I am moved in now.

Just as I was packing up my last carload on Thursday, to leave Middle Earth for ever, I had a phone call from the MD, offering me the job, and when can I start? Of course the job is in Bristol!:CryBaby: It's a long term contract and I'll be taking it.

If only this had turned up six months ago life would have been much more convenient.:o

I'd go Bicester, Swindon M4 if you're here

Maybe, I usually go M5/A46/M6/A14. Depends where I get accomodation, as the site is off the Bristol ring road.

Edited by MrPin

45 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Men make plans, God laughs.

35 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes, I'll be looking to rent a flat. It's 150 miles from here. I believe I will enjoy the work, as the interview was more like a comedy club performance and I didn't get heckled too much....

How close would it have been to your old place? 

Job sounds great from your description of the interview, congratulations!

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

How close would it have been to your old place? 

Job sounds great from your description of the interview, congratulations!

Ironically, it would have been a 20 mile commute.

I'm more like Jasper Carrot than Ken Dodd.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

I'm like the worst bits from Victor Meldrew and Mr Bean in one person sometimes. 

Keeps things interesting and challenging I suppose...

Glad to hear you've got off the dole - you scrounging cunt...!

;)

XYY

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Jeez! Life is so topsy turvy, that’s my experience. Lots of things have came at the wrong time!

Good luck Mr P in your new home, job and the requirement for lodging during the week. How about getting yourself a campervan for staying in during the week? :)

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Glad to hear you've got off the dole - you scrounging cunt...!

;)

XYY

I'll be having a rant at the Job Centre again. Except I won't, as you have to insult them online nowadays.

2 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Jeez! Life is so topsy turvy, that’s my experience. Lots of things have came at the wrong time!

Good luck Mr P in your new home, job and the requirement for lodging during the week. How about getting yourself a campervan for staying in during the week? :)

I'll build a yurt.

I'll be having a rant at the Job Centre again. Except I won't, as you have to insult them online nowadays.

:)

I really enjoyed the day in September 2009 that I signed-off after five months on the Nat King Cole.

"Well Mr Robson, you don't appear to have applied for many jobs this week - so you may face a sanction."

"Really"..? Says I.

"Perhaps at this point, I should inform you that I've just got one I that applied for three weeks ago, and that I start on Monday - so you lot can go and fuck off..!"

One of the sweetest moments of my life thus far...!

;)

Well done mate...

XYY

1 minute ago, blobloblob said:

People actually live in the Midlands? Eewwwww it's only good for driving through to get to the other side.

This old admiral has noticed a distinct lack of lighthouses.

1 minute ago, blobloblob said:

People actually live in the Midlands? Eewwwww it's only good for driving through to get to the other side.

Dependent surely on what direction you are facing? 

Heading up north to lovely Scotland great, but heading down towards London, not so much.

Just now, Libspero said:

Surprised you couldn't find anything local Mr Pin..  must be a good job!

The point I was making, is that last week this was local.O.o