• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

Best Feel Good Songs

Whatever life changing event you are about to savour, whatever you are doing: whether it be undergoing a medical operation, a job interview or any other 'serious' predicaments, let this be the soundtrack to it all:

This song makes me feel good. Strangely...

An absolute beauty...

This is a good 'get outta bed in the morning' tune. I used to fancy Billie like mad.

James's "Sit Down" is, for me, the quintessential "get drunk and sing along at the top of your voice" material. One of the very best from the Britpop era, wonderful song.

Mama Cass was genius.

So many of my feel-good tracks are euphoric dance so I'll pick other things people may relate to.

Child of the 80s. And proud of it ;)

This has all the ingredients for stupid drunk singing along with mates. Used in Shrek(something to do with the appearance of the singers?) Jolly lyrics, basic rock and roll rhythms, two part harmonies, ridiculous (and probably offensive to Scots) attempts to copy the accents. Along with the 500 miles song - Brilliant!

On 02/05/2017 at 14:50, swissy_fit said:

This has all the ingredients for stupid drunk singing along with mates. Used in Shrek(something to do with the appearance of the singers?) Jolly lyrics, basic rock and roll rhythms, two part harmonies, ridiculous (and probably offensive to Scots) attempts to copy the accents. Along with the 500 miles song - Brilliant!

The Proclaimers did some good songs, despite looking like accountants!

Love the Proclaimers. However ;)

Clearly all songs are going to evoke different things in different people and I'm a dance music nut. Dance music presses those euphoric buttons.

Stone-cold sober, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, the pulse races, and I'm in heaven.

Have a few drinks, dim the lights, and blast these out. There must be something wrong with you if these don't lift you up.

On 5/21/2017 at 07:45, SNACR said:

Love the intro...

4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Close contest though.

He only just managed to edge it.

By five friggin' weeks...!!!

;)

XYY

LOL, didn't notice the date. :Old: