• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Death by social media

So a bloke is apparently on the run in Cleveland, Ohio, after claiming to have killed 15 people today. He streamed at least one murder live on FB apparently. Not islamist - apparently he said that he lost a load of money due to gambling.

Try and show a nipple on FB and they will try to bn you if it ain't pixelated. But live streaming of murder - feck!

Facebook is utter toilet.

I had a beak at a mates Facebook gubbins the other day and, having being off it a while now, it allowed me to appreciate how weird, contradictory and fucked up it actually is.

Huge amounts a crap clickbait (some of which seemed pretty unpleasant) a list of world irrelevancies in the corner, loads of 'boo Trump', 'boo brexit' and a load of pictures of people's dinner.

O.o

It's also a bit odd that Facebook will come down upon any nudity however graphic violence is ok apparently. It was a load of really vitriolic brexit wibble followed by someone posting some charming ISIS videos in between pictures of hamburgers and cheesecakes that flicked a, "what the fuck is this?" switch in my head and I binned it.

Which wasn't the easiest of processes in itself.

Appearing while driving a car and apparently chatting to another person on his phone, Stephens admits to what he claims is an "Easter Day slaughter" in the name of a woman who MirrorOnline is not naming.

He can be heard explaining he just “snapped” and has a “lot of built in anger and frustration".

He continues: "I snapped, dog, I just snapped.

“I just killed 13 ************* man. That’s what I did, I killed 13 people and I’m about to keep killing until they catch me. F*** it.”

He continues to tell the camera: “I’m 37 and all my f****** life I’ve just always been a f****** monster, man.

"Always had to prove myself, always had to take the butts of people’s jokes.

“I’m killing m*************, all because of this b****…

"She’s putting me at my pushing point.

“I was living over there with her, I woke up Friday and I just couldn’t take it anymore, I just left.

"Here I am, massacring m************. Today is the Easter Day (woman’s name) massacre.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/facebook-live-shooting-suspect-steve-10240045

The Easter Day (woman's name)  Massace?

It is almost 8pm in Ohio i notice that this story didn't make the european press until approx 11pm european time but has obviously been going on all day on Easter Day, one has to suspect that govermental media control has played a part in not releasing this story during Easter Day

34 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Michael Ryan would be the UK equivalent, though without the ego boost of social media, just went round killing people at random one day.  Sixteen killed plus many.more wounded; I'd forgotten that it was quite that bad.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre

A week or two after it happened was a bank holiday. I bumped into 4 guys I knew who were just leaving to drive to Hungerford to have a look at where the killings took place. Even then there were twisted people fascinated by such things.

Today we have liveleak, Facebook and twitter. 

9 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Facebook is utter toilet.

I had a beak at a mates Facebook gubbins the other day and, having being off it a while now, it allowed me to appreciate how weird, contradictory and fucked up it actually is.

Huge amounts a crap clickbait (some of which seemed pretty unpleasant) a list of world irrelevancies in the corner, loads of 'boo Trump', 'boo brexit' and a load of pictures of people's dinner.

O.o

It's also a bit odd that Facebook will come down upon any nudity however graphic violence is ok apparently. It was a load of really vitriolic brexit wibble followed by someone posting some charming ISIS videos in between pictures of hamburgers and cheesecakes that flicked a, "what the fuck is this?" switch in my head and I binned it.

Which wasn't the easiest of processes in itself.

US culture in a nutshell. Violence is more acceptable than naked people. They have some serious hang ups. 

It’s just the latest example of a growing horror.

The sudden popularity of live-streaming video services like Facebook Live and Twitter’s Periscope — along with the ability to upload previously shot videos to the platforms — has been increasingly been accompanied by the sharing of violent acts such as slayings, rapes and suicides and even torture. The videos are posted by people seeking attention, even feelings of empowerment. Now, experts worry now about copycat offenders and, worse, people seeking to “one-up” the gruesomeness of the last viral video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/04/17/he-hugged-his-family-and-said-ill-see-you-next-time-before-being-gunned-down-on-facebook-video/?utm_term=.2ff1872208cf

Platforms like this give people fame. I imagine a big part of what this arsehole wants is to feel famous, important, remembered - whatever. The sad fact of the matter is that Facebook has now given every nutter out there a video camera and worldwide live broadcasting in their smartphone.

I imagine these type of 'live' attacks will become more common.

Fakebook creates narcissists.  These twats think they're celebrities because they have followers. Any criticism and you're blocked...so all they have are quislings feeding their narcissism.  

They all need a good kick in the cunt. Dull, boring non people.

Narcissists are dangerous people...constantly looking for their next victim.

8 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Fakebook creates narcissists.  These twats think they're celebrities because they have followers. Any criticism and you're blocked...so all they have are quislings feeding their narcissism.  

They all need a good kick in the cunt. Dull, boring non people.

Narcissists are dangerous people...constantly looking for their next victim.

Luckily I only suffer from a lack of modesty!O.o

Bit of a cunt thing to do, pick someone out and shoot.

Ourisde of a war situation, i cannt comprehend killing a stranger who posed no threat to me.

Ive considered killing people iknow, mainly my twat father, but never anyone else.

I dont think fb has made these sort of thing more frequent. Violent crime is still falling, even in the states.

Id not like to be ablack bloke in a lot of places in the US. Mainly due to the threat from other black blokes. At least you could see the klan coming.

2 hours ago, Wahoo said:

Fakebook creates narcissists. 

This * 1000.

I think Facebook has changed our collective psyche's for the worse. I am a member to keep in contact with some people but I pretty much never post on it. I have an increasing number of people on my friends list set to 'ignore' because of the narcissistic grandiose garbage that they post - it's as if some people have become a brand now, creating posing for staged photos like they are 'press releases' of sorts. 

15 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

This * 1000.

I think Facebook has changed our collective psyche's for the worse. I am a member to keep in contact with some people but I pretty much never post on it. I have an increasing number of people on my friends list set to 'ignore' because of the narcissistic grandiose garbage that they post - it's as if some people have become a brand now, creating posing for staged photos like they are 'press releases' of sorts. 

Yup, everyone is their own PR manager now.

I honestly think the negatives of it outweigh the positives by quite some degree. It appears to have skewed how society thinks and behaves, you're either with the facebook/Twitter/ instagram love-in or you've got something to hide.

Everyone is a critic, political pundit, connoisseur, model, proud Dad, yummy mummy and Ansell Adams all rolled into one and at the same time, nobody really cares, but the one to shout, "come on! This is shit, go for a walk, meet your mates at the pub or maybe just shut the fuck up for 30 seconds", gets lynched.

Basically it just turns people into massive dicks.

10 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Basically it just turns people into massive dicks.

It's also helps destroy what I would refer to as true 'intimacy' when during every life event, large and small, people are thinking about how they can broadcast it to the world e.g. most couples have to maintain a flow of loved up selfies and holiday pictures. If I was with a woman and she tried to get me to pose for a facebook selfie I'd tell her to sod off. Which is yet another reason why I'm single ;)

The way some people get their kids to perform/pose on Facebook is especially nauseating - hey why not put the phone down and just enjoy time with your kid - is that not enough? 

21 minutes ago, MrPin said:

You are single because you are a nerd Joe. Some ladies like that, but some don't! Believe me I know!O.o

Haha...

Stay single Joe....modern relationships are worse than being in 'The Plantation'. They've turned into 'The Killing Fields'.

A mate of mine is a Medic Consultant. Wife number one was a controlling nutter so he left. Wife number two ran up massive debts (seriously massive) then took the two kids to Spain with Chad Thundercock. He's having to pay maintenance and school fees whilst the cunt sits around a swimming pool fucking Mr tattoos.

My mates is 65 and about to declare himself bankrupt in an attempt to escape the madness.  Poor bloke...what a way to end up at 65.

Stay single mate and save. 

8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Good advice Mr Wahoo! I like women, but not enough for them to empty my wallet!O.o

Ha...yes...nailed it.

'My body and my life..... I'll do what I please.'

'Ok, but it's my money so fuck off'.

• Similar Content

• By Chewing Grass
      Its your data but we will do with it whatever the fuck we like because twatface can't look after it.
      Controversial firm Cambridge Analytics has been issued with an emergency data seizure order following a TV expose about its unethical use of user data. Senior executives have been caught on camera boasting about the use of dark methods, including hiring prostitutes to entrap individuals, generating fake news and sub-contracting with ex-spies to entrap individuals.
      This comes on top of revelations that it had secretly grabbed the personal details of over 50 million Facebook users and used the data to sell voter targeting services.
      https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/19/boom_cambridge_analytica_explodes_following_extraordinary_tv_expose/
      More and more reasons to fuck facebook off.
    • By Reck B
      I had a meeting with some social media marketers last year. During the meeting they told me that it's possible to target people based on the private conversations they have. I asked if they meant that facebook scan your messages (ie messenger/whatsapp) looking for keywords to present relevant ads to the user - they said yes and actual voice conversations. I dismissed it, thinking "bullshit" - they were young nerdy types and probably watched the matrix a few too many times.
      Last week my wife met up with her friend at a gym club - they were talking about where to start swimming club for our youngest. Her friend suggested that she should try a pool called Cofton but she didn't know the timetable.
      In her friends facebook feed that night was an advert for Cofton swimming pool, showing the timetable. I asked if either had mentioned Cofton in whatsapp/messenger or if they had googled it (as this would be more likely than some kind of weird evesdropping voice to text shitbot) but they hadn't.

In another incident (which shows that social media companies do actually trawl through your messages) my sis in law was presented with ad advert for a pendant engraved with the letters "DB" which is how she refers to her daughter when messaging by wife on social media.

• By WorkingPoor
      Nobody seems to want to do anything about protesting this continuing menace, all hoping it doesn't affect them, well in that respect i can't have any sympathy. https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/dashcam-shows-lorry-driver-falling-asleep-before-motorway-crash-36375219.html