• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Its called fucking statistics

I thought the same when I put on the radio the other day. 

If I'm living in Hull with a postcode near Bransholm (sp), my insurance will sky rocket. Is it discriminating against people from that area? Nope, statistics. 

If I'm a young, newly qualified driver, my insurance is through the roof. Is it discriminating? Nope, statistics. 

If I wear glasses, am a transgender paraplegic, or have no locked garage......you get the idea. 

Despite apparently being a statistically higher risk it seems that yet again they'll want cheaper premiums ams want everyone else to subsidise them with higher premiums.

A form of insurance affirmative action.  Does it ever work the other way round.

Edited by twocents

4 hours ago, twocents said:

Despite apparently being a statistically higher risk it seems that yet again they'll want cheaper premiums ams want everyone else to subsidise them with higher premiums.

A form of insurance affirmative action.  Does it ever work the other way round.

Lower premium women-only car insurance got banned by the EU, I think. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

7 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Lower premium women-only car insurance got banned by the EU, I think. 

Iirc, women were charged less than men because they tended to have fewer claims. 

This was ruled as racist, sexist, or something  O.o and the insurance companies were made to equalise premiums 

18 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

If it could be potentially be the next PPI, I have no doubt whatsoever that the persecuted minority will be successful in gaining full financial reparations.

People do significant courses in risk assessment. Then some special snowflake comes along saying it’s noy fair and it’s all out the window. 

I feel like making a bloody ppi claim as a middle aged woman (god I hate that) as I am having to subsidise these people. 

57 minutes ago, One percent said:

Iirc, women were charged less than men because they tended to have fewer claims. 

This was ruled as racist, sexist, or something  O.o and the insurance companies were made to equalise premiums 

Did male insurance become cheaper ....thought not ,i smell a big fecking rat

Edited by Long time lurking

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

People do significant courses in risk assessment. Then some special snowflake comes along saying it’s noy fair and it’s all out the window. 

I feel like making a bloody ppi claim as a middle aged woman (god I hate that) as I am having to subsidise these people. 

This could be the next magic money tree, go long on Audi S3's and KFC, ditch the Danepak.

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

👍 out of reps. Eggsactly. 

Just now, Shaneyson said:

This could be the next magic money tree, go long on Audi S3's and KFC, ditch the Danepak.

Fuck, what I just said 👍

need to talk to spunko about the lack of reps. 

14 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Could be talking bollocks but I think the issue was that there were companies specifically for women (ignoring the fact they were all the same insurer when it came to it). So you couldn't sell to women only, but they were still able to price a premium based on your risk profile, including gender.

45 minutes ago, gilf said:

Could be talking bollocks but I think the issue was that there were companies specifically for women (ignoring the fact they were all the same insurer when it came to it). So you couldn't sell to women only, but they were still able to price a premium based on your risk profile, including gender.

Well that sound`s more plausible as the whole ethos of the insurance game is risk profile or statistics...but there again we are all subsidising the home insurance of those that bought houses on flood plains so nothing would surprise me